Gyallarhorn

Why banditing?

No matter how many people say it's dumb to go around shooting people, it's the easiest way to find a challenge, imo.

Side chat loves to tell on you when you kill someone, and if you stay in the same spot, killing people over and over, sooner or later some badasses will show up and you'll have some fun for once.

I still think most bambi's just hate PvP because they suck at it. Last time I spawned, I ran into elektro and found an ak74 with one magazine and though "meh better than nothing" and all of a sudden some little booger starts shooting the firetower with some kind of silenced gun. I ran downstairs and leaned out the door and shot him once in the face and killed him. Buried the AK and the other 29 bullets on his corpse and walked off with an M4A1CCO SD and a full kit.

• Like 2

Sometimes I kill, sometimes I don't.

At the moment I pretty much kill anyone on a server I play on currently, because everyone else is too goddamn friendly. There is hardly any threat.

• Like 4

Sometimes I kill, sometimes I don't.

At the moment I pretty much kill anyone on a server I play on currently, because everyone else is too goddamn friendly. There is hardly any threat.

you play on the ZUST servers, don't you?

People paying $60 USD to spawn with a heli and fly bambi's around all day long.

you play on the ZUST servers, don't you?

People paying $60 USD to spawn with a heli and fly bambi's around all day long.

No, I don't play on those servers.

The survival aspect of the game is "very easy"

* It's easy to survive against a couple zombies, if you know how to play the game.

At this stage of the mod, people have gathered the best gear in the game and feel there is nothing else to do.

* So people start killing other players, these other players might have items of which you might need.

Just yesterday, I was sick and I needed antibiotics. "Btw, I know the trick to lose it, but I can't use it in the specific area I was in."

* I heard gunshots in the island fortress.

- Dying slowly from sickness, I killed the survivor of which killed three other survivors.

- I killed him not that he killed the others, but to check if he has antibiotics.

- Why didn't I ask him, I'd rather not take a chance with a sniper that killed three people with a dmr.

In the end, he had antibiotics and I "survived"

• Like 1

I usually do it because I have no mic, whenever I see someone I do not have the time to say you friendly? BUt I am getting one soon. :P

I Play Eve Online, This is my Other game where Tears are SOOOOOOO Delicious.

And No I'm not an Inmuture little Kid :|

And Lets be Honest It easier to Kill someone and Take there gear than Loot yourself :P

I kill for better stuff, i kill to survive. I think of it this way, i run into a guy in a cornerstore who just spent 30 minutes looting and looks at me calling out "friendly!" Ok yeah sure, as he goes through his gear i pop a makarov round into his head and take his shit. Oh i got a better gun and tons of food in ten seconds. Now he is whining over side chat and i'm a happy camper making my way into the woods.

Now to me i could have been that guy. Wasting my time scavenging forever to get some half decent crap always looking over my shoulder to see if i'm being watched. Then when i have everything i want i turn around and some ass munch pops me in the head and runs off. That would suck donkey balls. All i'm getting at is that i much rather survive by killing some guy who found all the loot for me than wasting my time just to pass it off to some other ass fuck.

No matter how many people say it's dumb to go around shooting people, it's the easiest way to find a challenge, imo.

Side chat loves to tell on you when you kill someone, and if you stay in the same spot, killing people over and over, sooner or later some badasses will show up and you'll have some fun for once.

I still think most bambi's just hate PvP because they suck at it. Last time I spawned, I ran into elektro and found an ak74 with one magazine and though "meh better than nothing" and all of a sudden some little booger starts shooting the firetower with some kind of silenced gun. I ran downstairs and leaned out the door and shot him once in the face and killed him. Buried the AK and the other 29 bullets on his corpse and walked off with an M4A1CCO SD and a full kit.

Bro why are you so epic. I feel like the fire house blew up behind you as you walked away in slow-mo

• Like 1

I am usually a friendly player, but sometimes I like change. But I don't kill on sight. I stalk and then usually hold them up. If there is no co-operation I usually kill them.

Some people here don't understand why you'd kill an "innocent" player, but I don't understand why you wouldn't... maybe not all the time, but at least some of the time...? Come on... it's damned fun! <_<

I kill for better stuff, i kill to survive. I think of it this way, i run into a guy in a cornerstore who just spent 30 minutes looting and looks at me calling out "friendly!" Ok yeah sure, as he goes through his gear i pop a makarov round into his head and take his shit. Oh i got a better gun and tons of food in ten seconds. Now he is whining over side chat and i'm a happy camper making my way into the woods.

Now to me i could have been that guy. Wasting my time scavenging forever to get some half decent crap always looking over my shoulder to see if i'm being watched. Then when i have everything i want i turn around and some ass munch pops me in the head and runs off. That would suck donkey balls. All i'm getting at is that i much rather survive by killing some guy who found all the loot for me than wasting my time just to pass it off to some other ass fuck.

