Sign in to follow this  
Matteh

Tell me your stupidest death stories...

Walked into a branch about 30 meters from my base, server reset was in 30 minutes. Logged out. :( :lol:

Once upon a time i picked up a soda can, then i died instantly, no gun shots, no zombies, no blood loss i just died.

I guess that character had diabetes.(what is not funny in anyway when you got it in real-life)

Team death story from back in my bandit days:

It was Lingor island, and a kid that my team found really annoying was in. We decided we were going to trick and kill him by asking if he needed a heli pick-up, and then our door gunner would open fire on him. We approached his area and he said over direct communications "Thank you so much!" And we slowed down a bit and put way more m240 bullets into him than was required. He said in side channel "come on guys please pick me up" and gave us his location. We continued to kill him 2 or 3 times more, when on of us had a great idea. "Splatter him with the heli next time" so we had him give us our location, and we began flying fast and low. We saw his high hill, and sped up more. Turns out we were aiming a tad low, and the heli hit the hill BOUNCED OVER HIM and crashed on the coastline behind the hill. I was the ONLY survivor of the wreck, out of 4-5 of us. So many flies were hard on that day.

As he was running down the hill, he yelled over direct communications "OH MY GOD ARE YOU GUYS ALRIGHT?!!!??!?" Only to be met by 4-5 of my M4A1 CCO SD bullets.

• Like 1

Was typing "Hello" to a new player joining the server and flew my chopper straight into a tree :(

That was a very brave consideration haha.

• Like 1

Died because of a rabbit. I was trying to hunt the fast bastard and didnt see the bandit with the hatchet watching me from the bushes. He got me while I was checking where the rabbit had gone :/

Edited by Baron XP
  • Like 1

i was looting the northern barracks at nw airfield at night and shortly after exiting 2 people in direct chat told me not to move, drop my weapons and backpack and run off or they would kill me(what moron would do that?) laughing with eachother quite stupidly if i get to say so myself, so i decided to take my chances, and zigzagged to the industrial area while being shot at by 3 people with 2 m4 rifles and an rpk and not a single bullet hit me(my macho level was skyhigh at the moment), so i continued to run south east to the firestation, through it and circled around the control tower from the east(zombies on the west side that would have heard me on the tarmac), up the ladder while hoping they arent in a position to see me, into the tower and down the stairs to the front door and take up position, shortly after that the rpk guy(i think, didnt have nv goggles so had brightness settings at max wich made people look like a tan blob at distance) and one of the m4 guys walked in through the backdoor, i bursted(manual burst yes) half a mag with my m4a1 sd and dropped them both, and put on a modest grin irl(i dont attack other players often and when i am up against other players i usually lose so i felt a bit proud) but i wiped it off quickly since i still had one m4 guy left, so moved up into the tower, proned and checked around in 3rd person view for him and manged to see him crouching and leaning around the corner to the firestation from the north convinced i was there when i killed his buddies(i assume they didnt have a voice chat software to talk to eachother since it was obvious to the other 2 i wasnt in there), so i crouched out to the edge, of the corner with the ladder, leaned out, placed a bullet straight in his head, pressed c to get up, only i didnt press c to stand, i pressed v to do that ugly ass jump substitute vault thingy, so i got to watch my character suicide after my greatest pvp achievement in dayz, all because i didnt rebind the key like ive been thinking since the first time i vaulted instead of standing up, well, i still havent bound it to another key, but im still thinking about it. anyway, thats my stupidest death that wasnt glitch related.

close 2nd would be the 1st guy i met in dayz that i teamed up with, i had a makarov and he didnt have a thing so after 30min of not finding any weapons in civilian buildings we got to a barn and i saw i double barreled shotgun and told him to get it, the instant he had it readied he emptied it in my back an stole what little i had.

• Like 2

Was in Elektro in the church getting stuff when a Bambi came in and I told him to Gtfo otherwise I'd shoot him, he did and 10 seconds later a bandit comes in as im in the loot screen and tells me to drop my gun, I could've just shot him in the face but I decided for the purpose of RP I didn't and dropped them both, he then proceded to tell me he had friends (which he didn't) and shot me in the back of my head.

When I thought about it afterwards it would've been something I'd have done, even doing it to groups telling them I have friends and how would they know the difference?

Edited by HooWoo

i was looting the northern barracks at nw airfield at night and shortly after exiting 2 people in direct chat told me not to move, drop my weapons and backpack and run off or they would kill me(what moron would do that?) laughing with eachother quite stupidly if i get to say so myself, so i decided to take my chances, and zigzagged to the industrial area while being shot at by 3 people with 2 m4 rifles and an rpk and not a single bullet hit me(my macho level was skyhigh at the moment), so i continued to run south east to the firestation, through it and circled around the control tower from the east(zombies on the west side that would have heard me on the tarmac), up the ladder while hoping they arent in a position to see me, into the tower and down the stairs to the front door and take up position, shortly after that the rpk guy(i think, didnt have nv goggles so had brightness settings at max wich made people look like a tan blob at distance) and one of the m4 guys walked in through the backdoor, i bursted(manual burst yes) half a mag with my m4a1 sd and dropped them both, and put on a modest grin irl(i dont attack other players often and when i am up against other players i usually lose so i felt a bit proud) but i wiped it off quickly since i still had one m4 guy left, so moved up into the tower, proned and checked around in 3rd person view for him and manged to see him crouching and leaning around the corner to the firestation from the north convinced i was there when i killed his buddies(i assume they didnt have a voice chat software to talk to eachother since it was obvious to the other 2 i wasnt in there), so i crouched out to the edge, of the corner with the ladder, leaned out, placed a bullet straight in his head, pressed c to get up, only i didnt press c to stand, i pressed v to do that ugly ass jump substitute vault thingy, so i got to watch my character suicide after my greatest pvp achievement in dayz, all because i didnt rebind the key like ive been thinking since the first time i vaulted instead of standing up, well, i still havent bound it to another key, but im still thinking about it. anyway, thats my stupidest death that wasnt glitch related.

close 2nd would be the 1st guy i met in dayz that i teamed up with, i had a makarov and he didnt have a thing so after 30min of not finding any weapons in civilian buildings we got to a barn and i saw i double barreled shotgun and told him to get it, the instant he had it readied he emptied it in my back an stole what little i had.

