eclipse0414

Is the Ghillie Suit Worth It?

Hi I am on the hunt to find a ghillie suit because of its rarity and coolness but the problem is, people. People assume all ghillies are bandits which is common and that people will think you have good gear even though I found one with a crossbow with one bolt and a makarov. When/if I find it, should I trade it or wear it?

Depends how much sniping you do. I think they're next to invaluable if you do any serious sniping. They make you virtually invisible if you use cover properly and don't aggro zeds when you shoot.

• Like 1

If I'm not sniping, I enjoy the camo clothes better. You still blend it, but don't look like a bandit.

Beware Every time you wear it your testicles retract just a little bit.

If you're afraid of people thinking you're a bandit, just keep your civilian clothing and wear it in urban areas and other locations where a ghillie suit wouldn't help much anyway.

Just wear it. Everyone already assumes you're a bandit anyway.

exactly !!! just wear it, people will KoS you anyways..

its whats DayZ is left with for "gameplay" these days sadly..

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

They only help (a little) whilst you're not moving and in a tree/bush.

Remember there are no plants rendered @200m, so don't lie on the ground thinking you're invisible.

The biggest bonus is that your alice/coyote pack is hidden.

• Like 1

if you are a bush hermit living in the north, you are safer..if you need a hospital that would be a problem. keep the civilian clothing with you for these occasions. obviously if you die suddenly, they could make a really good find..

Wear it if you want to without fear of being labeled a "bandit," since everyone in DayZ shoots on sight anyway.

But IMO it will be of very little benefit to you. If you hide well enough while sniping you probably won't need one, plus, if you have/find one, you can trade it for lots of (probably more useful) stuff.

Edited by Catalyzr

It depend on your way to play. If you are a lonesome guy you should keep the survivor outfit because you are pretty much discovered in a second if you enter in a city.

Coastal Cuties with shit pc's make people with ghillies stick out like a sore thumb. Expect them to scream 'bandit' over the side channel. Like what everyone has been saying, camo clothing for cities, ghilli for anywhere else (excludes snow covered areas). Good luck on finding some ghilli!

It doesn't matter whether you look like a bandit or a survivor, 9 out of 10 people will shoot you either way.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I did find one and hope to use it when I head up north again (just lost my M4A3 CCO by someone with AS50). The camo suit does have that bullet proof vest right?

Thanks guys! I did find one and hope to use it when I head up north again (just lost my M4A3 CCO by someone with AS50). The camo suit does have that bullet proof vest right?

It does but it doesnt help you in any way.

It does but it doesnt help you in any way.

It stops small arms such as Makarov and M1911, so if you run into a bambie with a makarov, they won't be a threat unless they're good at head shots. Same goes for the Hero skin.

My experience is KOS..... It may not be fair but thats dayz....... its funny capturing a newish player wearing a ghillie and telling them to take it off or die.. Listening to them babble about how they can't figure out they can't take it off without civilian clothes..lol