Sign in to follow this  
Freshling

Best Place To Build a Stash?|

Hey Players..

I play on a private hive server and many times have i tried to make a stash, where i can store gear and cars..

but it always get found no matter how hard i hide it due to the choppers seeing it.. even at night.. the map is Chernarus by the way..

Is the only Safe place off the map or is there any decent places in map?

thanks,

+ If anyone want to join me on the server. its whitelisted so no hackers.. and a Teamspeak to use which is decent, the Server is REALLY good..

The longest I managed to stash some gear for once was 6 weeks on a public server. I had 2 tents and a car and they only got found by chance in the end. I won't tell you exactly where but it was but wasn't up north or near the edge of the map (that's where everyone looks). It was hidden in plain sight. I parked the car directly behind a house against the wall and kept the tents about 100ft away from it in thick woodland spaced out. Even from a heli it was hard to spot the car unless you flew over the area and were looking at the right angle.

I would say try and be original. Pretty much the least original thing you can do is make a camp either on a hill, on the edge of the map, up north, near the lakes or in the forest on the west edge of the map. Those are the first places I always used to look when I was base hunting and I would literally find vehicles and loot every time.

Edited by Fraggle

Some of the best tents are the ones hidden in towns. Try hiding them in towns that aren't very popular and use the buildings to block the views.

• Like 1

Hey Players..

I play on a private hive server and many times have i tried to make a stash, where i can store gear and cars..

but it always get found no matter how hard i hide it due to the choppers seeing it.. even at night.. the map is Chernarus by the way..

1. Get a helicopter

2. Steal everyone elses stuff

3. Fly your chopper over Cherno with your Beans pressed against the window

4. Prophet

Helis will always find your stuff. You must become the heli and then ye shall know peace.

The longest I managed to stash some gear for once was 6 weeks on a public server. I had 2 tents and a car and they only got found by chance in the end. I won't tell you exactly where but it was but wasn't up north or near the edge of the map (that's where everyone looks). It was hidden in plain sight. I parked the car directly behind a house against the wall and kept the tents about 100ft away from it in thick woodland spaced out. Even from a heli it was hard to spot the car unless you flew over the area and were looking at the right angle.

I would say try and be original. Pretty much the least original thing you can do is make a camp either on a hill, on the edge of the map, up north or in the forest on the west edge of the map. Those are the first places I always used to look when I was base hunting and I would literally find vehicles and loot every time.

ok thanks, on the server a lot off the places are taken.. like other groups on the server had bases and i managed to place my camp i kid you not 200m from another team, that tricked me into helping them with a heli away from my tents when another looted.. i feel so betrayed.. depends how far you put it out the map right?

In and around small towns that hold little looting value might be a good option if people are using heli's to locate your camp. Try MyshKino or Nadezhdino.

Nowhere is safe though buddy, someone is bound to find your shit eventually. Either employ some chinese people to watch over your camp 24/7 or keep the most valuable treasure on you character.

In and around small towns that hold little looting value might be a good option if people are using heli's to locate your camp. Try MyshKino or Nadezhdino.

Nowhere is safe though buddy, someone is bound to find your shit eventually. Either employ some chinese people to watch over your camp 24/7 or keep the most valuable treasure on you character.

ok thanks, would spreading tents around the map help?

People generally never look around the tulga district, never found a camp there or a player for that matter.

Another tactic is to have a few individual tents dotted around the map. That way it's not the end of the world if one gets found. Also a heli is unlikely to bother landing to check out one tent. Always keep your vehicles away from your tents to minimise the damage if they get found though.

Edited by Fraggle

I agree with what a few others are saying. There are certain small towns that players never enter, but always skirt around. The loot maps people use pretty much lead people to the high/med yield areas and so these little pockets of low yield loot remain untouched.

Find yourself a nice quiet village and settle down.

The longest I managed to stash some gear for once was 6 weeks on a public server. I had 2 tents and a car and they only got found by chance in the end. I won't tell you exactly where but it was but wasn't up north or near the edge of the map (that's where everyone looks). It was hidden in plain sight. I parked the car directly behind a house against the wall and kept the tents about 100ft away from it in thick woodland spaced out.

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.088.075

Is that yellow spot on the map in Black Forest the house you were talking about, Fraggle?

