whiteboy greg

Change the name to Day I

Since there are no zombies in the game shouldn't the Z be taken away? I know that Z day is just another way of saying last day, but it just remind me too much of the novel World War Z. Seems like it's attaching itself to the current zombie craze with the walking dead and such,

It also seems to cause confusion as tons of people still call them zombies.

Edited by whiteboy greg

Hear that sound? Its the MODs using shovels to ready your plot in the Graveyard..

• Like 1

Since there are no zombies in the game shouldn't the Z be taken away? I know that Z day is just another way of saying last day, but it just remind me too much of the novel The War Z. Seems like it's attaching itself to the current zombie craze with the walking dead and such,

The novel The War Z?????? It is a game, not a book???

Seriously how many people suggest that the "zombies" should have to be shot in the head to be killed only to be told by 5 different people ay they are not zombies.

Seems like it's attaching itself to the current zombie craze with the walking dead and such,

Pretty sure they're 'infected' in The Walking Dead too and I don't think it's set in stone that zombies are 'undead' and not 'infected' either, they aren't real in case you hadn't noticed. xD

Also, I always thought of DayZ as Day Zero.

Y'know...

Kamenka

Chernarus

Day 0

From there on out it's your story...

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 3

Since there are no zombies in the game shouldn't the Z be taken away? I know that Z day is just another way of saying last day, but it just remind me too much of the novel World War Z. Seems like it's attaching itself to the current zombie craze with the walking dead and such,

Uhmmmmmm ...

KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty sure they're 'infected' in The Walking Dead too and I don't think it's set in stone that zombies are 'undead' and not 'infected' either, they aren't real in case you hadn't noticed. xD

Also, I always thought of DayZ as Day Zero.

Y'know...

Kamenka

Chernarus

Day 0

From there on out it's your story...

I smell what your cooking there.

i thought in the latest QA said that they were for sure infected not zombies.

and thanks for a response that wasn't a screen capture or face palm etc..

Edited by whiteboy greg

They are infected. My point is that I don't remember anyone ever saying that zombies have to be undead risen from the grave, I'm pretty sure the infection in DayZ, Walking Dead, 28 Days Later etc. would still fall under the zombie category. :)

Whatever you wanna call them.. they are both ugly and want to eat you.

Agreed there is no hard set rules to what a zombie is but I think people do have a way they perceive a zombie which is why you have so many question regarding head shots and movement.

Well I know they had Rocket's brother (a virologist) write up a document about the hypothetical infection in DayZ, maybe that will feature in the game somewhere. Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort if they aren't going to do anything with it.

Well I know they had Rocket's brother (a virologist) write up a document about the hypothetical infection in DayZ, maybe that will feature in the game somewhere. Seems like a lot of wasted time and effort if they aren't going to do anything with it.

I read that. it would absolutely add to the fiction of the world.

I wish they have Head-shot only in Standalone. Maybe as a setting!? PLEEAASSEEE!!! Slow moving and maybe 50% more zombie spawns :D

• Like 2

I wish they have Head-shot only in Standalone. Maybe as a setting!? PLEEAASSEEE!!! Slow moving and maybe 50% more zombie spawns :D

Maybe slow moving, but head shot only? If they are only infected, then they should bleed out too, just like regular people.

No zombies? I was just at Solnichniy and there were more zombies than in Chernogorsk!!

:facepalm: