DjBruta

Adding DayZ mod to PS3

Hello everyone,

I'd like to see DayZ in Playstation3, I think that would be awesome.

I think it would be awesome because, not everyone has good computers (for example me, :( ), PS3 has a remote controler and if we want we can buy a keyboard, but I think it is cooler to play with the PS3 controller.

And as I said alot of people don't have enough money to afford a good computer, like in my home country (portugal), not everyone has a good computer, in fact, alot of them don't even have a computer, because they choose to have a PS3 or an Xbox because it costs as much as a bad computer, or even less.

And an awesome game mod like DayZ would be awesome to have in PS3.

Thanks for reading, :)

• Like 4

Well Rocket said that if the standalone became successful and sold over a million copies, it would be natural to think of a console version. Rocket has worked for a console company before, I'm not sure if he recalls that time very fondly, but if DayZ is revealed to be a good earner, I don't think he'd think twice about having someone else work on a console release.

I think he even joked about releasing a TI-30 version or as a play sheet for percussion instruments. :)

They will, DayZ is the best mod ever. :lol:

guns, zombies, surviving, islands, boats, cars, cooperation, ..., I never saw something so awesome in my life.

You gotta remember the xbox and PS3 communities though. As far as my knowledge persists, the console community seems to generally prefer instant satisfaction, hence, all the 12 year olds 1 v 1ing each other in COD. Dayz is an immersive game, and requires a lot of time and effort to get through, and some people just want to drop*(fixed) on the couch and play. A console port would be great, but I'm not sure if the communities of the consoles are ready.

Edited by Lido

How would it work. If standalone controls are just 40% like the current ones the people using controllers won't be able to do anything fast enough.

You won't see it for PS3 or Xbox till PC's version is fully finished and they have over 1 million sales.

So your looking at maybe 1 year and half to 2 years from now....and even then there is a good chance it will not be as good as Pc's- the port might be what we saw of mincraft to consoles, features are lost or limited.

Plus add to it, if you have friends playing the Pc version, you will not be able to play with them using the console- most likely separate servers.

all i got is a laptop and when i run online games it lags... BAD!!! so i think it would be cool to have it for my ps3 or xbox360

• Like 1

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Some people have trouble running the game on good computers and have to settle for medium/high settings at best to get good fps what makes people think outdated shit like xbox360/PS3 could possibly run it without reducing it to minecraft graphics... not to mention the controls, on a controller you have hardly any buttons compared to keyboards and you can fix that by getting a keyboard for your console but then back to the performance/graphics issues.

Maybe next gen consoles will be able to run the game without looking like total shit with 15 fps but jesus christ good luck running arma 2 on a computer from 2006 let alone a console.

Dudes, you know, I said it in the first comment, and I'll say it again, you don't need to use a controller in PS3, if you want to you can buy a keyboard for PS3.

And btw, "Survivor" PS3 and Xbox aren't outdated, I have BF3 for PS3 and it runes PERFECTLY, I don't have any lag, and BF3 has awesome grafics.

If some people have lag playing DayZ in good computers like a macbook or an alienware pc thats probably because theyr internet is slow.

Actually guys, Bohemia Interactive actually made a console version of one of their early games, Operation Flashpoint: Elite for Xbox and it was quite well off. Controls were flawless and seems to act the same as ArMA 2.

It could be possible. Along with that, Rocket has mentioned that over a million sales for the DayZ: Standalone, it could be likely that we'd see it. They had also stated it would be "Stupid" If they didn't make a console port. Likely we'd see it in the PS Store and Xbox Arcade. These consoles right now are modern. ArMA 2 was released in 2008 while consoles were in 2005 or 2006 which gives them a 2-3 year difference. I'm sure it could run Arma just fine guys. :)

DayZ: Standalone is going to be optimized for better performance by trimming animations and removing some coding that isn't necessary along with a new engine of ArMA 2.5. Game will be suitable for consoles.

• Like 1

Putting DayZ on a ps3 would be extremely difficult, because the ps3 is absolutely terrible for multiplatform games.

I doubt consoles have enough power to run it, even an extremely raped version.

I very much doubt you will see DayZ on current gen consoles, I expect we will see it ported to PS4 and Xbox720 at some point though.

• Like 1

Yes. Let's take a game designed for pc specs, and layout, then move it to a limiting platform.

Genius.

It's a shame, I would like DayZ to excel in every medium. would be nice for people to get the recognition they deserve.

Way i see it if it does, it will be a success there too, meaning more time and effort on the Dayz world.

Hope that does not sound too Fan boyish!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

I hope it stays to the computers, a console will cost you £200 which is cheap but you can get a decent computer for £600 that can game, surf the web (don't bring up the Xbox's and ps3's excuse of a web), Steam, store media files, have several screens and after 5 or so years the PC won't be completely outdated. Then again I want to see how that Steam Box works.