Sign in to follow this  
ZackInGame

Does this always kill choppers?

So I finally achieved my DayZ life goal: landing on the Cherno hotel with a sniper. Everything went fine until the server restarted. Logging back in, it had exploded. Does anyone know what happened? Is it explainable?

i don't know, i've already seen choppers on buildings..but never heard of this. i heard though about vehicles saved some meter away from where you placed them, so maybe it was saved inside the walls or some shit like that and it exploded

Depends on the buildings but i can't tell you what buildings are ok and what are not, Heli sits fine but on restart it's a wreck and you're trapped on a roof

The solution is not to camp :)

I guess someone shot a makarov round at it.

I heard that always kills choppers.

• Like 2

I guess someone shot a makarov round at it.

I heard that always kills choppers.

Are we still holding on to that?

• Like 2

I'm holding on to that until I saw the video!

ontopic: I saw alot of strange things happen after serverrestarts, like exploding or just disappearing cars, players swimming in the ground etc., alpha mod problems

ontopic: I saw alot of strange things happen after serverrestarts, like exploding or just disappearing cars, players swimming in the ground etc., alpha mod problems

A heli spawned on me and killed me once

• Like 1

ArmA physics sometimes get physical.

Sometimes a vehicle/aircraft wont settle on a building and will continue to collide until it has taken too much damage.

Would it be safe to say Helicopters are Like Diamonds in this game?

I've never had one as I cannot fly (yet) I only hope the SA uses the flight method as in toh, that will shock a few players.

Roll on the videos

Yeah never flown a heli, seen a few but they needed repairing and I got shot before they were ready for take off

Someone might have seen you land on the hotel roof and decided to wreck your day with satchel charges.

I saw the video. He didn't shoot the helicopter, but he managed to get a headshot on the driver and it crashed.

Been there, done that. I've left my chopper on a building once, and it exploded after the restart. There were nobody around to shoot it, it was on one of the distant islands in Taviana.

I blame the engine, but I can't remember it happening in earlier DayZ versions.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Depends on the buildings but i can't tell you what buildings are ok and what are not, Heli sits fine but on restart it's a wreck and you're trapped on a roof

The solution is not to camp :)

One time thing with a bandit friend. Still fun. :)

Ironically, it ended with a bandit with a Huey finding us, picking us up, and then trying to nosedive with us inside. My friend died, I ejected in time. Jog back to corpse, no harm done.

My friends and I once landed a Huey on the roof of the International Hotel after a long night of refueling and looking for the final piece of windscreen glass. Littlepip's reasoning was the only place you see the chopper from was the top of Cherno hill. The very same place where people camp with high powered sniper rifles, looking to ruin somebody's day. I wasn't very surprised with what I came back to the next day.

Also, the guy below me knows what he's talking about.

Edited by Velvet Remedy

You can't park helicopters on places unaccessible by other players. It will destroy them every server reset.

You can't park helicopters on places unaccessible by other players. It will destroy them every server reset.

Really? You're sure?

Edit: it makes sense. Say you get up there and die, now nobody can get it.

Edited by ZackInGame

When was it introduced? I've missed it somehow, or don't remember reading it in the changelog. Also, mine was actually accessible, it was a castle roof IIRC.

Really? You're sure?

Yes. We did it on our server. Any place that a survivor cannot access from the ground is off limits on server reset. The servers destroy them so that a helicopter just doesn't get stuck up there forever.