gingermonkey

Should I wait to break my DayZ virginity

Hi all,

After being worn down by War Z I decided to embrace Day Z instead.

I have downloaded Arma Free and have started messing around with it to get the "Feel" for the crazy controls with the intention on paying up and getting Arrowhead and Dayz. when I'm happy.

The question is :

Should I wait for the standalone version to come out? Or do you think it could be some months before release?

Thanks In Advance All :D

We really don't know when the standalone will be released. All I know is that it won't be for at least a few weeks because closed testing hasn't started yet.

You can play DayZ with ArmA 2: Free and the paid version of Operation Arrowhead. If you're happy to buy OA knowing that the standalone could come out in about a month then go ahead, otherwise just wait.

Welcome to the forums.

Whether or not you end up buying ARMA 2 to try out the free DayZ mod, you should keep in mind that you'll have to buy the DayZ standalone when it's released. And it will not be a finished game when it's out. Everybody here knows this, and Rocket has been very open about the fact.

• Like 1

You hadnt heard? Standalone was pushed back til 2014. Everyones upset, but Rocket had a stroke of genius. DayZ is now going to be a game, ABOUT A GAME of Zombie survival. He needs the extra time to do it right.

Just Kiding, The SA will be out when its out, your decision but its not expensive, so why not?

You hadnt heard? Standalone was pushed back til 2014. Everyones upset, but Rocket had a stroke of genius. DayZ is now going to be a game, ABOUT A GAME of Zombie survival. He needs the extra time to do it right.

Just Kiding, The SA will be out when its out, your decision but its not expensive, so why not?

LOL

Whatever happens it can't be War Z.

That was a game about a thief making a game which was a copy of someones elses game about bandits......I think.

I think I'll sit back and wait.

I can get amusement in the meantime from this forum. :D

Get it out, The standalone won't be out for atleast another 14 days

As long as it's out in the next month or two I am happy to wait.

I think it will be worth it.

I can't be certain but if you have to ask yourself then your secretly want it, GET IT NOW!!!! The memories you will make will be worth it

I can't be certain but if you have to ask yourself then your secretly want it, GET IT NOW!!!! The memories you will make will be worth it

For some strange reason I feel the desire to buy this and then buy it again. What has gotten hold of me. I can't resist.

Yes, buy Arma 2 Combined Operations. I was gonna wait myself, but to eager and I'm glad I did.. :)

Arma2 itself is a great game too. I've really enjoyed playing the Wasteland game mode(requires OA), it's like DayZ without zombies but with factions and base building. It's PVP focused so it's a really different experience than DayZ. It's one of many great mods/gamemodes/missions for Arma2.

You won't get anything except DayZ when you buy standalone.

Arma II and OA are great games on their own with other free mods that are fun as well, so just that is worth buying it.

Another thing to note too is that when SA does come out, the Dayz mod, or just DayZ at the moment, will still be active and supported, so if SA is a rough release you'd still have DayZ mod to fall back on until it gets sorted out. That plus the fact that SA won't have any of the other maps, so if you ever wanted to play on those, DayZ mod is your only option for to play on those, at least in the short to midterm.

I'm gonna say it in a way which I do not intend to be offensive, GET LAID! Lose that virginity now. DayZ is the greatest, even when standalone comes out you still have ARMA 2 and OA, so it doesnt really matter cause you are paying for them.

Arma II has some other AWESOME mods too, not just DayZ. So don't think you are buying it and only getting DayZ. Look up Wasteland mod on YouTube.

Edited by BeastOverlord

Yea man, buy it, and maybe if you've got some little extra, I would buy the Private Military DLC, it really makes those skins *sparkle*.

Seriously though, you can play the game without the DLC, it'll just make the textures feel a bit off compared to some youtube videos you may have seen.

Oh, but if you wanna test it concurrently without springing the money, see if the game is your type, I would recommend Dynamic Zombie Survival. It's basically dayz, but less immersible Many of the servers are probably going down though, with dayz essentially taking over lol.

I'm in the same boat as you VB. I wanted to check out DayZ after getting tired of the other. I was able to get arma2 and arma OA for 17 bucks at gamersgate.com I gotta tell ya, this mod is awesome, it's so much more fun. I cannot wait for the standalone.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Just in case you are still considering... The first time hurts. It's a harsh game.

Agreed, you will die, a lot. But it's still very entertaining :)

Agreed, you will die, a lot. But it's still very entertaining :)

And you will continue to die a lot for a very long time. I love it though. I actually think some of the best parts of the game are when you first start a new character. On my current main one, I have M107, M240, M9SD, NVGS, too many tents, and more than one vehicle. And you know what? Having all of those guns is overrated. I sometimes I go onto other servers just so I can start a new character and play it again. New characters are just so fresh and fun. Every piece of gear you find feels like the best thing ever.

You waaaaant it. You neeeeeeeed it. DayZ must be your pleeeaaaasssuuuureee! (is it working?)

Anyways, if you decide to get it now then the first week will be the best feeling you'll ever get from any game, and I can assure you that.

DayZ is an open world survival horror video game mod for the 2009 computer game ARMA II and its 2010 expansion pack, ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. It has been widely praised in the game media for its innovative design elements, with Kotaku and Eurogamer describing it as possibly the best zombie game ever made, and PCGamer saying it was one of the most important things to happen to PC Gaming in 2012. The mod was responsible for putting the three year old game into the top seller charts on Steam for over seven weeks, spending much of this time the top selling game, and is responsible for over 300,000 unit sales within two months of its release...." This is what DayZ is about. whats the diff between SA and the original Mod?

From what I understand the SA will be almost a different game in some respects. New UI etc.

I've been playing the Mod for less than two months and I've had a lot of fun so far, there's always a different and usually memorable experience each time I play.

Personally, I'd recommend it. Bosh.

gawd my first time was at a friends house he didnt even know we where doing it and he came in to me screaming.....dont take that out of conte-im to late aren't I?