Dimazawr

Say no to discrimination

This just in, free market beats communism!

But honestly OP, why can't you just go to a different server or hire your own? No one if forcing you to use the blocked servers.

and you don't make any difference, what if everybody think like you? before it's a server, next is a bus and next is a work. this is bullshit

and you don't make any difference, what if everybody think like you? before it's a server, next is a bus and next is a work. this is bullshit

"THEY WON'T LET ME PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

Sorry mate, but access to public transport or the right to work compared to not being able to access 1 of 10,000 servers for video games are two completely different arguments.

Your next argument will be to justify private servers (which are and should be perfectly legitimate).

• Like 1

Whether it's just discrimination, intolerance, bigotry, xenophobia or racism I don't really care about the specific term.

I see a lot of all of the above on servers and I see a lot of anti-Russian sentiments in DayZ. I've meet quite a few nice Russians and an army of non-Russian aholes and cheaters. I also see a lot of non-native English speakers, as soon as they realize I didn't shoot them on sight, the first thing they do is apologize for their English. DayZ does not require a minimum English language prerequisite, the only language prerequisite you need is if you want to read the road signs.

Not every hacker is Russian, go read the ban appeal forums, if you doubt it.

• Like 1

I completely agree but when it comes down to it practicalities have to play a part. For instance I would never go and play on a Russian server because I know I wouldn't be able to make myself understood. I wouldn't be able to communicate with the admins if needed and in general my experience of the game would be worse.

I've played with people from all over the world, more so than English people actually but we have one thing in common that allows us to do that, we speak English. When I admined a server I wouldn't Whitelist people that couldn't speak English. Only a very basic level of English was required but nevertheless it was important. Race didn't come into it, just a need for basic communication in order for me to admin that server. How would I resolve an issue of combat logging or a hacking accusation if I couldn't communicate with the players? How would they even be able to report it to me?

Of course I'm reffering to a Private server though, where the admin is entitled to have whatever rules in place he or she wants, for better or worse. Public servers are a different matter entirely.

Reffering back to the OP though, just having a statement saying "no Russians" or "no Germans" then yes, that is racist/nationalist and shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

well you should not be automatically kicked for being from another country, instead kicked for talking another language in side channel if the server has another language in its description.

I personally dont mind other languages in sidechat (adds authenticity!), but i understand why admins kick people who use different languages.

If a russian knows english, i dont see any reason why he should be automatically kicked from english speaking servers.

also, if a russian doesnt speak english, but doesnt use chat either, it should be no problem either.

Edited by Wep0n

I dont see a problem with this, i actually welcome it. I wouldnt mind a server with only people speaking my language. But it should say so in the name of the server. If not blacklisted.

Fraggle does have a point.

Now, as long as the reasoning is explained then I think having "english only" servers can work. I bet though that if a foreign language speaker did join Fraggle's server and did his best to communicate that frags most likely would let him/her stay on.

It's when folk blanket ban a group of people because of the actions of a few bad apples that i disagree with.

L

• Like 1

What's the solution to this suggestion exactly?

how about that:

if there is a server with language restriction, it should ask you some simple questions in that language. (rather random, like a captcha) and you should be able to answer this with one word, to be able to enter the server. once you solved that captcha, you are free to enter that server from this day forward, as you are prooven to know the language. you should have only some seconds time to answer that, to restrict people from using translation programs.

and even then some people may sneak into the server which dont know english, but this is only a small percentage, and thats what admins are here for.

and it is a way better solution than to automatically ban entire countries.

Edited by Wep0n

being able to speak the required language should make you able to exercise your right to play where you want. if they own their server and want to make differences i think they can , but only because there aren't laws about this thing. saying that russians cannot enter your coffeeshop is obviously another, but we should watch also these little things, if we start to ignore problems, when they become huge the solution will be far harsher

I don't know where it is discrimination or racism if some people simply can't speak English so they play on a Server where they can understand eachother. And some want to have a server where only people speak that language, which is understanding.

I'm guessing these admins that bans people because they don't speak Russian for exemple don't want their server to be overflowed with people who speak English for exemple. The suggestion you made is stupid, you can easily avoid getting banned if that is what you are talking about, by not joining those kind of servers. I out of MANY people wont join a Russian only server. And if I would I wouldn't go on to the forum and whine about getting kicked/banned if I broke the servers rules.

You sound like a feminist. They always insist on going places they are not welcome and starts whine discrimination.

• Like 1

There were several Koreans chirping away in sidechat on a US private hive this night and earlier a Russian gamer tried to join a game and was kicked off by Battleye.

The russian may have had a high ping. I was raised in a tolerent house and wouldnt dream of being racist, with the guy who linked the pb bans here is my counter. There are five people, 1-5. 3 and his friends 3 and 4 shoot up a preschool. Does that mean 1-2 shot up a preschool? As Gews here can prove bronys are for the most part acceopting.