griffinz

Interview with Matthew Lightfoot

.. you are kidding right ?

Didn't hear it, but it has to be a joke. Or am I about to get sh*t on, no pun intended?

Is there a chance that the mods can create a Stand Alone Suggestions sub forum?

I think they said there would be a sub-forum for those in the closed testing. I imagine there would be a suggestion thread there

Didn't hear it, but it has to be a joke. Or am I about to get sh*t on, no pun intended?

Prepare to be shat on.

Listen to the interview for details, that's why we made it :)

Thank you mods for this great intiative.

Did anybody else wonder if Orlok was wearing any clothes during the Q&A?

I imagined them all with no clothes on....with fine fine beards.

• Like 2

Can anybody tell me if the Standalone will be on the BiS Store to download via IDEA/Sprocket?

Thanks.

It will only be released on Steam because they don't have a big enough team for an anti-cheat (They will be using VAC) or download system.

All good info there, so its getting released in a few weeks, right, RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!/1!1/12!?!!!?!?!1!?13?

I imagined them all with no clothes on....with fine fine beards.

Not all of us had beards. We were all nude though. Matt and Griff doubly so.

I remember the $15 pricetag being discussed in the past as well. As far as I am concerned that was being considered for the 1st iteration of the standalone... the mod-on-steroids version that was supposed to be released before the end of 2012.

Quote from rocket:

"The key thing for me and the future of DayZ the game is that early on, I made the decision that it would follow a Minecraft model. I think that for all of the criticism that Notch gets he's really done something quite visionary by saying that he's going to let the users invest in this idea by buying-in early and then not being afraid to experiment with iterative development. So, I would see DayZ releasing at around the 15 EUR mark, which would be much lower than any potential competitor could do it, let alone with the feature set that we're planning."

Source: http://www.eurogamer...cket-man-rising [Posted 21 august 2012.]

For some reason some people like to think it was in dollars but rocket always said EURO, and ontop on that "around 15 euro". 18 euro would be within that range so basically Rocket is still being true to he's initial information.

Personally I hope there will be some expensive package so I can throw some more money at this game! I would starve for a month if I had too, this game with Rocket behind it deserves every cent.

Edited by Grodenn

Rainbowmena isn't happy with any of the mods just now especially me.... after being up till about half 3 this morning waiting on everything to upload so i could post it to Reddit, So if she's about on the forums guys look out!!

Seem's "You can stay up, but dinnie be all night" doesn't apply 4 hours after she went to bed!!

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 3

Q: What's the cost be of the standalone?

A: Between 15 and 20, at the moment it's looking to be about 18€.

I may be being a money whore, but since I'm American, that doesn't sound cheap to me in the price translations I've seen.

Is there going to be an American pricepoint as well? I honestly thought it wouldn't go any higher than $20.00, that is my golden level of cheap. If not, I don't mind forking out the extra five dollars, I'll just look like this when I do:

2uxwsoj.jpg

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 1

If it works out at about £14 i only have to quit smoking for 48hours to afford it.... not got a problem with that, just means when i log in at first i will be the angriest son of a gun out there!

• Like 5

If it works out at about £14 i only have to quit smoking for 48hours to afford it.... not got a problem with that, just means when i log in at first i will be the angriest son of a gun out there!

Except its free for the mod squad so you can keep smoking
  • Like 2

Except its free for the mod squad so you can keep smoking

It's not like he was going to stop anyways

• Like 1

It's not like he was going to stop anyways

Pahhaaaa very true... or maybe i should just so i AM on edge when i first play.... oh makes all those encounters all the more unpleasant... for the other person i meet!

• Like 3