Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

They finally got it right with dayz+, what do you think? (POLL)

Does DAYZ+ have it right  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Does DAYZ+ have it right

• Yes, its how the game should be, balanced and challenging
    • No, I just like to shoot people, zeds shouldnt be a threat
    • No, I find its too difficult
    • No, its just not for me
    • Yes, I like some features but not others
    • Neautral, its ok but I still like the normal settings on other maps

One question: Am I still invulnerable to zombies inside a bush in DayZ+?

I quit playing the DayZ mod around the end of November as I'd pretty much used up all my enjoyment in the game given the limited challenge that zombies pose. Time to check out some of the mod's mods.

P.S. - Can anyone hook me up with a decent DayZ+ server? I'm UK based.

Edited by puppetworx

After reading this thread in the morning, I played DayZ + with 3 friends. We are all playing Namalsk most of the time and DayZ + didn't feel any different from the normal one. We found our automatic weapons with ease in the firestations, a backpack for everyone in a supermarket etc. Loot was not harder to get. It played like DayZ without the fear of heavy military snipers while in cherno / elektro.

We started in Kamenka, went through Balota / Cherno / Elektro and all the way back to Zeleno, NWAF to Berezino and back to Elektro (cars, bikes and boats included).

We were in a huge and long firefight over the elektro church and we had our loses to the "stronger" Zs (everyone of us killed about 100 Zs today, they hit harder but are in no way "smarter", so still not really a threat), but overall there was nothing special if you compare it to the normal DayZ.

- We played on a 35 playerserver with 20-25 people online the most time, we found a lot of damaged and unused vehicles so it was a fresh server

After reading this thread in the morning, I played DayZ + with 3 friends. We are all playing Namalsk most of the time and DayZ + didn't feel any different from the normal one. We found our automatic weapons with ease in the firestations, a backpack for everyone in a supermarket etc. Loot was not harder to get. It played like DayZ without the fear of heavy military snipers while in cherno / elektro.

We started in Kamenka, went through Balota / Cherno / Elektro and all the way back to Zeleno, NWAF to Berezino and back to Elektro (cars, bikes and boats included).

We were in a huge and long firefight over the elektro church and we had our loses to the "stronger" Zs (everyone of us killed about 100 Zs today, they hit harder but are in no way "smarter", so still not really a threat), but overall there was nothing special if you compare it to the normal DayZ.

- We played on a 35 playerserver with 20-25 people online the most time, we found a lot of damaged and unused vehicles so it was a fresh server

Much of what you say is true, i guess it depends on your group and some luck. There have been times where we found a lot of things in one place, and others where an entire city yielded nothing but hachet and tin cans.

I guess you guys have a good team, but not everyone plays in teams of 4 or more, I think those who play alone will be the ones in trouble once they get hurt, but making the zombies any more difficult would probably be too hard meaning those playing alone would have zero chance at living

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Sounds interesting. I have been playing DayZ 2017 a lot lately, looking for more of a survival challenge. Based on my experience, I think DayZ 2017 went too far for my tastes. You get sick of endless piles of empty cans after a while. Once you get the basic survival gear there is little point in venturing into towns at all, the risk/reward is skewed too far by reducing the reward to almost nil.

Agreed. If zombies are going to be OP there needs to be some reward for braving the hoards. Otherwise people will simply avoid towns like the plague.

P.S. - Can anyone hook me up with a decent DayZ+ server? I'm UK based.

Dayz+ UK1 is pretty good. It's daylight only though. Usually always 30-45 players on. Hackers are removed and banned quickly if reported.

Played for a few hours on a DayZ+ Whitelisted server I found posting on this forum. Within the 2 hours, I have 2 tents, 1 MP5 SD, M9, M4 (iron sights), loads of food, loads of water. The zombies are a threat if you are in the mix, down in the city... and I have seen people fall victim to them that tried to engage me...

Its a nice mod of a mod over all honestly. The zombies are not a threat if you understand the sorry mechanics of them - IE dragging through buildings to loose, tree sitting, I'm still quite able to do a run through of a town without being careful what so ever and making it out just fine. It does make you worry slightly more then normal, and food seems slightly harder to find if you ain't looking in the right places.

Over all I love the addition of skins - which these should not feel rare in a game like this - in this mod they are not.

