niallgeorge@hotmail.com

Hate to rage quit but...

Dear Rocket, i have a small story about my dayz experiences.

OK, so im bored on a tuesday its rainy, i feel like playing dayz "yeah that's a good idea cause it was all gone to shit because of all the hacks for ages and now its kinda cool again". jumped on was running around meet up with some random who didnt kill me YAY. sitting on the hill south of elektro find a tent ohh the goodies akm, ak74 etc. 2 seconds after this we hear a helicopter, now because im good natured and not a complete pussy i didn't log out cause hey there's been less and less hackers for ages now. so we watched the heli dart into city center (really bad pilot btw) then lift off again and come straight for us, now i'm thinking fuck'n hackers... fuck you dayz!!.

I really don't see how people still wanna play your game all this hacking has completely marred my whole experience of the game. even when/if standalone comes out i will still think "hey fuck was that player cheating". i don't wanna have to think that but now its all dayz is, ohh man was running along then this guy teleported to me. I was running along and got hacked in the legs by an invisible player. Yeah this helicopter came down with like 4 dudes with gillie suits it was so awesome. But this is the dayz experience now and because of it i will never fully be able to get back into such an awesome game. and you gotta ask.. you really thought with your engine that you could stop the hacks?. seems like the hackers know more about it than you guys do.

Why are you still playing on public servers if you hate hackers? On private servers I haven't seen a hacker on this game for 4 months...

• Like 7

In the almost year I've been playing DayZ, I have only experienced hackers twice, 3 times at most and only 1 of those times they killed everyone on the server, the other gave everyone a debug menu and the other just kept spawning vehicles in Elektro.

But yes, what everyone else has said, join a private hive.

• Like 1

Yep, we've all been there but is this any reason to quit and take a pop at the Devs?

Hacking was/is a major problem in the Public Hives and Rocket has acknowledged this - hence the lock down of things in the SA.

The advice is simple, play on private, preferably whitelisted servers and your hacking problems should go away......unless, armed with an axe, i see you in game.

• Like 3

You're understood by the majority of the community here mintme. I'll be happy to inform you on behalf of this fantastic game, Your frustration of the legitimacy of player actions will be dealt with in the standalone product (the new DayZ)

The engine itself has major improvements that i cannot personally explain, but will improve the security tremendously

Hacking will not be gone completely but the only type of hacking will be "Speed hacks" and possibly aim bots..

but they will be far, far less common in context to the mod, you will almost never in counter them.

Edited by Ovation

im starting to get pissed reading all these comments from people saying "hurrr join a private hive!" NO! I shouldnt have to run and hide behind a whitelisted server just to enjoy this fucking game. Public servers should be JUST as fun for players as a private hive. I agree Dayz has gone downhill because everyone wants to be a fucking hacksfag and ruin the fun for everyone. GTFO hackers!

SEARCH This Topic

Rage all you want it is not going to STOP :(

Edited by Conkykillz
  • Like 1

What is needed here is an education into the mods security/design, you will understand more in doing so.

Edited by Ovation

This is one of the biggest concerns for the devs, that's the idea of making DayZ a standalone game, so they can bold all the details and try harder to avoid any bugs or problems like hacking or scripting in-game.

• Like 1

im starting to get pissed reading all these comments from people saying "hurrr join a private hive!" NO! I shouldnt have to run and hide behind a whitelisted server just to enjoy this fucking game. Public servers should be JUST as fun for players as a private hive. I agree Dayz has gone downhill because everyone wants to be a fucking hacksfag and ruin the fun for everyone. GTFO hackers!

I want you to stop playing this game now, sorry, but I dont like people like you.

Sincerly, Mishka.

ps.

and you gotta ask.. you really thought with your engine that you could stop the hacks?. seems like the hackers know more about it than you guys do.

You go do it better then.

Edited by MishkaFlow
  • Like 5

Why? If everyone was on private whitelisted hives, then there would be no hackers. There's your solution. Telling them to go away doesn't help.

