Sign in to follow this  
IcyZ

Sound Mod acceptance

So i did a search in the forums and i didnt find any other similar topic,so i hope that im not double posting or something.

So my suggestion is: make DayZ mod accept arma sound mods.i.e. i use jsrs sound mod when i play arma,and its a pain in the ass having to deactivate it everytime i want to play dayz.I was gonna say create a more realistic dayz sound mod,but since standalone is coming i dont think it worths spending your time like that.

So i did a search in the forums and i didnt find any other similar topic,so i hope that im not double posting or something.

So my suggestion is: make DayZ mod accept arma sound mods.i.e. i use jsrs sound mod when i play arma,and its a pain in the ass having to deactivate it everytime i want to play dayz.I was gonna say create a more realistic dayz sound mod,but since standalone is coming i dont think it worths spending your time like that.

I think if it allowed custom sound files, you could edit footsteps to shout "HEY I'M OVER HERE!"

Funnily enough the server I currently play on has allowed or enabled the use of the ace sound mod, haven't tried it out but it would be interesting.

Surely custom mods are fine if they use the bis key system?

That system means that only mods approved by the server can be used and the "key" ensures that the mod is not "fiddled" with to stop cheats.

Rgds

L

Yeah, I wanted to post the same thing. I'm using the single player and some ArmA II ACE servers still support it. It would be a REALLY good addition to the mod.

Yes, sounds need a big improvement. The default sounds aren't great, they're not very loud, and what's with the AS50? I like the sounds in ACE as well, they seem much more lifelike, especially the buzzing in your ears and the temporary deafness.

It can't be very hard to improve a few sounds...

• Like 1

i use jsrs in ace and wasteland(the 1.5 version is not added on every server though)

and about that:

Yes, sounds need a big improvement. The default sounds aren't great, they're not very loud, and what's with the AS50? I like the sounds in ACE as well, they seem much more lifelike, especially the buzzing in your ears and the temporary deafness.

It can't be very hard to improve a few sounds...

if they add any of ace's mechanics in dayz,it'll be beautifull.it'll be more realistic,and more survivalistic again