Enjoyable. If you do want something slower paces, try 2017...

OP makes me wanna check out DayZ+

i only played a few hours, first impressions are very good, loot seems to be better balanced, zeds are more challenging but not overly so, so far i'd say it's a slight but definite improvement on the original

Edited by wabbit

I played about an hour before I died - my downfall being lighting a fire in Kamyshovo which attracted two dozen zombies and blocking my only escape. Loot seemed about the same to me, no harder to find. I had fun and I definitely like the stronger zombies. I think I'll give it another shot later tonight on UK1.

I hope standalone won't be exactly like this, zombies right now need some work. The problem with high powered guns was they were too easy to find. I always thought Russia (near chernarus) would be the best place the survive because of all the high end Militery loot. Another thing is that dayz became popular with no balance, it was about realism. I don't want this forum to turn into a nerf this or buff that or this is stupidly OP complaint forum. Rocket is unique by not trying to make a balanced game, to balance it would make it loose what makes it unique. I love that feeling you get when an as50 or m-107 bullet misses me by a few inches. The anti material rifles take out heli's if they aren't careful and blows up cars if they are smart in using them. The chernarus map needs to be increased in size and more Militery vehicles with guns but you have limited amunition. Right now it feels like a video game map with vehicle spawns. It should feel like a zombie apocalypse in a militerised area were the Militery fell and there guns and vehicles are left to be taken by those who survived.

So for those of you that havent played it yet, Dayz+ offers a huge challenge in the way the game is played.

Zombies are now a threat, they WILL kill you in 7-8 hits from full blood, if you go unconcious you are screwed.

Want to be a douche sniper? Well good luck, unless you are actually a good shot your not going to live long as a sniper, AS50s and other high tier snipers are gone, DMR is the best you will find without hacking, night vision and thermal dont exist and getting an M16 is a real moment of happiness as it can be difficult to find decent weapons, although sometimes you get lucky

Zeds also agro much easier, running through a town to where you want to go and shooting them as they come into the building is a death sentence, seeing as you cant take many hits and more zeds agro......ive seen many a bandit (wannabe bandit) stop in the middle of the street, aim his lee enfield, miss me and then get mauled to death before he can fire a second shot.

Food and water and even weapons are not as common, ive seen people teaming up in groups of 4+ with just hachets and one pistol if they are lucky.

Myself? I spent 4 hours looking for something to replace the AK i found that only had one mag, i now have a CZ550 but that took searching every barn in the southern side of the map.

Its a mod of a mod that is now on dayzcommander.

Youll get bandits, but they wont last long unless they are smart, plus you can easily tell them on side chat who they are as soon as they find out zeds are a threat they rage on the side chat about how its a pvp game and not pve, i find there are more people willing to at least stick around to transfuse you without just shooting you in the face, because you really value finding a sidearm in this map and its worth keeping, but not worth getting hurt for as if you get shot back and wounded, you wont live long after so keeping blood at the max is a priority.

And thinking you will live off cooked meat? Good luck finding matches, all toolbelt items are rarer, ive yet to find matches

so do you think this map is what DAYZ should be, with zeds a threat and less supplies

One of the main reasons is that it makes you think and plan your route to your target (whatever it may be, medical, food or weapons)

You must be smart, whether your friendly or not, you cant just go around shooting everyone, as you will last mere seconds if a horde of zombies corners you.

I agree its more to my taste, but i can see it will provide a challenge for all types of players, for you bandits out there I say give it a go too. You will find it harder to catch your prey, as you will need some escape plan or have plenty of ammo to spare (which you wont)

Your poll is a bit biased towards you liking dayz+. I would say zombies should be more intelligent and at other times be stupid depending on the situation.

You seem to not understand that dayz was never ment to be "balanced".

I hope standalone won't be exactly like this, zombies right now need some work. The problem with high powered guns was they were too easy to find. I always thought Russia (near chernarus) would be the best place the survive because of all the high end Militery loot. Another thing is that dayz became popular with no balance, it was about realism. I don't want this forum to turn into a nerf this or buff that or this is stupidly OP complaint forum. Rocket is unique by not trying to make a balanced game, to balance it would make it loose what makes it unique. I love that feeling you get when an as50 or m-107 bullet misses me by a few inches. The anti material rifles take out heli's if they aren't careful and blows up cars if they are smart in using them. The chernarus map needs to be increased in size and more Militery vehicles with guns but you have limited amunition. Right now it feels like a video game map with vehicle spawns. It should feel like a zombie apocalypse in a militerised area were the Militery fell and there guns and vehicles are left to be taken by those who survived.

you say it's about realism when it's Arma that's meant to be about realism, not DayZ!!! Zombies are not real!!! get real!!!

