whiteboy greg

Change the name to Day I

Maybe slow moving, but head shot only? If they are only infected, then they should bleed out too, just like regular people.

I couldnt care less if it didnt follow the "infected" story. I want it as a gameplay stand point.

I couldnt care less if it didnt follow the "infected" story. I want it as a gameplay stand point.

You must ground your game's design and if the DayZ Infected are written to have it where head shots take them down fast but multiple body shots will also kill then that is how it will work.

We don't know hoe the Virus works so could the Infected restore body mechanics and actually still revive it's self if it's not a head shot,...we don't know.

But my money is that it will not be a head shot is the only way to kill them.

Maybe acts of kindness will kill an Infected,....Go give that Infected a Hug!...

-I wonder how many player would fall for that if another player said to a new spawn- go give the Infected a hug lol

• Like 1

From the prestigious Oxford dictionary:

Zombie:

1. a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, especially in certain African and Caribbean religions.

2. a person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings.

3. a cocktail consisting of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice.

Take your pick

• Like 3

• Zombie vs. infected is a bit like clips vs. magazines, not really that important.

• Anyways mZLY said: DayZee as in Day Zero, the day you spawn at the beach.

• Changing the easy to say/easy to remember name of a well established brand, seems like a bad idea.

From the prestigious Oxford dictionary:

Zombie:

1. a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, especially in certain African and Caribbean religions.

2. a person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings.

3. a cocktail consisting of several kinds of rum, liqueur, and fruit juice.

Take your pick

The infected don't really fit any of those descriptions. But i have not tried drinking them yet.

Yes point 2 needs to be redone

2. a person who is or appears lifeless, apathetic, or completely unresponsive to their surroundings. Until he spots a player from 300m whereby he turns into a Olympic sprinting cannibal.

• Like 3

The novel The War Z?????? It is a game, not a book???

It is a book The world war z is a book! LOOK IT UP MAN! LOOK IT UP! AAAAAAH!

• Like 1

I originally wrote in my post the war z. He was right to call me out. I edited it to avoid confusion.

But hey, that World War Z what a fuckin book eh? Damn good.

The infected don't really fit any of those descriptions. But i have not tried drinking them yet.

hahaha

I saw the trailer on a hulu add I believe it and peaked my interest. Found it was a book first and read that. Really great. Then I rewatched the trailer and thought it as you say.........shit. The first 45 minutes are reportedly amazing but the rest has been through several rewrites.

Anyways it the movie looks like it doesn't resembles the book at all. If you havn't yet it's well worth the read or at least give the criminally abridged book on tape a listen.

And Australia is the best. Spent 6 months in Perth. Nicest people in the world.

I live in qld in Australia nice places

• Like 1

DayZ stands for Day Zero, as far as I know..

Not Day Zombie. How does that even make sense?

I think it has a two edged meaning, Zero and Zombie.

Very clever actually.

• Like 1

There is a difference between "The World War Z" and "The War Z". I understand that now.

I think it has a two edged meaning, Zero and Zombie.

Very clever actually.

Day Zerombie?

• Like 2

Day Zerombie?

Day Zombro

Mexican release

Edited by psstloaf
  • Like 2

Agreed there is no hard set rules to what a zombie is but I think people do have a way they perceive a zombie which is why you have so many question regarding head shots and movement.

my definition of a zombie...

The mind and soul of the person that once inhabited the body is completely gone and all that remains is a blood thirsty mutated monster, created by a virus or infection.

Edited by Rocky46

my definition of a zombie...

The mind and soul of the person that once inhabited the body is completely gone and all that remains is a blood thirsty mutated monster, created by a virus or infection.

So some players that kill for no particular reason/fun/body count would fall under your definition of a zombie. But they aren't infected, or maybe they are.