Your placement of profanity tells me you are probably between the ages of 12 and 14.

Edited by PapaSmurf
  • Like 1

I think most people question the killing because too many people never see the person that killed them and have no way to retaliate. They've lived most of their gaming lives having a chance to at least defend themselves in games where death from another player is possible. Think of every game you've ever played. What would be the point of continuing play if randomly, without warning, without any way to avoid it, you simply die. You start over from scratch and at some point later, you randomly die again. No warning, no visual cues, no auditory cues, no way to avoid a repeat of that situation other than to avoid that area all together. You can't just respawn and come back as you are even less able to defend yourself at that point than you were when you died. Eventually you would no longer be playing the game the way it was intended. You would be hiding as far from everything else that makes the game fun. Look at the server browser and try to tell me this hasn't already happened in Dayz. Check out how many people are playing the game on a server by themselves or with a minimum of other players. There are around 1200 people playing on servers with 50-45 other people, 3000 people on servers with 45-20 players, 3000 people on servers with 10-20 players, 4800 people on servers with 3-10 people and around 1600 playing on a server with 1-2 players. I haven't really ever played a game that I can remember that made it so lopsided in favor of people wanting to be asshats. I get that its a different kind of game, but when you purposefully design your game to make it so that any loser can be a troll, you pretty much guarantee a very large percentage of people, that would otherwise play your game, won't. The people making this game have to understand that the way it stands, the assholes are winning as its just too easy to asshole it up in Dayz. The numbers don't lie. Losers looking to be a bully because its the easiest path do.

The game absolutely needs bandits. Without them there is no reason to play this game after you get geared. What most people who complain about bandits get mad about is how easy it is to die to one and how little there is you can do to counter a sniper on a hill 1,000 meters away who can kill you with one bullet. When you have more players in a multiplayer game choosing to go it alone or with one other person than you do choosing to play on a nearly full server the game is broken.

• Like 1

What most people who complain about bandits get mad about is how easy it is to die to one and how little there is you can do to counter a sniper on a hill 1,000 meters away who can kill you with one bullet. When you have more players in a multiplayer game choosing to go it alone or with one other person than you do choosing to play on a nearly full server the game is broken.

However, you're neglecting to mention that bandits are at greater risk of being killed themselves, and they usually have the better gear. Yes, there is little you can do to him from 1,000 meters away with a sniper, just like there's nothing HE can do when you're 9,950 meters closer from behind him with a silenced rifle. The risks are there for everyone, so to blame this on bandits is silly.

By the way, if you want you post to sound no-so-biased, you should stop referring to them as "Assholes." It's just screaming "They are playing different to me therefore they are mean." You might not mean it (Or maybe you do, iunno), but that's how it appears.

I am absolutely biased and make no claims to the contrary. Not against bandits being bandits, though, but against people being able to use the cheapest methods possible to grief other players. I even said "The game absolutely needs bandits". I love PVP and do not play any multiplayer games that lack some form of PVP. I have killed people before but I refuse to pick up a sniper rifle other than to take them to the nearest bush and throw them on the ground. Giving the worst type of trolls the ability to kill without consequence or risk just drives most people away.

As to the comment 'bandits are at greater risk' I call bull. I know the names of most of the bandits on the servers I play on and its definitely NOT their names taking up the majority of those scrolling up the side of the screen in death chat. I don't mind people making it their sole purpose in the game to kill as many people as possible. I like facing that kind of threat. Not being able to see, hear or even know that a threat is there makes it pointless to play this game as a social game and the numbers I posted last night back that up.

Oh, and a couple definitions of what I think this word means in this context.

Asshole: Someone driving a vehicle up and down the coast with the sole intent and purpose of running down people who have just spawned and doing so for no other reason than the negative emotions it inflicts on the victim.

Asshole: Someone hiding along the ridges north of the beach knowing for a fact that the vast majority of the people they are about to kill have no weapons, no gear and no way to fight back and doing so for no other reason than they feel good about causing duress in their fellow players.

Those things drive away noobs and the money they have to spend on SA. Look at how many people complained and then asked for their money back in Warz after trying to spawn into the game a couple times. There are a lot of other reasons why Warz is shit, but doesn't this sound familiar? Player spawns with little to no gear in a small area. Just outside that area are people with high powered weapons who spend all day killing people with little risk to themselves and for no other reasons than they can and they like pissing people off by being a troll. They've talked about making changes to SA to limit these things somewhat, but every game that allows it in the slightest sees more and more people utilizing them until most people just leave and the trolls are the only ones left when the last server shuts down.

