Sign in to follow this  
Matteh

Tell me your stupidest death stories...

Buddy of mine was pretending he lost control of our Littlebird. Then his wireless mouse died while we were over water. Bottom of the ocean in ten seconds flat. I'm told you could see the fireball from the beach.

Haha, the exact reason I will never use wireless computer equipment.

• Like 1

I was sniped by a door in Mogi.

Opened the door onto myself, broke my leg and was bleeding. That shouldn't have been a problem as I had bandages and morphine, but I was locked in a weird 'going backwards loop' and couldn't control my character. Logged out and back in, but spooked a couple zeds. Couldn't bandage and defend, woke all of Mogi up with my shotgun, accidentally threw a smoke grenade. After expending lots of ammo, got myself bandaged up and was totally messed up with a blinking blood meter.

All because of opening that stupid door on myself...

• Like 1

Ejecting from a heli not far enough for a parachute, but far enough to break all bones and die.

• Like 2

I was sniped by a door in Mogi.

Opened the door onto myself, broke my leg and was bleeding. That shouldn't have been a problem as I had bandages and morphine, but I was locked in a weird 'going backwards loop' and couldn't control my character. Logged out and back in, but spooked a couple zeds. Couldn't bandage and defend, woke all of Mogi up with my shotgun, accidentally threw a smoke grenade. After expending lots of ammo, got myself bandaged up and was totally messed up with a blinking blood meter.

All because of opening that stupid door on myself...

Doors; a bigger threat than the zombie apocalypse? Perhaps...

Ejecting from a heli not far enough for a parachute, but far enough to break all bones and die.

Haha damn that is unfortunate

i just killed myself with my own frag grenade in a firestation in NW airfield after aggroing half of the airfield.

i threw it at the zombies and decided to hide at the upper level, apparently the explosion kills eventhough it doesnt destroy the ceiling/floor

• Like 1

I tried entering a building near the "airstrip" spawn point on a hill. Well, the doorway was slightly elevated so I tried vaulting to get in. Needless to say, I broke my leg, fell unconcious and got eaten by zombies.

Edited by Nuubio
  • Like 1

i just killed myself with my own frag grenade in a firestation in NW airfield after aggroing half of the airfield.

i threw it at the zombies and decided to hide at the upper level, apparently the explosion kills eventhough it doesnt destroy the ceiling/floor

Ahh the old blowback...

I was trying to loot a military camp when i couldn't find any loot i decided to look in a watch tower or something like that. And it bugged out and i fell down and broke my leg and i didn't have any morfin. A random player decides to shoot me... To put me out of my misery.

I gave a "friendly" player, with no gear, a soda, some food, and an axe...the rest is history. Funniest thing is, I neglected to see his character's name, so will probably get killed again by somebody with another hard-luck story ;(

All geared up with everything i could possibly want. I stood king of doors knowing that breaking my legs would mean that I must take one of my 8 doses of morphine, but no my friend, the doors had something else in plan. I stayed behind the closed door confident I would win the battle. I clicked "open door". The door flug around killing me instantly. Not even breaking my legs. Oh doors why must you be so merciless. :(

• Like 3

All geared up with everything i could possibly want. I stood king of doors knowing that breaking my legs would mean that I must take one of my 8 doses of morphine, but no my friend, the doors had something else in plan. I stayed behind the closed door confident I would win the battle. I clicked "open door". The door flug around killing me instantly. Not even breaking my legs. Oh doors why must you be so merciless. :(

I think that is the first I have heard of someone challenging a door glitch on purpose, you dear sir are a brave man.

As the title says share your stupidest mistakes that lead to your untimely demise whether it be in combat or something like just accidentally ejecting out of your vehicle.

For example;

My non-combat story would be when I was on top of Elektro hospital and was trying to protect my friends dead body on the floor from any looters and I tried to get up on the small ledge so slowly walked towards it, I accidentally must have clicked 'w' twice and sprinted over the edge to my death.

Or my combat story which happened yesterday I had just left our camp on my way to stary sobor, trying to take care on my journey as I had been ambushed in these fields just a few days earlier, checking left and right I see something in a field, walk out of the cover I was in and thought 'that looks an awful lot like a guy in a ghillie suit crouching in a field', it was, and I was exposed, then before I knew it I was dead!

So there are mine, please go ahead and share yours :)

Matteh

Drove a fully loaded Offroad onto NW airfield in the middle of the night in order to find tires. 2nd playthrough so I didn't know that perils of such an action.
  • Like 1

Drove a fully loaded Offroad onto NW airfield in the middle of the night in order to find tires. 2nd playthrough so I didn't know that perils of such an action.

It's a learning curve ;)

I was riding in a helicopter with my friend, and instead of clicking "Rear gunner" I accidentally hit eject, and I fell down without a parachute.

• Like 2

I was riding in a helicopter with my friend, and instead of clicking "Rear gunner" I accidentally hit eject, and I fell down without a parachute.

