Tiger205

Tents & Vehicles General

Well multi-tents seems broken. I lost one tent like that' date=' the first i place is still up and running, but the other one vanished.

Anyway.

How does tent reclaiming and death work exactly?

If I die is the tent up for grabs by anyone? I understand that if I don't reclaim it within 2 days it disappears. Is reclaiming it just the act of picking it up and dropping it again?

This " tents disappear after two days " thing is shit. I mean sure, they can't stay the all time, but there's an issue with that.

If you die, the tent is no more considered as " yours " meaning you can't pack it back. Meaning you need to find another tent, or have a friend with another tent.

And if you friend dies, this shit starts again and again. And every time you need to find another tent and transfer old items.

Boring as hell.

So does this mean there is no such thing as reclaiming the tent? Only reclaiming items from the tent right?

Only reclaiming items from the tent. Exactly.

Even if the owner die, you can't pack a tent. Even if you are the owner. Meaning it will stay there till it vanish.

With ref to the UH1 , the tank hold 1000L of fuel so its 50 jerry cans (i know i filled one) it has room for 6 passengers (1 pilot 2 gunners and 3 passengers) hope this helps

Only reclaiming items from the tent. Exactly.

Even if the owner die' date=' you can't pack a tent. Even if you are the owner. Meaning it will stay there till it vanish.

[/quote']

Thanks for the answers gabriel.

I've yet to find a tent, I've got a knife, matches, map, compass, beans & coke (a cola) and all.

I'm led to belive that they are found in the "out houses".

Guess I'll keep on seaching, until then I supose I will sleep under the stars.

Thanks.

With ref to the UH1 ' date=' the tank hold 1000L of fuel so its 50 jerry cans (i know i filled one) it has room for 6 passengers (1 pilot 2 gunners and 3 passengers) hope this helps

[/quote']

Actually the UH-1H holds 8 people all up, just tested with the lads to confirm.

2 in the front (1 is the pilot)

4 across the back seat

2 gunners

You're doing great job, Gabriel. I was waiting for this information like a hawk.

Tents actually have exactly 50 slots with limit of 10 weapons in them (Binoculars and other tools count as weapons as well) and up to 5 backpacks.

how the hell do u put up the tent - keep getting the message about must be flat ground - making it impossible to hide it in the woods...

How do you pick up the tent? I've undeployed it but I can't seem to pick it up even when I have enough inventory space.

OP updated once again. Thanks Sa-Matra.

Desrat - read the OP... A tent needs roughly a 3x3m square.

What's the exact score with the persistence of Vehicles? OP is a bit vague (no offence)

What happens if you log out inside a car?

Tents actually have exactly 50 slots with limit of 10 weapons in them (Binoculars and other tools count as weapons as well) and up to 5 backpacks.

Can someone confirm that?

Whats are the numbers for cars and helis? Someone checked for that too?

Can someone confirm that?

Whats are the numbers for cars and helis? Someone checked for that too?

These are numbers from decompiled mod. It seems that all vehicles have approximately same amount of space in them, somewhat similar to tents. Going to check more closely into this question later.

What's the exact score with the persistence of Vehicles? OP is a bit vague (no offence)

What happens if you log out inside a car?

Can't really tell since I've yet to repair a vehicle and see if it "dies" with the server. I'm relying on information from others and just gathering the info in one place.

Hm interesting..

And when you say tents have 50 slots with a limit of 10 weapons, does that mean that main waepons does take away 10 slots like in backbacks? And how about backpacks?

For vehicles : if you save a vehicle it will stay, permanently ( like forever ) or not i don't know, but our bus is still at the same place after about 10 restarts so far, so i let you make conclusions :) .

The UH-1H is not the only heli, found a crashed UH-1Y with miniguns/rocket pods, didn't have enough scrap metal to repair it so kept my huey :)

For vehicles : if you save a vehicle it will stay' date=' permanently ( like forever ) or not i don't know, but our bus is still at the same place after about 10 restarts so far, so i let you make conclusions :) .

[/quote']

Have you tested not saving the vehicle between restarts?

My pick-up seems to have lost some (not all) of its items but remained in position between server restarts. I didn't 'force' save it between restarts as I was offline. (As in it remembers the last force save I did but is missing items, and the server has restarted twice since the last forced save)

Some of the other camp users may have moved the items around but I'm not convinced. Haven't had a chance to ask them yet.

Has anyone checked what happens if other people save the vehicle other than the person who put the items in? If you steal someone else's vehicle, and then drive it off and save it, will the items remain in the inventory upon restart?

I'm not saying that's how i got my car but well it could be an explanation.

so if you die after pitching a tent, you cant go back and repitch your tent and it despawns no matter what after 2 days.........i dont think i like this design choice, it took me 5 days of suvival to frikken find one to have it disappear in thin air after 2 days...

Okay more info on tents

Got exactly 60 items in the tent and tested that it doesn't register slots, so size of items does not matter. I confirmed a max of ten weapons per tent (Special items count towards this as well). - this has been tested on two tents

Tents that was set up in an earlier life can't be picked up again by owner or others (at least the one I've tested on), but so far it has been staying for 3 days.

If you put to many items in a tent, then they will drop on the ground next to the tent (Left of tent opening mostly, also behind it)

- Whitey