• Like 1

Why? I enjoy hunting down other asshole bandits, the other day I had to listen to this asshole trick bambis into meeting up with him with the promise of gear over side chat. He got three or four before I tracked him down (A hunt of around 8k) and dropped him. I generally leave bambi survivors alone unless I need food/water/ammo/weapons or they pose a threat. So I guess I'm an anti bandit? :P

Damn iPhone double post!

Edited by Zev.

I kill nearly all. Even new spawns if they are in my way. I won't risk exposing myself a lot for them, but I am not one to ignore people just because they have no weapon. Hell, the only reason they scream "friendly" is because they have no weapon. But if I ignored them and they walked up to an M4 30secs later, you think they wouldn't try to come after me? Screw that.

On the subject, I am really annoyed at how everyone can't take dying in this game. Every time someone dies its

"Wow...why? I had nothing"

"Too bad I had nothing good"

"Why kill someone driving a bus?"

"Took you long enough to kill me you suck!"

"You have horrible aim!"

etc etc. Whine whine whine. The worst are the morons that communicate over side chat with each other, giving their locations repeatedly. Like someone isn't going to take advantage of that?

It's more about the hunt and the kill for me....than it is about the gear I get from someone.

Those things drive away noobs and the money they have to spend on SA. Look at how many people complained and then asked for their money back in Warz after trying to spawn into the game a couple times. There are a lot of other reasons why Warz is shit, but doesn't this sound familiar? Player spawns with little to no gear in a small area. Just outside that area are people with high powered weapons who spend all day killing people with little risk to themselves and for no other reasons than they can and they like pissing people off by being a troll. They've talked about making changes to SA to limit these things somewhat, but every game that allows it in the slightest sees more and more people utilizing them until most people just leave and the trolls are the only ones left when the last server shuts down.

This is not what lead to WarZ's downfall at all. The whole game was a disgusting scandal and bag of bs as soon as it was announced. The crookedness of the developers was/is their biggest issue. The Steam scandal was what really brought people into wanting their money back because of blatant false advertising and IMO was the final nail on the coffin. I firmly believe they have no intention of supporting the game long term and wanted to cash in as much as possible through the Alpha, in game purchases and their brief appearance on Steam.

Edited by SteveLord

I am absolutely biased and make no claims to the contrary.

Then this detracts significantly from your argument. If you're analyzing facts from one side, you're only looking with half of your vision. I'd rather spend my time reading a giant wall of text from someone with reliable points.

Then this detracts significantly from your argument. If you're analyzing facts from one side, you're only looking with half of your vision. I'd rather spend my time reading a giant wall of text from someone with reliable points.

They're only unreliable if you completely lack the ability to think for yourself. I am somehow at a loss as to how you think someone who feels strongly about something is incapable of seeing motivations or reasons why someone would take an opposing opinion. I could be motivated to lie or misconstrue evidence or things I see but so can someone who has nothing to gain and is completely neutral. Being a liar is a trait that happens to both people with opinions and those without an opinion on a particular subject. But that's where a rational human being has to at least be smart enough to take things in and make their own opinion.

They're only unreliable if you completely lack the ability to think for yourself. I am somehow at a loss as to how you think someone who feels strongly about something is incapable of seeing motivations or reasons why someone would take an opposing opinion. I could be motivated to lie or misconstrue evidence or things I see but so can someone who has nothing to gain and is completely neutral. Being a liar is a trait that happens to both people with opinions and those without an opinion on a particular subject. But that's where a rational human being has to at least be smart enough to take things in and make their own opinion.

No, there is a difference between being strongly in favor of/against something, and being biased towards/against something. Being in favor of/against something merely means that you take all facts and evidence, points and opinions and you have drawn to the conclusion that your choice is the correct one.

Being BIASED, however, means that you simply ignore all points and facts that are against your way of thinking, regardless of how valid or important they are to the argument, and massively inflate the importance of your own facts. Thus, your argument contains only what you want to hear, not what we need to hear.

A clever person CAN formulate his own opinions when presented with biased trash. A stupid person would pick to listen to biased trash over reasonable points.

If I wanted to decide whether to get an Xbox or a PS3, why would I listen to the guy who's yelling "LOL SONY R FAGS XBOX IS DA BESST DUDE" over the person who actually understands the capability of both sides and can provide me with logical factual information? It's be a waste of energy to go "Well, I could just talk to that guy who clearly knows what he's on about, BUT IM SO SMERT IMA LISTEN TO ONE SIDE FROM THIS OTHER GUY AND PRESUME THE REST BECAUSE I R SMERRT"

I don't care whether you agree with anything I just said or not, the words "Biased" and "Reliable" are contradictory. If you're biased, what you're saying is one-sided and not reliable. That is a fact.

• Like 1

Hello!