Haha yeah similar things have happened to me.

Hey, a lee enfield!

Aye, everyone makes that mistake at least once, but never again!

Glitches: Door

Just derp: Switched seats in a flying heli

Combat: Bum rushed 15 zombies with a crowbar. Got shot after killing them all.

• Like 2

Fell off a grain silo in Namalsk and had to crawl all the way to Old Hospital to find some morphine.

I made it there, and got shot with a crossbow before I could break the window.

THE RAGE. THE BLISTERING RAGE.

• Like 1

Me and my cousin were playing when well into our game we found a coyote backpack. In a rush to see who could get it first the backpack glitched and we both ended up with it on our backs. Soon after the backpack once again glitched, this time my cousins somehow became attached to my leg. As we tried to figure out what was going on I ran past my cousin and the backpack broke his legs killing him right after hitting the ground. In shock I tried to drop the backpack, but it broke my leg as I put it on the ground. After trying to crawl to the nearest hospital I was killed by a single zombie after running out of ammo and panicking to switch to my hatchet.

• Like 3

Heard a sniper taking shots at someone on a Taviana server, I made my way to the noise, it got closer and closer until it stopped and I saw a death message, he must have been a bad aim for it to take him that long to shoot a guy. Anyway by this time I had almost figured out his location he was near a warehouse in Martin, figured he would be somehwhere high for the vantage point a sniper usually uses.. So I spotted him up a tower, zombies were climbing up to him, lots of them.. I figured I'd wait until 1.. the zeds finished him off, or 2.. he dispatched of the zeds and would start to make his way down.

He didn't budge, that was his perch, he cleared the zeds and I moved to a position where I could get a good clear shot.. he must have spotted me and began raining bullets my way, cracking and popping near me I knew I had to find cover so ran behind a wall.. he attracted more zeds from his fire so I sat behind the wall a little while, I heard him start to shoot the zeds climbing up to him so I popped out.. waited for the perfect time to shoot and bam.. one bullet from my FAL sent him to his death.

Now onto the fail part, I wanted his gun, I really wanted it so I just had to go fetch it from his body... there were still zeds up there feeding on his corpse and a couple just standing there waving there arms about so I took the choice to just go up there and fight them off with my silenced m9. I start to climb the tower ladder and reach the top, the zeds are hitting me and I'm shooting them fast as I can then suddenely.. one seemingly knock me through the barrier around the top of the tower and I fell to my death. Suffice to say I was pissed.. I respawned 12k away from my body and the server was warning a restart in 10 minutes I had no chance to make it that far.

Moral of the story is never go after a dead guy who is on a tower surrounded by the undead, it wont end well.

• Like 2

Heard a sniper taking shots at someone on a Taviana server, I made my way to the noise, it got closer and closer until it stopped and I saw a death message, he must have been a bad aim for it to take him that long to shoot a guy. Anyway by this time I had almost figured out his location he was near a warehouse in Martin, figured he would be somehwhere high for the vantage point a sniper usually uses.. So I spotted him up a tower, zombies were climbing up to him, lots of them.. I figured I'd wait until 1.. the zeds finished him off, or 2.. he dispatched of the zeds and would start to make his way down.

He didn't budge, that was his perch, he cleared the zeds and I moved to a position where I could get a good clear shot.. he must have spotted me and began raining bullets my way, cracking and popping near me I knew I had to find cover so ran behind a wall.. he attracted more zeds from his fire so I sat behind the wall a little while, I heard him start to shoot the zeds climbing up to him so I popped out.. waited for the perfect time to shoot and bam.. one bullet from my FAL sent him to his death.

Now onto the fail part, I wanted his gun, I really wanted it so I just had to go fetch it from his body... there were still zeds up there feeding on his corpse and a couple just standing there waving there arms about so I took the choice to just go up there and fight them off with my silenced m9. I start to climb the tower ladder and reach the top, the zeds are hitting me and I'm shooting them fast as I can then suddenely.. one seemingly knock me through the barrier around the top of the tower and I fell to my death. Suffice to say I was pissed.. I respawned 12k away from my body and the server was warning a restart in 10 minutes I had no chance to make it that far.

Moral of the story is never go after a dead guy who is on a tower surrounded by the undead, it wont end well.

I think just going high is a silly idea especially on a tower, for one you have no cover whatsoever and secondly the point of being a sniper is to take a shot then move!

As soon as I enter any area I check the high points because of snipers, I have flanked a few and got myself a nice DMR or AS50 just because people are too stupid to play a sniper role properly!

• Like 1

My own autobus killed me when i lost conection and came back, he crashed my body against the ground. I had all the stuff that anyone could like with me and I was living since i played last time months ago, when you could save your items in the camping tents and they respawned with each single respawn. Now I lost all, the stuff that i was carrying with me last time i disconnected dissapeared with the server with the bus that crashed my body in a bug.

Edited by delfin5