Sign in to follow this  
harley001

VIP's in servers. Thoughts?

So i was playing dayz and I notice something on some private hives. There are VIP's on some of these servers. Often these are just the admin and friends of the admin or people who payed the server money. These vips tend to spawn with items. A example being I was on the CA zombie infection server and VIPs can buy FULL loadouts with a dmr and everything. What ended up happening was the server turned into death match I was constantly getting sniped by people with soldier clothing and dmr and they didn't care if they lived or died. Either way they spawn with brand new loot.

In my opinion this is pay to win because paying to spawn with two water bottles four cooked meat a dmr with 3 mags and a coyote backpack just seems to take the SURVIVE part out of dayz and turn it into death match free for all. Worst part is NONE of these VIPs are friendly they all kos. At least from what I have seen.

Your thoughts? Also if you are a vip please tell WHY you think its good to pay $. Maybe you can convince someone its not that bad. Every time I ask they get defensive and just start calling me a noob and saying I am mad because I died.

I don't like it and I generally avoid servers with donator perks. It's pointless, they don't care about dying because they'll spawn right back with all their gear and it ruins immersion. If they want to spawn in with machine guns they should play ArmA.

I too play on the CA servers . Me and my team had an hour long match with 5 VIP guys . We kept dying and respawning, ran to our bodies and picked up our gear while they would simply spawn and run towards us fully kitted . It was frustrating . Although we killed them many times over they had nothing to lose while we had everything to lose . After that incident we just went inland where everything is pretty much normal . VIP is bad and they should not be given soo many weapons . Max they should be given a lee Enfield if they donated a lot . But this is ridiculous .

Any kind of VIP treatment, absolutely ANY kind is a disgrace to the essence of DayZ. I avoid it at any cost. I'm not about to pay any greedy bastards to get gear, that I really don't think they can take payment for since they do not own it, to get an unfair advantage that really ruins any joy you'd get for finding upgrades to your equipment. Hopefully they will all be gone by the time SA is released and everything is strictly controlled by the server programming.

What's the point in playing if you respawn with everything...WHAT"S THE POINT!

• Like 1

I cant believe people play on these servers that have that feature...why would you even bother logging in?

I had no idea people actually do this.

It amazes me that people play DayZ and completely miss the point of the experience.

• Like 4

I have no love for this pay for loot system. Really don't think it's compatible with DayZ. It's actually reminding me of WarZ and if I was a server hoster, this would feel like a major insult. Still, it's true. It does remind me of WarZ

I cant believe people play on these servers that have that feature...why would you even bother logging in?

The ca zombie infection servers are actually really good. This VIP bull started happening very recently on their servers.

Edited by harley001

I'm a VIP on these servers. The main reason I chose it is that hacking is rampant on all Dayz servers and I got sick of getting hours worth of work taken away because of malicious hackers.

I do think VIPs have the obligation to not abuse their loadout by pointlessly dying and/or killing fresh spawns.

There are plenty of Dayz servers out there that have different play styles. The CA/Zombie Infection servers are really good.

I also look forward to SA when hopefully the hacking is mitigated a bit, because admittedly spawning with loadout hurts the overall experience.

I just couldn't take having hours worth of work/play/gear stolen because someone decides to cheat.

I'm a VIP on these servers. The main reason I chose it is that hacking is rampant on all Dayz servers and I got sick of getting hours worth of work taken away because of malicious hackers.

I do think VIPs have the obligation to not abuse their loadout by pointlessly dying and/or killing fresh spawns.

There are plenty of Dayz servers out there that have different play styles. The CA/Zombie Infection servers are really good.

I also look forward to SA when hopefully the hacking is mitigated a bit, because admittedly spawning with loadout hurts the overall experience.

I just couldn't take having hours worth of work/play/gear stolen because someone decides to cheat.

I play on the ca zombie infection all the time. I have never seen hackers do anything. Also part of dayz is scavaging for loot. IF you just wanna kill people play arma. You know the game you have installed....right now.

I played on a server likw that, at one point, I was the only one on the server at the time, and I guess the admin was messing around with the spawns (trying to add custom gear I assume) when I happen to stumble across a FOB looking area, it looked like it was all lootable (ammo crates and whatnot) but it wasn't. The only thing that spawned there was a AI soldier in camo clothing, he was holding a l85 susat. I killed him and took it, the next day I logged on and the admins questioned where I had gotten this rifle, I told them what happened and said I had screenies to prove it wasn't hacked in. So I added them on skype on showed them. For the time being, they let me keep it. In the days too come, hackers started to pour in the lobbies and I began to give there names to the admins, should they not be on. And when they did get on, the players I listed were checked and banned. One of the admins later told me that I had been a huge help in maintaining the server so he wanted to reward me. He took away my susat and told me I could pick any weapon I wanted to have as a reward (aside from as50s and really good guns as such) I asked if a silenced rifle was okay and he said yes, he ended up giving me a G36SD, to stand out from the common player, however, regular player status was still there, meaning if I died, I would still lose everything, and not respawn with it. Most VIP I've ever been treated

Hello there

Personally, I think it's game breaking.

But, the beauty of Arma/Dayz private hives is that there is choice to play how you wish.

Rgds

LoK

I'm not a fan and will deliberately avoid servers that reward donators with gear, or any servers with modified starting loadouts for that matter.

• Like 1

I play on the ca zombie infection all the time. I have never seen hackers do anything. Also part of dayz is scavaging for loot. IF you just wanna kill people play arma. You know the game you have installed....right now.

Read the post the admin put up at the zombie infection forums. They installed new anti-hacks on the servers and banned over 200 hackers in 1 day.

So if you haven't seen anyone hacking we're either talking about different servers or you've been very lucky.

The nice things is the CA/ZI admins are always working to update the servers and eliminate the cheaters. Getting better every day...

I wont pay for loot and play, but if they find a way to kick the hackers instantly, Im ready to pay for it...

Orlok pretty much summed it up. People are entitled to play the game however they want. You disagree with donater packages then avoid those servers

Orlok pretty much summed it up. People are entitled to play the game however they want. You disagree with donater packages then avoid those servers

Absolutely. There's plenty of variety and that's a good thing. I don't particularly like 24/7 daylight and find it pretty immersion breaking, but I don't think playing on a 24/7 daylight server is a "wrong" way to play.

Different strokes, different folks.