Joe Freedom

Stupid decisions

After reading the latest blog update: Loading the wrong type of ammo into a magazine (ones that can fit anyway, loading a .45 into a stanag obiously wouldnt work, but say trying to load an AKM mag with 5.56 or stanag with with 7.62 would jam/break the gun.)

Except... Loading 5.56 into a 7.62 mag will do nothing really. Round will just sit in the chamber and not fire, need to be ejected.... and not possible to load a 7.62 round into a 5.56 magazine.

It would be a better idea to take out the firing pins or remove a key component to sabotage a weapon however; but that has been deemed too much work from the dev team. Not sure how they plan on implementing the cleaning system since they don't plan on being able to break down the weapons.

• Like 1

nice idea.... everthing should be possible to do at least and no generic "not possible" or "can't do" simply no feedback after all

This is the result of my decision to stab a tin can... while I was holding it.

IMGP9700.jpg

IMGP9697.jpg

• Like 2

Except... Loading 5.56 into a 7.62 mag will do nothing really. Round will just sit in the chamber and not fire, need to be ejected.... and not possible to load a 7.62 round into a 5.56 magazine.

That's would be the point, how many 'survivors' know the calibers of rounds for guns, if a bullet 'fits' in the mag and the mag fits in the gun they probably think alls good (and thats not getting into 'custom' guns, like a 9mm smg built on an AR15 receiver but I'm getting away from the point) till they try to fire it. Gun'll either jam, need to be cleared, or actually fire and possibly damage the weapon (you've just made your position known and now your weapon doesn't work, and a chance that your first and last shot missed wide)

Nother Suggestion for a 'stuipid decision', this goes more with changing how broken limbs work (actually needing to splint a leg rather than just injecting morphine and forgetting it ever happened). Say if you had a broken leg you splint your leg (wood and a bandage or two) so you can still hobble around, then use morphine so you can run again. If you just did morphine without splinting your leg, you could still run around on it but you'd do more damage to yourself (internal bleeding, fracturing your bone more, possibility of passing out) to the point where the injury worsens and you need someone to set your bones for you (leg breaks tot he point where morphine and splinting wont work at all))

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

i think this thread is highly undervalued.

This would give whole new opportunities. Not only stupid but wrong/bad decisions. How a bout you find a mobile and try to find batteries...well to bad there are no providers anymore, but you'll find out sooner or later.

I love the concept of allowing players to do some not so bright things.

Also i wonder if you can take an extra side arm with a few rounds in it and tamper with it so if fired it would injure the person firing it.

So if I'm killed or don't trust the other player- i will trade this gun for an item. The player thinks of using it on me and it ends up exploding or etc which injures the other player.

It would be a better idea to take out the firing pins or remove a key component to sabotage a weapon however; but that has been deemed too much work from the dev team. Not sure how they plan on implementing the cleaning system since they don't plan on being able to break down the weapons.

Maybe putting dirt in the chamber would work better.

I'd go for ability to craft IED's lol, what would be more fitting than eating a can of beans then using the empty can, a grenade and some fishing wire to make a booby trap :D

This is the result of my decision to stab a tin can... while I was holding it.

IMGP9700.jpg

IMGP9697.jpg

My beans for your pain.

I'd go for ability to craft IED's lol, what would be more fitting than eating a can of beans then using the empty can, a grenade and some fishing wire to make a booby trap :D
Sticking your new-fangled explosive device underneath (or inside) a popped zed.

Any intruders get sprayed with meaty, infected chunks.

Your bomb doesn't have to be lethal. You know the guy's going to regret bumping into you. :thumbsup:

• Like 1