Dimazawr

Say no to discrimination

As you have seen on the topic name we will discuss racism in the vast of zombie world.

We can often see the server where it says "NO russian" or "Only ger" and so on.

Many people have been unfairly banned on the basis of this

For example

What do I want to see in SA? No national discrimination.

Many people have been banned for only one sentence to "forbidden" language

Just as often, insults start when they join the server, even without such activity

Some foreigners are beginning to offend some people, going to the Russian server or server of any other country.

Personally, I remember being on a server one European country, people do not speak their native language so as not to get an insult

Strictly speaking the suggestions:

1.Remove the ban on foreigners

2.Say no to racism

• Like 16

As a UK player it's hard to comment on this because it's not something I've ever seen. I've played on Dutch, Australian, US, and UK servers and never once seen this issue. I agree racism should never be tolerated. Is this a problem unique to Russian servers?

• Like 3

You can't really do anything it's their server they paid for it maybe they want people who speak their language.

This is more nationalism than racism per se, but I get and agree with your point. If your ping is reasonable, no one should be allowed to boot you based on what country you're playing from.

• Like 3

I don't see a problem with it. If they run the server, they should have whatever rules they deem worthy. If I was running a server, it would be an English-speaking one only. The reason being, people clutter up side chat and comms with a language no-one can understand.

Then again, you may not get this in SA as the server files apparently wont be made public. That means No kicks for being Russian, Dutch, English etc etc and all servers are the same minus the odd 3rd person view and cross-hairs option. No more of this 3000+ vehicles and starting with an AS50 or BS mySQL injecting admins with a God-Complex

Edited by Be4st

I guess as long as we have private servers with admins allowed to enforce their own rules it will remain an issue. I'd imagine the SA will address this by reverting back to secure public servers with codes of conduct that the admins have to obey.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I guess as long as we have private servers with admins allowed to enforce their own rules it will remain an issue. I'd imagine the SA will address this by reverting back to secure public servers with codes of conduct that the admins have to obey.

How can you obey what to whom, and sometimes even 18 is not fulfilled ?

And when the server administrator thinks he is god ....

I feel OP's pain. There's a dozen International MMO's who've IP banned our country just because it's the Philippines.

• Like 1

I was on a private hive with an active admin once, to say it lightly if you didn't speak English you were admin banned permanently with insult, I left as soon as I saw it.

I think as long as your ping is good and you aren't spamming side chat no bans should be made. It could come in handy to learn some phrases though maybe "I cannot speak English/German/whatever" to tell everyone in side chat so they will understand. Otherwise keep quiet so they don't know you have a different language. Whatever you do though don't type Россия? in side chat :P

• Like 3

I honestly see no issue unless it's ACTUALLY racism, where it goes to discriminating the races. I understand restricting to specific languages because I know how annoying it can be to only speak one language and English, then somebody comes and speak something completely strange. If the admin(s) want the restrict language on their servers they should be allowed to as long as it doesn't go too far as to saying different races are worse than others.

As for "Only X race", kind of stupid in my opinion, I agree on that. What race you are shouldn't matter as long as you speak the language they have restricted the server to, but then, if the server is restricted to German and a Danish player joins then it's not likely that Danish guy will understand and speak proper German, so I kind of understand that view. If a server, on the other hand, is restricted to one Local language and English as an international language then I see no problem with different races considering English is such a big language today that most people know it. I would just sit amazed about the logic in keeping one race but restricting languages to one Local language and one international, wheres the Local language most likely would be used all the time because there's only a Local race allowed.

Maybe if a very high number of Russians weren't such notorious hacks and scammers then those rules wouldn't exist.

Politically correct BS isn't going to change the fact that Russians have a worldwide reputation of turning scamming and cheating into an Olympic games level event.

A simple check of any game that keeps stats will show.. Russians are in the lead by a HUGE margin when it comes to hacking in games or hacked servers. Second is Germans

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 1

Maybe if a very high number of Russians weren't such notorious hacks and scammers then those rules wouldn't exist.

Politically correct BS isn't going to change the fact that Russians have a worldwide reputation of turning scamming and cheating into an Olympic games level event.

A simple check of any game that keeps stats will show.. Russians are in the lead by a HUGE margin when it comes to hacking in games or hacked servers. Second is Germans

And jews are money hungry people, so you don;t do any business with them?

The anti-russian or german rules are mainly because they talk on global/viop in their language, thereby irritating other players.

How about you russians stop cheating first and then come and whine about being discriminated.

• Like 1

Urhgh. Well this is going nowhere fast. OP feel free to unlock it if you actually want to add to the debate, as it is you've just opened a contentious topic and then walked away. A fellow mod should know better than to do that.

In future if you're going to open debates like this then then at least stick around to moderate it yourself, cheers.

Locked.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Sorry that did not support the discussion, was not able to do this

About cheting - yes, Russians are using cheats, but no all of us. All normal peoples do not like cheaters and also I, cheaters are must be banned. However now a lot of peoples get banned basically for nationality, but not for cheats

• Like 3

Russians are in the lead by a HUGE margin when it comes to hacking in games or hacked servers.

Care to back that up? All I see is opinionated bullshit with no proof.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Are we going on about stereotypes here, because that is a pretty flimsy excuse to ban someone because they come from a certain country?

All Russians are dodgy, Germans are humourless, English are stuck up and Australians are thieves and racists?? Really?

Kinda sad that we still have people who think along these lines.

• Like 1

Are we going on about stereotypes here, because that is a pretty flimsy excuse to ban someone because they come from a certain country?

All Russians are dodgy, Germans are humourless, English are stuck up and Australians are thieves and racists?? Really?

Kinda sad that we still have people who think along these lines.

What? No negative stereotype about Americans? I am disappointed. lol

• Like 1

I can sort of understand those who don't approve of Russians.I've never had good experience with them, and that's actually pretty bad, because I've gotten to know many of them outside the gaming area, and they're all pretty nice people.But I fully agree with the suggestion (at least for public servers).

Hello there

As long as one is not ruining/damaging the game experience for others, there's no reason to inhibit any person joining in.

It's bigotry pure and simple.

Now, if a chap has a terribly high ping or is being abusive etc, ban with impunity!

Rgds

LoK

What? No negative stereotype about Americans? I am disappointed. lol

OK- guess the movie quote (no Google)

"Shut up! Shut up, you American. You always talk, you Americans, you talk and you talk and say 'Let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this.' Well, you're dead now, so shut up."