rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Wow, this made my day

Speechless. Keep up the amazing work, love the details

First picture looks kinda low-res, but HEY I'll take it

• Like 2

Thanks for the update Rocket! The models and textures look amazing compared to the Mod!

Actually Arma 2 is still on sale for a few more days ;)

Edit: Just check sry it's not I guess it just was a 24h thing

All good haha :) I jumped over there after reading that thinking OMG its not too late. /shakes fist at Steam.

Its actually a good thing though. The SA can be a totally new experience for me so thats cool. Hopefully we can play in a month or so. The beta streams we will be seeing and with what seems to be more regular updates from the developers it wont seem like such a long wait.

Well then. Since I'm not going to be able to run this. One of you gentlefolk are going to have to buy me a new computer.

Can you run the mod at the moment? As i understand it (unless i missed something), the SA is ALOT more optimized therefore PCs that are running the mod now, will have a much easier time running the SA.

P.S

Anyone know if they plan to add underground areas to explore too? I know UG bases are in the pipeline (long time from release admittedly) but things like underground carparks at the big hotels and possible broken down subways in the major towns?

Edited by Spikér

Sergey? Is that you?

Sergey Titov, behave yourself old chum

They better have one hell of a database hive ready for when its released...

Rocket, what I read and see is simply awesome.

"disease tracking (cholera lingering on clothes a player wears…)"

Amazing.

You are the only developer of the gaming industry I trust. When you develop a game that is your passion, whatever you do is going to be awesome.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

You are the only developer of the gaming industry I thrust.

Sexy!

• Like 3

Rocket, what I read and see is simply awesome.

"disease tracking (cholera lingering on clothes a player wears…)"

Amazing.

You are the only developer of the gaming industry I thrust. When you develop a game that is your passion, whatever you do is going to be awesome.

"I´m not an English native speaker, so please excuse me if something is not understood."

Only developer you thrust? Wow, you really must love him... ;)

Edited by ruarz

How much do you wanna bet FrankieOnPC and Sacriel will be in the dev testers for closed release...

Jackfrags maybe aswell :)

• Like 2

How much do you wanna bet FrankieOnPC and Sacriel will be in the dev testers for closed release...

I hope so

I'm pretty sure that most of the participants of this video will be testing the early closed release

• Like 2

Another tease for the forums...

Please don't tell me Cherno is destroyed as that is what it looks like from two pics I've seen now....

I was hoping for more cities, not less :\ They're where the fun is at, the wilderness is boring. The map always needed a city off the cost around the middle of the map to encourage people to spread out more.

:D Sorry for the h

You should have left it in! Gave me quite a laugh :)

Hes like the Steve Jobs in gaming Business

Rocket seems like a sound guy though and despite the sob stories you heard in the news when he snuffed it, Steve Jobs was a total w*nker as a person.

Edited by ruarz
  • Like 2

This will be game of the year guaranteed. Looks fucking spectacular. Awesome work Rocket.

• Like 1

Hes like the Steve Jobs in gaming Business

A moneygrabbing whore who locks down the products to earn even more money and apply censorship against user generated content (apps in this case) to yet again cash in even more, I would say that rocket is quite the opposite to this...

• Like 4

Sure hope so,well Frankie at least. Im not familiar with Sacriel. /off to find out who your talking about. Im always looking for new DayZ vids to watch.

A moneygrabbing whore who locks down the products to earn even more money and apply censorship against user generated content (apps in this case) to yet again cash in even more, I would say that rocket is quite the opposite to this...

Didn't he die before this? That would give him a pretty good alibi.

He is still a wanker though, because of the mess that is Itunes and the fact that it resides on my old ladys laptop so I have to use it occasionally.

• Like 1

Yes, I am able to run the mod.

On a totally unrelated note: I spoke with -insertforummodnamehere- and he said he won't have the time to test the game and that his good chum Dekartz should totally get a key.

Anyway, it should be interesting to see where development goes. I expect beards upon release.