Sign in to follow this  
tals975

Poll: Do you think, ones the SA is out, there will be and pros for playing A2 DayZ?

Do you think, ones the SA is out, there will be any upside for playing on Arma 2's DayZ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Any upsides?

• Yeah, of course, plenty! No one will play DayZmod.
    • No, DayZmod will be much more simple and won't be as complicated as the SA.
    • Maybe, I don't know, it's different.
    • Yeah, but DayZmod will still be somewhat fun.
    • No, but the SA will still be somewhat fun.

At least for the first few months DayZmod will have more content... so I feel that some people will enjoy that more.

Aside from occasionally checking out new maps, I doubt I will continue playing the mod.

• Like 1

Here's how I see it, personally I'll stop playing the mod for obvious reasons (scripting scum bags), bring on the stand alone DayZ so I can witness the tidal wave of tears as people start getting VAC banned and loose all of their steams games forever, because they got caught, you could almost call this an added feature.

• Like 5

Here's how I see it, personally I'll stop playing the mod for obvious reasons (scripting scum bags), bring on the stand alone DayZ so I can witness the tidal wave of tears as people start getting VAC banned and loose all of their steams games forever, because they got caught, you could almost call this an added feature.

That's really true! Scripting kiddies will just disappear after such a long time...

Im not sure, but I would really like to hope that all the current and new maps that are on DayZmod will be on the SA. Along with Chernarus+!

Day Z SA wont support private hives from the off. Chances are it will only launch with official servers too. Finally and more importantly, there will only be ONE map for stand alone.

I would imagine Stand alone it will be very similar to the Mod right now, with more features being added over time. I think people are expecting too much of it and seem to think it will be launched with everything Rocket said he would LIKE to have in the game eventually. The mod will will probably remain popular as it is more of a testing ground, with many different strains exploring different maps, features and expansions. I know I'll certainly remain laying it - i'm still loving the mod and in no hurry for the stand alone!

That's a common misconception. VAC bans only apply to the game the cheat was detected in (aside from a few exceptions), although the steam account will be marked with "ban(s) on record"

Day Z SA wont support private hives from the off. Chances are it will only launch with official servers too. Finally and more importantly, there will only be ONE map for stand alone.

I would imagine Stand alone it will be very similar to the Mod right now, with more features being added over time. I think people are expecting too much of it and seem to think it will be launched with everything Rocket said he would LIKE to have in the game eventually. The mod will will probably remain popular as it is more of a testing ground, with many different strains exploring different maps, features and expansions. I know I'll certainly remain laying it - i'm still loving the mod and in no hurry for the stand alone!

Yes, but the SA will have Chernarus+, that is a bigger and better cherno, where all buildings are enterable, with better graphics and better mechanics.

Also, they will most likely have private hives from the start. Reason? Basically EVERY server-renting company has told me that they are working on an easy trans from the mod to the SA.

Upside of the mod: mods of the mod like DayZ2017, community maps, and private hives. We'll have to wait and see what the SA brings to the table before assuming the mod will ever die but based on what I've seen and read I think the mod will live on as an entirely different game of the same genre and we'll have to great games to play rather than just one.

I'm not a fan of R4Z0R49's direction with the DayZ mod, so I probably won't be using the dayzmod unless he really pulls something cool out.

when the SA will be down for manteinances or temporarly broken by some patch(like the mod), there will be someone playing on the mod..it's possible that a huge number of admins will switch to sa servers so i don't know how many will stay on dazmod. stable as it is now it's a solid content, but all the community is now based on the waiting for the SA..

When the SA comes out there will be a lot of reasons to continue to play DayZ mod.

Look at the variety of game play you can have with the mod as it is, the SA will be limited to map and content upon release. With a whole range of maps available for the mod there will be lots to look forward to. I find having servers with 50+ vehicles a great way to play as it offers less competition for vehicles in the SA. SA devs stated vehicles will be phase 2 of development for the SA, Although vehicles will end up being better (Mad Max style?!) we can still enjoy the mod for availabiliy.

As most people will play Chernarus + in the SA, some players like the variety of maps available, take Lingor, and taviana, they are great maps and offer different ways of playing. Only having one map is limiting and as it is practically the same but with more enterable buildings and a few new places, bordom may set in. on the plus side there will be more maps for the SA and they will be officially released maps so less likely to be buggy and unplayable (I hope)

If it wasn't for the Hacking and the engine limitations in the Mod, there would be no need for the SA IMO. It is being supported by the community also which means more mix and matching for more variety of play. Look at servers available, there are lots of different ones for different types of players, which is good.

I think the Mod will have lots more to offer after SA release, and hopefully some details will cross over to the SA, particularly details that work and have player acceptance. I hope ideas can be bounced off each one to give us the players more choice.

I often wonder about the poor souls who only own the SA, they will be missing out on a rich history and some great maps (Until new maps are introduced into the SA)

It would be a shame to let it go to waste. With primary attention on the SA the mod may go in directions players feel the SA lacks and be more experimental.

Either way it is early days yet, we will have to wait and see.

• Like 2

The 3 main reasons why i would play SA instead of mod. Better Controls, FPS and inventory system

The 3 main reasons why i would play SA instead of mod. Better Controls, FPS and inventory system

Erm, hate to break this one to you son, but the controls are going to be relatively the same in the SA

I hate to break it to anyone, We know nothing yet for sure.

Lets wait and see eh?

This is from the November update...

"The controls have been completely rethought, using inspiration and design lessons from games such as Minecraft to make the player more engaged with their environment"

Edited by Mastho
  • Like 1

This is from the November update...

"The controls have been completely rethought, using inspiration and design lessons from games such as Minecraft to make the player more engaged with their environment"

Lets just hope its not minor changes, that would be silly. Completely redone sounds promising but who knows.

Lets just hope its not minor changes, that would be silly. Completely redone sounds promising but who knows.

Yeah because the controls in the mod isent really immersive and responsive enough for a simulator.. :/

Fun fact! Getting VAC banned doesn't ban you from every game you have, even if they have VAC servers.

(Because I've been suffering from a false-positive for a good two years now, which is limited to Source games, but not Portal/Left 4 Dead/some other games.)

Fun fact! Getting VAC banned doesn't ban you from every game you have, even if they have VAC servers.

(Because I've been suffering from a false-positive for a good two years now, which is limited to Source games, but not Portal/Left 4 Dead/some other games.)

Still they wont really be able to use cheats as effectively as they would like to. Or at all.

Still they wont really be able to use cheats as effectively as they would like to. Or at all.

True. Now, if only VAC bans were instant..

Let's not change it to a VAC debate. :3

Edit; Welp, I was still sleepy when writing that. Thought this was another topic.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

True. Now, if only VAC bans were instant..

But this is a topic for Stalker, let's not change it to a VAC debate. :3

True.

How do you think sickness will work in the SA?

It's kinda dodgy on the mod, and antibiotics are just so damn rare.

True.

How do you think sickness will work in the SA?

It's kinda dodgy on the mod, and antibiotics are just so damn rare.

Based on what Rocket has said about the sickness, it'll work great.

And quite frankly, the spawn-rates in the mod are not really related nor final for the Standalone.

Depends on the people hosting the servers.

• Like 1