rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

I thought you were joking, I never discuss politics or religion on thes type of forums.

Sure you do, and you even start it.

Thanks for your input tho.

And you are condescending.

No one has ever starved in Ukraine in peace time, never.

Please, have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Millions of people died from starvation between '32 and '33, I can't believe you would even say such a thing. Look at the pictures in the link, then try and repeat it.

I'll stop now, point made.

Edited by Max Planck

I disagree here. Anarchists had a good thing going in Spain in the late thirties, Ukraine in 1920 was well functioning with society organized after anarchistic principles as well, even during wartime. Too bad the Red Army went and fucked them over. In both cases.

No idea about history related to anarchy. But from what I've read a critical point to make it work is the size.

"Why we need governments" by Michael Laver

He is writing in a way that is extremely easy to understand and his conclusions are making sense in a simple way. Short text that I can really recommend.

Sorry for the offtopic Fraggle but you strarted it ;)

No I didn't goddamit!!!!!! I was trying to look clever and now look what's happened!!!!!

Back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Like any beta test, it should include a good range of computers, from low to high range, in order to test stability and performance optimization. I'm guessing this is the case here, but is anyone participating in the beta (who have already been offered the chance) that has a low range computer? I'd be very interested in the performance levels.

Rocket did suggest that performance issues would be tweaked far better three months(?) in, I believe, but still interested regardless.

Zombies are just a nice backdrop for what is essentially a survival game.

Like any beta test, it should include a good range of computers, from low to high range, in order to test stability and performance optimization. I'm guessing this is the case here, but is anyone participating in the beta (who have already been offered the chance) that has a low range computer? I'd be very interested in the performance levels.

Rocket did suggest that performance issues would be tweaked far better three months(?) in, I believe, but still interested regardless.

The tests will be stress tests and not beta tests as I understand it.

I'm going to run backwards off of the map for 3 hours while constantly reloading and see what happens. I like the zombie herding idea though, lot's of potential.

What is the team really CURRENTLY working on? If anyone know, specifically.

Essentially there working on a few interesting topic's

"zombie AI"

currently stated completion/improvements on zombie skins and animations, also looking into other said AI improvments

what else there working on depends on department

Art is looking at polishing and revamping building decals/skins to improve immersion

Rocket is enjoying being banned from SS13, I am sure doing some work also

Matt is probably busy responding to waves of closed beta requests..."

Edited by Ovation

Also when Rocket essentially stated that zombie AI would be looked into after foundation release, Matt stated they are looking into it now, and improvements will be "in the very near future"

They either put it higher in the priority list, or are making fantastic progress

Edited by Ovation

I'm going to run backwards off of the map for 3 hours while constantly reloading and see what happens. I like the zombie herding idea though, lot's of potential.

I think the most obvious test would be to have everyone remove all their clothing and run around cherno but I have feeling the devs already knocked that one out.

edit: You guys should do it anyway.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Question for you guys

How or will poop dispose of itself?

One of the bugs I remember is sometimes when you quit the server next to a tree, when you re-enter the server you may start on top of that tree or a branch.

Then, of course, as soon as you started moving you would fall and break your leg.

Edited by MaNs1nH0

Question for you guys

How or will poop dispose of itself?

No idea, I guess it'll degrade over time. In the future though it'll be a very important part of the very complex disease mechanic.

why do people keep saying "closed beta" when the SA is nowhere near beta atm

Edited by jimaway

The terms alpha or beta don't really fit where the development process is ATM but people like to use terms they're comfortable with. DayZ is following a pretty unique path so it's hard to pigeon hole it into a certain phase of development.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

If not we'll give you a katana.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

If not we'll give you a katana.

oh thats nice,

that map in dayz sa will be 10 times smaller

there will be now cars in the game

and i´ll have to wait hours to resurrect my charakter after been killed

that is all absolut ok for me as long i´ll get a unique katana :D