rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Alright Alpha testers, just a quick question. Has anyone found food as of late?

I've been crawling from barn to barn, store to store, those godlike brick houses and I have not found any food or drink.

Did Coca-Cola and Pepsi along with Bush's Baked Beans pull their sponsorship in Chernarus?!

Finally have the skills to avoid zombies, am armed to the teeth in weapons (Winchester and Double Barrel Shotty, ALICE pack, revolver and m1911, all with ammo) but going to die from no beans/sardines/pasta!!!

EDIT: Maybe I am the most unlucky/lucky survivor. Trade a double barrel shotgun and revolver for some food, dammit!

Everybody should start offering constructive criticism or get the hell out. YOU ARE VOLUNTARY T-E-S-T-E-R-S' date=' NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS!

Act like you actually have a clue what you signed up for. When you downloaded this mod, you agreed to test it. Have you ever played the Alpha version of a game? Obviously not. Cut the bullshit posts about 'uninstalling this game' and 'its not fun anymore'. If you have a problem with a new feature, or believe that it can be tweaked in some way to make it better, state your observations in a respectable manner that is concise, to the point, and free of negative bias purely based on the fact that you died.

New features will constantly be TESTED, whether it's because it's a feature that the dev is thinking about adding to the final version, or because there's a certain aspect of one feature that they need tested before considering implementing it's use for something else entirely. Which is, basically, THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE ALPHA VERSION.

There's no loot anywhere? Then let the developer and everyone else here know about it. But stick to the facts and only offer opinions that are actually at least somewhat helpful in some way. Offer suggestions that can actually be used. You are your own worst enemy when you start bitching on here and don't offer a well thought-out description of your situation, because you only make things worse instead of better.

Get off your throne and think for a second about what you are involved in. Was this game held back from release until money could be made off it? Or was it released FREE so that the users, us, the community, could offer insight into it so that it could be made better?

This is a free mod, and YOU are NOTHING MORE THAN AN ALPHA-VERSION TESTER. When was the last time a community such as this had so much say and interaction with the developer of a game?

Summary- I can't stand people that are ungrateful for things in life that are GIVEN to them.

[/quote']

If you don't like ppl's complaints or the way they are structured then you don't have to read them.

If it shits you so much stick to https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz/issues and stay away from the forums.... you're as bad as the ppl you complain about.

Alright Alpha testers' date=' just a quick question. Has anyone found food as of late?

I've been crawling from barn to barn, store to store, those godlike brick houses and I have not found any food or drink.

Did Coca-Cola and Pepsi along with Bush's Baked Beans pull their sponsorship in Chernarus?!

Finally have the skills to avoid zombies, am armed to the teeth in weapons but going to die from no beans/sardines/pasta!!!

[/quote']

There seem to be SOME issues with loot spawns. All I can find are the special items like maps, matches, backpacks and also weapons. No flares, chems, food, drinks and so on.

You must be one of the most dense people in the forum. You are NOT the customer you are a TESTER' date=' pull your head out of your ass!

[/quote']

ALPHA!! I'm right because I invoke the holy word! Alpha!

Please leave so the rest of us can make it easier for Rocket to develop this game

Helping rocket = being in the "slurpslurp, rocket's e-dick tastes great" club? Or trolling people that report problems and/or submit complaints which is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF AN ALPHA/BETA? Yeah, you sure are helping quite a bit from the comfort of your parents' basement, kiddo.

There's a difference in reporting problems, suggesting changes etc and complaining about how the game is destroyed and your weekend ruined because the devs "doesn't care".

You must be one of the most dense people in the forum. You are NOT the customer you are a TESTER' date=' pull your head out of your ass!

[/quote']

In my reply did i once say the word alpha, illiterate and stupid what a good mix.

I know this isn't an issue that really needs to be focused on' date=' but I don't have a chance to select the gender before my character is actually loaded. I get the option to select the gender while at the point where I'm already in the game.

I've selected female many times, I've selected female and disconnected and reconnected thinking it might change. I've also tried several servers yet by the time I get a chance to select it my character has already spawned. Anyone else having this trouble?

[/quote']

I always select male. So I haven't tried what your describing, but I do get the selection option after spawn:

Everything I attempt I end up stuck with a male character. I've tried clicking the button and navigating with the arrows keys, hoping it'd work but it doesn't.

I tried it and I didn't change into a female as well. Even when I selected female as the screen was still black (just before spawning). edit: doh, just found this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14075&pid=129168#pid129168

devs "doesn't care".

In my reply did i once say the word alpha' date=' illiterate and stupid what a good mix.

[/quote']

Because fuck grammar, that's why.

Script #16 Error from BE, and kicked.... I wasted my last food and water when I logged in because I was starving and dehydrated instantly upon login. Drank, ate... booted, logged in another server, no food, no water, starving and dehydrated...

To all the carebears crying' date=' YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS. To all the people who are saying "alpha" I applaud you. #ALPHAMALES

[/quote']

Internet tough guy detected.

/Spit

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll just wait for a fix or anything like that to solve the loot spawn issue, i don't want to starve to death!

devs "doesn't care".

In my reply did i once say the word alpha' date=' illiterate and stupid what a good mix.

[/quote']

Because fuck grammar, that's why.

:D

Hey, it's 5 am and I had at least ten cups of coffee less then I need to function.

[/quote']

Please leave so the rest of us can make it easier for Rocket to develop this game

Helping rocket = being in the "slurpslurp, rocket's e-dick tastes great" club? Or trolling people that report problems and/or submit complaints which is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF AN ALPHA/BETA? Yeah, you sure are helping quite a bit from the comfort of your parents' basement, kiddo.