There is something that bothers me. No, not what you thougt. It's not you bandits. It's the question why people decide to be bandits. From the "How I became a bandit" thread I read some storys where people just were out to kill other players. But I don't understand why? If you are here for the kills, why don't you play something else? Some Game that is about fighting other players.

In DayZ you barely encounter other players, if you're not roaming Cherno or Elektro, and most of the Players you encounter are coming freshly from the spawnpoints. Most do not have gear worth even the ammunition, so there is no reward. Not even a fight since most times it works with killing someone from a hiding place that haven't even noticed you are there.

When I heard of this game I thought it was about surviving the zombie apocalypse, not about some strange war between mad gunslingers. I heard something like " you can never know wether someone betrays you or not". Well... I wasn't betrayed ever. Every Player I spot seems to just kill on sight. No matter the attracted Zombies or that I even look like I have something useful for them. I was even shot shortly after respawning, carrying no gun and having only my coyote backpack. And that kill is the only one that ever bothered me because that just didn't make any sense at all.

So please answer my question so I can finally rest. Why playing DayZ when it only seems to be about the kills?

The question you need to ask yourself is why do you in your wildest imagination think people wouldn't kill each other if whatever apocalypse where to happen?

Paranoia, insanity, opportunity, greed, survival (food, clothes, shelter, you name it), retaliation, quest for power... ETC ETC ad infinitum.

The reason i kill people in DayZ is simple, i am bored with other shooting games where you spawn with a weapon in hand and you go pew pew against others who spawn with weapons in their hand.

Death in other games doesn't have any real downsides whereas in DayZ, when you die you have to scavenge to get back on your feet.

It takes a LONG time to get fully geared up vs other shooters where you start with everything you need and just go unload at everything you can until you die. Only to repeat that mindless procedure.

The other thing is, zombies pose ZERO challenge in DayZ as it is now. Food is plentiful and i can survive 24/7 all year long without lifting an eyebrow.

The only challenge present in DayZ is fighting other players.

And no, helping other players is NOT a challenge. It's a risk and there is little to no reward in doing so apart from the satisfaction you get from helping them.

I get equal or greater satisfaction actually giving them a challenge by shooting at them. At least then i know they aren't just spending 8 hours a day looking for the AS50 and all the other gear just so they can lie in wait up at NWA to pop the occasional idiot that runs up there (about one every 2 hours on average) with one bullet.

People decide to become bandits because they are fed up with this carebear / farming attitude so many seem to have.

What are you going to use all that gear for anyways? Why do you have a vehicle if all you intend to do is survive...?

EDIT:

Mind you, i can survive forever without anything but drink and food in my inventory in DayZ. I just run into a suitable town of choice, pick and choose among the food and drink and get out again. All without killing a single zombie or being hit once by Zombies.

DayZ is not a survival game until you actually go fight other players.

Edited by X0TCadde
  • Like 1

I just assume that bandits to the extreme degree ( killing fresh spawns, using side chat to trick people into coming to a certain area to snipe them, essentially play the game to grief others) are just sad people in real life. Chances are they aren't the best looking, not very popular, get bullied, and by doing this in game they finally have some sort of power over people.

Bandits who kill to upgrade their gear, because you got to close to their camp or vehicle, are heading to the same loot spot as them, are great for the game tho. But sitting on a hill or building sniping bambis with makarovs is just plain silly.

• Like 1

This thread have become so sad. I feel sorry for all those bambies who got owned by "evil" bandits. I dunno, maybe there should be PvZ servers (Player vs Zombies) where ability to kill other players is disabled?

The question you need to ask yourself is why do you in your wildest imagination think people wouldn't kill each other if whatever apocalypse where to happen?

Paranoia, insanity, opportunity, greed, survival (food, clothes, shelter, you name it), retaliation, quest for power... ETC ETC ad infinitum.

Do you talk about the game or do you talk about the hypothetical possibility of a zombie apocalypse?

If first: Because it isn't what they got themselves DayZ for. This is only a possibility. I do NOT say this applies to every DayZ player.

If last: Because people know that there is strength in numbers plus it usually takes the need to kill someone. After they killed one time it might get easier, but it is not the natural behavior of men to kill without pondering other possibilities. This,of course, can't apply to a Game because we aren't really killing and we know it. That's why all this bullshit about how gaming turns someone into a mass murderer is just insane. And as mentioned before: There is strength in Numbers. Humans aren't a race of lone wolves. Having others with you greatly increases your survivability. The only animals that aren't running in a pack are those that are already so strong others would only mean lack of food for them. Most of us can't take Isolation forever. You are propably enjoying to be around people somehow yourself. That's why you don't play a single player game. You want to interact and compete with other players. Beeing alone would be boring.