Nice kills in the first place, shame how it ended though!

This one is easy

Stood at the top of a castle, tried to hit 'B' for my binoculars and instead hit 'V' to vault straight over the wall to my death

• Like 1

Eating some beans and a ass steals my DMR tell me to drop my g17 and didn't listen end of the story I got more beans from his body and ended up dieing from vaulting on a ledge but after found a AS-50 and a PDW with 3 mags my lucky day

Spilled a couple drops of mountain dew on the keyboard, lazy sunday night as I'm camped out on my water tower, waiting for my buddies to show up.

Cue me accidentally vaulting off the tower when I press my key just a little too hard, and the sounds of my kneecaps being force fed through my ass. Good times.

Fucking dew man, gets you every time.

• Like 1

This one is easy

Stood at the top of a castle, tried to hit 'B' for my binoculars and instead hit 'V' to vault straight over the wall to my death

Seems to bea trend starting here...

A couple of days ago I was in Dubrovka, and all of the sudden I hear a chopper above me. I asked the pilot for a lift and he told me to show my position. The chopper made all the zombies in the village to go wild and they aggroed on me. I ran from the zombies with my FAL equipped towards the landing chopper. I wasn't sure if he saw me or not so I decided to switch to my G17 to show him where I'm coming from with my flashlight turned on. Well, I tried switching weapons with a massive zombie horde behind me because I forgot that you have to stop to do it. The first zombie Mike Tyson'd me and then I got swarmed. I lost my 2 weeks old character because I forgot an easy to remember thing. I was just freaking mad at myself lol.

Edited by Nuubio

A couple of days ago I was in Dubrovka, and all of the sudden I hear a chopper above me. I asked the pilot for a lift and he told me to show my position. The chopper made all the zombies in the village to go wild and they aggroed on me. I ran from the zombies with my FAL equipped towards the landing chopper. I wasn't sure if he saw me or not so I decided to switch to my G17 to show him where I'm coming from with my flashlight turned on. Well, I tried switching weapons with a massive zombie horde behind me because I forgot that you have to stop to do it. The first zombie Mike Tyson'd me and then I got swarmed. I lost my 2 weeks old character because I forgot an easy to remember thing. I was just freaking mad at myself lol.

Yeah I hate not being able to switch weapons quickly :(

I was in the firestation tower at the NWAF on my 29 day guy with zombies coming up the stairs, at some point I must have pressed F because unbeknown to myself, I had equipped a grenade. I found out I equipped the grenade when I tried to shoot and my guy threw something. There was no escape.

• Like 1

Nice kills in the first place, shame how it ended though!

well its not the first time ive gotten killed cause i hit v to vault instead of c to stand up(but it is the only time ive done it in such a manner), and a few times ive died cause i pressed v instead of b while i had binoculars out, wich means you have to watch yourself put away binoculars, ready weapon, vault. holster weapon and take out binoculars again, i did that with a zombie smacking me around once, before i had gotten my binoculars out again after the longass animation i was unconscious and died shortly afterwards.

still havent bothered rebinding the vault key though :P

I was a newbie. Got lost in the mountains around Elektro. I found a ghillie armed with a big black rifle... I told him Friendly!!!

i was driving my hatchback through a city. stopped to loot a body. he had a map. so i picked it up. then i get shot in the back of the head with an L115. >:(

running up to a barn at night, and all the sudden my leg brakes??? guy with a guile suit shot me in the leg with a silenced weapon then runs up to me. I unload a clip into him and he doesn't flinch, hacker? then he bandages me as I ask him what the f he is doing and he tells me he is healing me and that he was not the one that shot me,shure. after he heals me he puts a silenced round into my head and game over for me.........

I was a newbie. Got lost in the mountains around Elektro. I found a ghillie armed with a big black rifle... I told him Friendly!!!

Did it work?

I am still quite currently a newbie, only my 3rd dayz. Anyway, yesterday I think I figured how best to succeed in this crazy world. Patience and stealth are your best friend. All day I was going from town to town looting away while being careful on approach and I ws doing very well. I was stocked up on food, drink and plenty of ammo along with what I think was a decent assault rifle with a scope(again quite new so sorry for the ignorance of weapon names and the such)

I was in my last town for the day before I was going to head for a near by forest and log off when I hear alot of commotion and the zeds were going crazy and next thing I know some crazy German guy comes into the house I was in and me being a nice guy I did not shoot him in the face. Well we were in a room upstairs when next thing I know he has brought a horde of zeds into the house and they are coming up the stairs which is the only way out. We both started to shoot and were clearing them up quite nicely when next thing something in my head clicked and i though I was Rambo, I go running to the top of the staircase and start shooting and then thats when i see easily 10 zeds that I could see next thing I am cornered somehow and dead within seconds.

I respawn and spent an hour and a half making my way back in pure frustration thinking well I could have to bodies to loot maybe, he would at least owe me that after he pretty much caused my death bar my moment of crazy. When I get there there is only one body and all he has left me was one box of painkillers. How he made it out of there I will never know but one thing i do know is never trust a crazy German and in hindsight I probably should have shot him in the face. But that would have made me a Bandit right?

• Like 1