philbottle

Favourite background music while on DayZ

The sound of zombies chewing on flesh, the creak of a barn door in the wind or the snap of an AS50 off in the distance are enough for me. :P

• Like 1

Feint, Snake Eyes.

Voicians, Fighters.

Plenty more where that came from, but im too lazy to post the rest :P

These just don't match the atmosphere of DayZ... at all.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Some great replies, and haven't had to roll my eyes too much at some tastes in music lol

In fairness to those that prefer no music at all I have a policy, and it goes like this:

If I'm in a busy server I do not play anything at all music-wise. The random snapping of twigs is all the sound I need to hear.

If I'm in a server which is not populated I relax out and do some hunting and cooking to some nice music. It's kind of my chill out time after work.

When I want some action though, the music is off, need my wits about me and off I go.

This community rocks and (not in a boy band kinda way lol) :D

• Like 1

I have done that a couple of times when I get on before peek times, when theres about 2 other players on the server, just put some music on and actually not have to look other your shoulder every 5 seconds. <_<

• Like 1

Either the Ambiance of DayZ keeps me going, otherwise, I put up some recent songs from Bronies and Friends.

If I were to choose someone mainstream, I would go through Daft Punk, The Beatles, and maybe Eurythmics.

None of them match the mood, but GOD DAMN MAN, THIS IS A FREE APOCALYPSE.

• Like 1

One of the original members of hawkwind died recently rip

not usually my cup of tea but VALIUM is pure class.

LSD in cherno, i'm game lol

BTW no-one's mentioned orbital. they'd make a great eery soundtrack. losing my rock n roll credentials saying that.

But i is a little mash up tonight bredren. x

Nothing at all!

I need to listen to the environment, so i can hear if any zombie or player is sneaking up on me.

And if the wife comes by while im playing, she can have a can of STFU too.

• Like 1

I don't usually listen to music when I play DayZ, the only exception being when I am flying a brand-new chopper; Creedance Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son.

• Like 1

Silence, unless being picked up by a chopper in which case i have a key macro-ed for Fortunate Son, also on occasion Still Alive by Glad0s

Edit :i swear i did not notice above post xD

Edited by Nomadic Nut
  • Like 1

I listen to all sorts of stuff; The xx, alt J, A Day to Remember, Art vs Science, The Foo Fighters, Muse, Coldplay, Deadmau5, just to name a few, gut I tend to not listen to music while gaming, DayZ is actually great for this though, it makes those long runs alot more bearable :D

• Like 1

Anything from Music Junkies.

Search it up >:U

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

You must be crazy to play music while on DayZ, unless you want to drown out sounds of shots and other players... listening to music isn't really what you want to do. :P But I would love to play music while on DayZ.

• Like 1

Always look on the bright side

• Like 1

Nothing, I even move down TS channels when I play so I can hear zombies/people who be creepin' and can tell when someone is firing nearby and more than likely at me.

• Like 2