rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

Diary entry #2

..... time is ticking on.... no cans left....loots spawns are dry

today will be a long day....

Chill out future-boy. It's still Sunday night here. Pretending it's Monday already won't fool anyone.

Future meets past..cultures collide..streets run orange with beans.

• Like 3

Well it's 1.07 pm in New Zealand land. I'm basing everything Rocket says and does on New Zealand land time from here on in.

• Like 2

Yeh, they're GMT+2. So to all you Aussies, that means the next devblog will be out in time for Easter which was last week.

• Like 2

if I fly at the speed of light in the same direction the earth rotates, would I get the standalone quicker?

If you want to know any horse racing results give us a call here in Australia - 10 hours ahead.

• Like 2

You know what this is? Visual masturbation, is what it is. I am very positive that whatever awaits from the standalone, will be worth senselessly throwing my money at.

Edited by Cap'n

visual masto huh..and camels..ooooo thats a door you don't want to open.

I was recently playing left 4 dead today, and something hit me. I realized a tweaked left 4 dead like zombie would be perfect for dayz. A single zombie doesn't hurt you that much, but as the number of zombies go up, the damage goes up. I.e. the more zombies that attack you the higher risk of disease and bone breakage, based on a curve, plus the natural damage they do by hitting you. Right now innl the mod, one stupid zombie can technically break your leg, make you bleed, and give you a disease in one hit. It honestly makes no sense. If you where fighting of an single creature in real life, I doubt it could hurt you that much. But fighting a whole bunch of creatures, you obviously can't handle them all, so your chance of getting hurt goes up drastically.

Also it would be cool to see broken arms and different breaks. I.e. a fractured bone allows you to still function, but your gun is wobbly or you walk with a limp. A full break would keep you from walking and allow you to use only 1 handed weapons(handgun).

Just some things that popped into my mind.

^ valve creator of left for dead has been in touch with rocket and is probs playing the alpha right now. he would deffo have many tips for rocket about AI path finding

so im sure they have many great things in mind for the future of zombie evolution

I always envisioned the threat of the infected to come from them knocking you down/out and then proceeding to maul you while you are in a less defensible position and at great risk to attacks from higher numbers, never made much sense that they could cause your bones to break or bleeding that you could die from if not bandaged imo.

Also please confirm gumboots for the standalone :)

Had no idea there was going to be a update, he'll post the update when its ready to be submitted.

Had no idea there was going to be a update, he'll post the update when its ready to be submitted.

You don't say?

• Like 1