So the way you "help" rocket is by threatening your gonna uninstall your game, and continue to cry about something a little challenging. Get the fuck off the forum.

Thanks, I never got the chance to change my gender. Well, not that I wanted to anyways but its still nice to have the option. Good job Rocket!

I just want to clarify something

1. YES, this is an alpha

2. Even if this was a fully released mod, the devs can do what their want, it's THEIR mod

3. Even if this was a released game and you had to pay for it, they STILL can do what they want. Have you ever bought a game to find out you didn't like it? have you ever played a MMO and disliked the changes in a major patch? If the answer is no you're a lucky guy, but this is how things work.

conclusion: you're here to test and give some advice to the devs, not to complain.

I truely like the lack of items at spawn - my best ever play was after being dumped in the sea and then recovering (after a 20 minute lucky direction swim with the W key wedged down with cardboard - i did this as it was my 1st time wearing a ghillie suit :P

I was left with hatchet, watch, matchbox & hunting knife.

My other point is it'd be awesome if we only had a hunting knife and a flint/strike (matchbox i guess) BUT we could rip branches from trees and kill/gut animals with the knife (and drink water from wells/ponds without having to use a bottle.)

Having a torch is useful though i'm finding it frustrating to use inside buildings with no reflected light and just a very small circle of vision - i'm assuming the torch was in "light" (no pun just lack of vocabulary pallet) of the recent beta patch change in night brightness (lack of.)

Anyway 1.7.1.1 is obviously an improvement over previous 1.7.1. I've managed to stay alive long enough to make it worth considering travelling away from any nearby coastal town inland.

Sad to see zeds losing directional sight due to stevie wonder heads (oh thats a bit ohhh.) but for now its for the best.

Utterly amazed at the dedication Rocket is showing, i wish people would be a little more considerate when reporting their experiences though i'm sure its water off a ducks back after the 1000th time of reading "i'm not playing anymore" (i cant read those words without hearing a 5 year old say them all whiney.)

Survival equipment (ie hatchet, hunting knife, matches) seem to not function at this time.

Previous alive character spawned in a different place each time so far (three servers), first time logged out in Berzino, spawned west on Pavolvo.

Markers for other Characters are on screen (three servers tried)

FPS has improved

Z's spawning seems fixed

5. Heart beat thing still in 1.7.1? couldn't test without possibly being shot' date=' if so its a unrealistic and gameplay wise its heavily unbalanced.... should be pretty obvious to a game developer

[/quote']

I don't really see how it's unbalanced. It's a subtle thing that you probably wouldn't have noticed if not for seeing the addition to the change log.

It's a way of simulating that gut instinct we have when we meet and judge someone. Which in real life comes down to noticing posture, facial expressions, cleanliness, style, clothing, individual tells and all the fine details you can't pick up on in a game engine where every player is a static copy of every other player without all of those individual details that are inherent to the players playing these characters. Sans optional clothing.

And like in real life, I may make an assumption or my gut instinct might be wrong, Same with day Z. I have the information that that player has a larger then usual amount of player kills as notified by the heartbeat. But that could mean anything. They could be an expert at protecting a group from others who try to attack, or maybe they are just playing as a bandit infiltrating the group, They could be the lone survivor trying to gas up a jeep before they were attacked by bandits, then sent off to his Uncle & Aunty in Bel Air.

I don't know for sure, as I wouldn't in real life, but I like the idea that my character can make a judgement call, even if it is based on information that I as a player, may not be able to perceive with the limitations of a game engine.

Do I listen to my gut instinct? Or do I want to see how this plays out? Pros and Cons to either of those choices.

I don't know if it has been posted, as there are 22 pages of posts, but infected are spawning inside some tents, and buildings, but are stuck. They see me, and they go crazy attacking the wall, but won't leave to chase me.

I assume this is not as intended, but perhaps it is? Great job, and overworking yourself to get a hot-fix for the last patch. Thanks

FPS has improved in the BEGINNING of our play session, but it seems for our group of players -- playing from different parts of the country -- the longer you play the worse it gets. A steady FPS degradation. Played maybe ninety minutes before we just logged off as it had gotten unplayable for us. It particularly went to hell after it started raining, but I don't know if there's any connection. I didn't notice anything immediately changing upon the rain.

Others have noted food/water spawns are severely lessened if not nonexistent. Possibly because Rocket's increased food/drink spawns within zombies to force more human/zombie conflict, and thus human/human conflict since silenced weapons are rare, but it seems to either be buggy spawning or going overboard. Supermarket had zero food or drink and even in heavily populated servers, never encountered a supermarket with zero food or drink. Kinda why that place is dangerous. I would hope we keep supermarkets stocked enough to force human/human encounters.

Zed aggro'd on us from 150m away. It's across a wide open field so the Z would've had LOS, but I don't think it's the game's intention to make zombies be able to see and react from that distance. If it is the case, then it is applied inconsistently, as no other Zed aggro'd from that distance, even while standing up and running.

Saw four Zeds spawned in a red-roof barn. All clipped together, all standing straight and not moving. Can't help but think that wasn't the intention.

Zombie movement still annoyingly erratic at times, but Rocket's already mentioned that as an ongoing issue.

On the subject of the loot being messed up, i don't think it's only food/water. I checked all the office buildings in cherno by the hospital and found no piles except a few trash piles. Every other spot that had loot either had a single tool or a weapon with ammo. No general piles with bandages, flares, etc. Most of the loot spots were empty. Each building has like 20ish spots blut had maybe 3 or 4 spots populated.