• Like 2

Is it actually a DayZ problem, or is hack-proofing beyond what the devs are capable of due to it being part of the actual ArmA engine?

Is it actually a DayZ problem, or is hack-proofing beyond what the devs are capable of due to it being part of the actual ArmA engine?

Actual Arma engine, because the engine works with scripts. There has always been hackers in Arma, but many just didnt "enjoy" doing it on like normal Arma matches, so when DayZ came out, every kid that had cheat engine started hacking

Well then there's your choice you either join a private hive or keep joining public servers with hackers and tell them to GTFO.

I am sure they will listen to you.

They have announced a better security system for the SA.

The best you can do right now is to, as I said join a private hive. Simple.

• Like 1

Why are you still playing on public servers if you hate hackers? On private servers I haven't seen a hacker on this game for 4 months...

Yeah just don't go on public hives.

last time i was on a public hive the entire server was teleported on an island except it wasnt the usual hacker slaughters us or the server kills each other on the island, the hacker turned out to be nice and gave everyone an apache then the hacker started playing get to the chopper over his mic....then everyone took a chopper and started flying back to the main land.

And thats the story i have told that nobody asked for.

I want you to stop playing this game now, sorry, but I dont like people like you.

Sincerly, Mishka.

ps.

You go do it better then.

Quit being a fanboy please, you're kind of a douche

Quit being a fanboy please, you're kind of a douche

He's not being a fanboy, he's being realistic - do you even know what a fanboy is?

Why would you tell someone to avoid private servers if they are one of the only ways to have a hack free experience?

The guy made a retarded post, someone pointed out it was retarded, just as I'm doing with this one - it's a forum, it should be expected.

• Like 2

Hello there

To be completely honest I wouldn't imagine the SA to be100pc hackfree either.

There has to be a combination of things to help players enjoy a "hackfree" experience. From the robustness of the game engine to properly administered servers.

Arma's mdability, whilst superb, did enable SK's to have a bit of a field day, this was mainly quashed by private servers.

With dayz popularity, you can bet your bottom dollar that some scum sucking bottom feeding pond dweller of a pencil necked geek will code up some twatty grief tool for his edification and will release it to his pathetic cloying leet acolytes.

Which will be a pain, but we'll deal with it like we dealt with the scripters.

Just don't expect the devs to solve all the worlds problems with the SA.

Rgds

LoK

If youre not going to listen to the advice given to you by players who play this game without any hacker frustrations then you deserve your fate. While you're sitting here whining and playing on public servers getting killed by hackers the rest of us are 'running and hiding' behind private white listed servers having a grand ole time.

Edited by Mr Nasty
  • Like 1

I don't know just how much gaming experience everyone has but DayZ does not even come close to being the most hacked game I've played, America's Army, CS and CSS were much worse. Battlefield 2 got quite bad as well.

I quit BF3 due to the hax0rz. I can still play hakfree though.

Edited by orlok

Relax relax! Stand Alone is coming out. If you're playing on a public server, you are just asking to get script killed.

Seems that it doesn't matter what server I play on... hackers are everywhere!

Sometimes it's amusing in its own way though, I'll admit that. The other day I was turned into a rabbit. :P

If youre not going to listen to the advice given to you by players who play this game without any hacker frustrations then you deserve your fate. While you're sitting here whining and playing on public servers getting killed by hackers the rest of us are 'running and hiding' behind private white listed servers having a grand ole time.

this

its a mod.....a free one at that...... Now if this were the case with the SA i would say you have a point, but simply putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalala" isnt hiding the fact you are a douche, just because you believe a FREE mod based on an engine that is easily exploitable should be hacker free doesnt mean you are right, in fact you couldn't be more wrong!

I don't see why it is any different/that hard to play on a private hive.....? This mod is not receiving active moderation/attention because they are working on the SA. Get your head out of your ass and wake up and smell the coffee.