jdz (DayZ)

Bonfire, buying bases and 'rules'

Oh, I have no problem with why they are doing it, it just that seems that you aren't getting a very big bang for your buck.

This.

I have no problem with private servers giving perks for "donations". I do feel they should be sensible enough to keep perks/donations to a minimum. For example a $5 donation will spawn with camo or a ghillie, $10 would get you camo or ghillie and a revolver. Nothing higher than that. And that would actually be a disadvantage for a fresh spawn. You become a target with other players assuming you're fully equipped.

Charging people for starter gear and bases is not a way to fund a server, it's a blatent money making scheme. We have run servers for a few months now and not once have we done anything like that

Hi, I'm the owner of DayZbonfire, and there are no rules on our server except for "no hacking" and "no voice on side". If you were banned or kicked for destroying their bases, please tell me who did it and I will address this issue.

On the other hand, the server costs 450 dollars a month, because of all the bandwidth from the forum, teamspeak, and the two DayZ chernarus servers we have.

It's an australian based server.

Day one, I was not funded very much. We spent:

400 for the server

200 for xenforo license

50 for domain name

Then, we spent another 150 + 50 because our domain name got taken by the old co-owner, and the 150 because we had to upgrade to 3TB bandwidth.

I don't know why people are saying it's some money making scheme.

I never wanted to do these crazy loadouts, but people wanted to help but only if they got something good out of it.

Our loot tables are insane, because we have every gun in the game in them.

We have over 30 crash sites on each server as well.

I don't know why these people are being so rude, but the only thing I'm trying to do is make a good server. We have custom buildings and vehicles.

If I was making money out of this, I would not have invested nearly 300 dollars in it. The most we'd even make, would probably be 200~100 a month. That's not a lot , considering all the time I put into the server.

Let alone the things that I do write for the server. Because we do not use bliss, I had to rewrite certain scripts and create new ones.

Making zombies spawn when you are in cars, our anti hacks, our special debug with colors, edited zombie loot, edited heli crash loot, refueling at refuel stations, siphoning, and vehicle part harvesting.

I do a lot of work for Dedicated server setup, maintenance, coding in C#, creating/selling certain kinds of scripts to servers and or people.

I'm a busy person, and this server has taken a lot of my time, But I don't care really. I enjoy having my server, and I enjoy giving everyone a fun hacker free experience.

My admins are not corrupt, infact each ban that happens I ask them to explain THOROUGHLY what happened.

Some of them don't like it, but I don't want anyone to be innocently banned. Simple.

It's rude that you guys are saying all this stuff about my server.

But again, I did not agree to most of these prices. This is what our major FUNDING CONTRIBUTORS wanted, so I delivered so we could have a great server.

People love our server, because there are not many people who have loadouts;; but also, donators have the option to take a loadout or to leave it be.

Not only that, but we try our best to keep the server good, asshole and hacker free.

We don't appreciate people like Jzd, who go around posting and bashing on servers.

IMO, I believe he's just a little jealous of the work I put in, and popularity of our server.

Edited by Damiken

jdz,

stop acting like a entitled child,

You have gone through and belittled our (im an admin) method of paying for the server fee's yet have not managed to provide a single alternative.

You also have failed to realize that if allowing players to purchase bases and purchase Kit's that we have also released offsets.

Increasing military loot spawns, and increasing heli crash spawns.

Holy hell, and I thought the "9001 VEHICLES 30 HELIS 25/8 DAYLIGHT SPAWN WITH AS50 AND M4A1" servers were bad.

Dafuq I just read ? O.o

Donation, people will pay if its a good place, we did that.......

But giving people options to "buy advantages" is just wrong on every level, are you trying to turn it into a game full of micro transactions? Welcome to Day Battlefield rofl.

I understand you need funding, but so does everybody else and they dont sell out like that lol.

Give people the option to donate and if they like you enough you will get money, no doubt.

Understand you are working and using a free mod, and you are using your own time, out of your own pocket. Nothing else.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Look after reading what the owner had to say about it, you can't really blame him. The thing I would never even think of playing on the server never mind paying for it.

I feel kinda bad actually with the position he is put in :(

A bit like everyone, it's a private server, so let the admins do what they want. I just feel REALLY sorry for whoever actually wastes 60$ in this...

What the hell is wrong with you people?

You aren't buying the gear, you are receiving a gift for making a donation... Furthermore, its simply an incentive to donate and keep the server going strong.

I've played on this server a few times now and not once has it been nuked, nor have a come across a godmode hacker. The anti-hack protection on the server seems pretty good and detects and bans people pretty fast.

To the server owner:

Please ignore these idiots. Your server is well run, is not laggy, actually has a day/night cycle and the player base seems pretty good.

AU #500 is one of the most hacked Australian servers out there, I wouldn't recommend playing on it at all.

qft

What the hell is wrong with you people?

You aren't buying the gear, you are receiving a gift for making a donation... Furthermore, its simply an incentive to donate and keep the server going strong.

I've played on this server a few times now and not once has it been nuked, nor have a come across a godmode hacker. The anti-hack protection on the server seems pretty good and detects and bans people pretty fast.

To the server owner:

Please ignore these idiots. Your server is well run, is not laggy, actually has a day/night cycle and the player base seems pretty good.

But what exactly does a good server have to do with admins handing out gear for money? Nothing tbh. Everybody can run a good server with good anti cheat protection, its not difficult.

I still think its wrong to give people the option to use micro transactions in DayZ, to get ahead, it simply doesnt belong here, as this is not Team Fortress 3 lol.... And if you cant afford to host, then dont. Theres plenty of people willing to host for free...

I am not trying to make the admins look like idiots, but micro transactions in DayZ? Cmon man, do you really want DayZ to be like that? Like WarZ? Coz WarZ has exactly what you are providing, the option to buy gear for real money. Just stop it now, its so wrong. Rely on donations from helpfull people or stop hosting if you cant afford it.

• Like 1

I fail to see the issue here.

It's a private hive, they can do whatever they want. You don't have to play on their server. If somebody is "stupid enough to pay for gear," then let them, it's their choice. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be stopped. It affects nobody but the people on that server.

Not only do they sell starting stuff, The admin uses hacks, godmode, ESP, etc to kill the players on his own server. The Server owner ( Who has posted in this thread) has since been removed from the DayZ forums, Notice you cannot click his username anymore.

Dont play on this server...

Link to admins Lie's and hacking/ban list:

http://dayzmod.com/f...its-to-hacking/

Edited by rassad

Holy hell, and I thought the "9001 VEHICLES 30 HELIS 25/8 DAYLIGHT SPAWN WITH AS50 AND M4A1" servers were bad.

In what server do you spawn with an AS50 and M4A1?

Someone would actually pay $60 to spawn with an M14? Jesus. "There's another one born every minute!"

Okay...No one else has said it so I will......WHAT THE FUCK!!!