Tiger205

Tents & Vehicles General

I'm thinking the trees have large bounds due to the canopy so the check against proximity is counting the extent of the upper reaches of the trees, not just the trunks. This is why you can't place tents within a forest.

Bushes usually haven't been an issue, I've placed tents within stands of bushes in the past.

I'll have to check bushes again then ^^

On a side note, my tents are back so continuing the count on my dead mates tent.

Whitey''

On the subject of the tent getting eaten by the server. Is this only a one time risk? Meaning you set it up and if it survives the first day you can safely store your stuff? Or is there a persistent risk of losing the tent?

Tents will disappear frequently (in my experience at least) but return later on another server restart so should be safe to use them, patch might still fuck'em up though :)

Note on tent capacity - Just noticed I were wrong earlier the item cap isn't 60, but 50 - BUT weapons do not count as items, so 10 weapons, 50 items (maybe 5 bags as well), per tent.

- Whitey

Tents are 75 items, not 50.

Just remember there's 3 item types.

Packs

Weapons/Tools

All the rest

I've not counted out total slots across the vehicles' date=' but pack limit seems to be 2 on most of the civvy cars.

Weapons/Tools consist of any weapons, but also include binocs or things that fit down in the bottom slots like maps and compasses.

All the rest like car parts, ammo, meds, tin cans and such fit in the general slots. So adding a weapon or pack won't reduce the amount of ammo you can have stored.

For reference a tent can hold 5 packs, 10 weapons/tools and 75 general slots.

[/quote']

I have a quick question:

I saw a car last night in extremely good condition in Stary Sobor. It was white with all its wheels, and it seemed like if I wanted to I could get in it. However, when I went up to it and used my scroll wheel I had no options to get in it. Is it because it needs to be filled? How am I suppose to know what it needs?

It's a destroyed Skoda which apparently cannot be entered. Also updated the OP yet again.

Alright, got exact info about tents. You can put in 50 of any objects (doesn't matter what their size it, 50 wheels will go in) + 10 any weapons (binoculars count as weapons too for instance) + 5 any backpacks. Vehicles work in the same way, we just need to find what are their exact capacity numbers are.

So is it 50 or 75 items? Because right now we have some kind of misinformation.

It'd be a whole lot simpler if the remaining empty spots was displayed up top like it is on backpacks now. Anyone know why it doesn't already? It seems like a really simple thing that should have been there from the start.

Been playing this mod for a few weeks now and have yet to find a repairable vehicle. Just unlucky I guess.

Alright' date=' got exact info about tents. You can put in 50 of any objects (doesn't matter what their size it, 50 wheels will go in) + 10 any weapons (binoculars count as weapons too for instance) + 5 any backpacks. Vehicles work in the same way, we just need to find what are their exact capacity numbers are.

[/quote']

Tested on the UO servers after 1.5.6 and it was definitely 75 slots across the tents freshly placed.

If its supposed to be 50 slots there's probably a bug at work, 75 slots was consistent. I don't play on other servers so I can't compare there.

The tents can hold 50 items, consistent over 5 different tents placed on EU 3, tested by three different people. And it is 1.5.6, so strange we got different numbers Felix. Can more people check this?

And side note, Felix are you counting items? Or slots? Tents are indifferent to slots :)

On more thing, I'm thinking the tent item numbers are based on the general loot pile size you can make, gonna check when I get a chance :)

- Whitey

Wait, so do weapons/packs take up the general item slots or are they separate? Because I could swear that mine had several less available slots when I put a rifle in. If so, how much do they take up?

From my experience there can be 10 weapons class item no matter size, 50 random items no matter size, haven't checked backpacks though

- Whitey

Kind of frustrating to try to get vehicles in this mod. For how unstable it is and the buggy nature of inventory management, the benefits of spending hours fixing a vehicle just for the server to crash is not very enticing. Need to either get rid of needing to fix tires, engine, and glass or really simplify it a bit more.

Proposal: Only requirement to get a car running Toolbox and Fuel. The amount of damage the car has sustained will determine how much time it will take for someone to fix it up. Remove the need to carry around tires, scrap metal, engine parts, windshield, etc. (exception being Jerry cans). I'd say use this as a temporary thing until the mod is much more stable to allow for elaborate parts hunting and vehicle repairing with out a worry of sever crashing before you get a chance to put it to use.

I have a question: today, after a server crash, we lost every single vehicle & tent on the server EU7.

Is there any way go get them back ?

@Tiri

I don't know about the vehicles, but I lost my tents a few times over the last few days and every time they return after a server restart or two

- Whitey

The tents can hold 50 items' date=' consistent over 5 different tents placed on EU 3, tested by three different people. And it is 1.5.6, so strange we got different numbers Felix. Can more people check this?

And side note, Felix are you counting items? Or slots? Tents are indifferent to slots :)

On more thing, I'm thinking the tent item numbers are based on the general loot pile size you can make, gonna check when I get a chance :)

- Whitey

[/quote']

That's probably it, I counted slots, and used the same batch of gear across tents on the 3 servers. Majority of items were single slots so the minor variations between them with the larger filler pieces could account for that.

Wish I hadn't gotten rid of that spreadsheet now.

Tried repairing a huey last night, repaired everything even if it was green, including hit missle 4 times.

The hull was yellow when we found it and 10+ scrap (on the hull alone gathered 20+) didn't get it to budge.

Our huey just kept eating scrap :(

I counted 90 inventory slots for the white pickup and took a screenshot of all the items inside while it is full for if you want to count yourself:

Full%20Pickup.png

I counted primary weapons as 10 slots each, engine parts as 4, jerry cans as 3 each etc, basically how many slots they take in your backpack/inventory.

I also found out that even when the vehicle is full, where usually an object would just drop on the floor behind it if I try to put it in, backpacks can still be put into the vehicle, even if there are items inside it.

However any items inside a backpack whether the car is full or not will be lost on server restart, so make sure to take everything out and put them in seperately if you want to keep the items.

Yeah, you did what I did as well, apparently slots don't matter, its total item count. So you're sitting at 50 normal items there as well.