Nope :). It was in the west. Behind that little house between Pustoshka and Myshkino. Check it out, it's a great spot.

Edited by Fraggle

Map interior, near (but not at) the top of wooded hills. They offer no vantage point and the annoyance of having to walk up the incline makes people prefer to go around, so the only reason anyone goes up there is to check the top for tents or vehicles, which they do in only the most cursory manner. I had some stuff on a hill near Stary Sobor for almost a month before it got scooped, and I later found out that the guy found it because he was following me through the fog with thermal when I visited it. I do not miss that L85 AWS one bit.

• Like 1

I'll go ahead and suggest atv's. For the most part, they're easier to hide than tents and they're portable. Just make sure you learn all their quirks first. Avoiding bridges is a major one. lol. If you have a decent pack you can keep 2 primary weapons on you and a spare tire or 2 and shoot out your tires before you log out to help try and keep your ride.

The best spot to hide your chopper, is a place that is Impossible to get to... For example, there is a sunken ship @ 139,042 and you can land a Heli on the bow of the ship. its IMPOSSIBLE to climb up onto the bow, so it can never be stolen. It can only be shot at.

To land on the ship, you have to wedge your chopper in-between the two struts.

Just stick a tent in plain sight, the obvious places are usually the over look places, i heard of a guy keeping a tent on a server for around a month by setting the tent up in the garden of a house in a town out in the open.

• Like 1

I play mostly on our Taviana server now which is much easier than Chernarus to keep camps concealed. However, from my time playing public servers I'd just reiterate some of the good advice already given on this thread as well as add some of my own advice;

- First thing to realise is your camp IS going to be compromised and someone will eventually find it. Shocking I know, but it's inevitable. That sink in? good, now deal with it and read my next tip...

- Keep it simple. As already said, the most obvious areas such as way up north or on the west coast are the first place you go when hunting camps! Try and find somewhere else that players go to but perhaps don't expect a tent.

- Why put all your eggs in one basket? I always have more than one camp around the map (usually 5-10!) and spread my gear out as much as possible, circling my time around the map, updating and equipping from each camp. That way if and when the camp is discovered, you only lose a fraction of your overall loot. Also the more camps you have, the less you actually need to store in each, and again, the less you lose when they're compromised!

- Always keep vehicles away from tents. I normally have mine around 300m away from each other. Similarly, space your tents well apart if you have more than one in a location. That way if/when a player stumbles upon your tent/car, they wont immediately see the other tents/vehicles at your camp. This works well, only last week I had someone stumble upon and steal half broken mini-van with just some ammo and food in (leaving the car they were travelling in at the time behind) at one of my camps and in the excitement of it all, they missed my 3 tents, 1 offroad and 1 ural which were all spread around the area and had decent weapons/kit in.

- Never show anyone your camp!Unless of course you are in a group/clan and clan mates you trust. It will be raided!

- Try to get camo or dull coloured vehicles. It really makes a difference!

- Always write down the coordinates of your camps/vehicles. Saves time later!

- Don't bother with barbed wire, tank traps or sandbags - it just gives your camp away more from a distance.

- Study the map and try to imagine the pathways people take to various points of interest Try to picture lines being drawn across the maps along the likely routes people on foot or int he air will take. Now look for areas between these lines, those are the places to consider your camp.

- Its tempting to set up camps near land marks to identify where your camp is - don't. It acts like magnet to people.

- Fur trees are your friend, but they should only be used for directional cover, not total concealment!

- Fill spare slots in your tent/car up with as much DIFFERENT kind of items as possible, lots of real low value shite, food, crossbow bolts, shotgun shells, empty water bottles anything really. The reasons for this are first of all people are usually in a hurry (especially new players who will already be nervous and jittery and worried there is someone in the area!) and they will surprisingly just scan through the inventory for things they want. The more shit you have in there, the more likely they are to to miss something of value. Secondly, they are more likely to think it's a "noobie" camp and not give it as much attention as they should! It's worked for me a couple of times.

I go out in the middle of nowhere to scout for places to stash things. Preferably around large hills and heavily wooded areas that seem to be a real pain to get to and hide a tent there. Usually just one. Also keep note of the grid reference when you find a spot.