I checked it out this weekend. I had fun. The thing I love about DayZ currently is, there seems to be servers for all sorts of play styles.

Will I be playing plus alot? Doubt it, but I didn't hate it.

Not to mention how Zombies run way too fast, hit through walls, zig zag so you can't shoot them and take 10 bullets to kill with a pistol

10 bullets to the head??

Days+ is great and far more in line then most of these other private hives on how I think the game should be. Unfortunately today's typical Dayz gamer comes from a long history of being spoon fed everything and the inevitable main stream for Dayz mod will be the servers which dump everything all over the map making everything easy and accessible.

I'm not talking about the majority of you people here on the forum, I'm more specifically talking about the million+ players that don't visit the forum and simply join the server with the most cars, or the most loot.

It is my opinion that the private hives are a double edged sword. They were a great marketing tool in making the game playable by deleting the hackers, and gauging interest in various aspects of the game. While at the same time they are destroying the long term viability of the game by simply flooding as much of everything as they can into the server to see who can cram the most people onto the map.

I think ultimately the private hives are destroying the game, and I think Rocket saw this issue early on when he showed some resistance to them. Unfortunately because of the nature of Arma, there really was nothing that could be done, hence he gave in.

Reminds me of the old saying, "give an inch, take a mile.". I loved the plus and redux mods, unfortunately there just is never enough people playing them to justify winning the 20 or people over to them that I play with.

To me this game had an incredible atmosphere to it before we were dealing with 80+ vehicles on the map and pissing contest to see who can pack more people into the server before it crashes.

When I log in now, I feel like I'm logging into what i call expendable gameplay. It has completely ruined what Dayz was for me and I'd rather just go log into something like BF 3 for the type of expendable gameplay these private server are steering this game into.

I'm still waiting for standalone though in the hopes the developers will not cave in to what the private servers are doing to the game. I do not hold high hopes though after the behavior I have seen across the board thus far. I think the private hives will be the tool with which BIS and Steam use to leverage rocket into catering the COD/BF3 crowd which wants everything with little to no effort.

Edited by noreaster
  • Like 2

you say it's about realism when it's Arma that's meant to be about realism, not DayZ!!! Zombies are not real!!! get real!!!

Dayz is the first realistic zombie survival game...

Loving DayZ+ so far. I'd taken a break from DayZ and when I fired it back up a few days ago I remembered why. DayZ+ presents a fresh challenge and I'm enjoying the game a lot more then regular DayZ now. I do agree that making zombies stronger doesn't fix them entirely but it's a big step in the right direction.

If you want harder then this try dayz 2017 trust me your own hell awaits you.

DayZ 2017 IMO is too easy. First time playing within two hours I found, two lee-enfields, four winchesters, three cars (Gaz, new car they introdued, and the new bus.) I had all materials to hunt and had water bottles. DayZ+ is much more difficult because of the zombie's power.

DMR should be taken out to, just keep the CZ IMO.

Low zombie damage like in normal dayz has benefits, as it allows for more dynamic moments, like more changes to bleed, bones breaking and you survive longer.

High damage makes it mroe intense and frightening.

It's a tough call, but i think Rocket will make the right call for SA

Edited by sunnz

I played DayZ+ a little and I like it. Sure the zombies hit like Mike Tyson, it just means I stay the hell away from them. The thing I didn't like was that I was crawling through a town in long grass and I aggro'd a zed from so far away it was stupid. Between me and "Super-Zed" was a house (corner), a road, another house, about 40 foot of field and a fence and the git still saw me. Granted I was in his line-or-sight but hell... I woulda thought rotting eyeballs couldn't see that far

Keeping the DMR in is just stupid, does not fix the problem at all ( honestly, DMR is probably more easier to use because of its high ROF and low recoil, spray all the way)

Already i got snipped in elektro by a guy with a DMR... Just pointless, just have the CZ for christs sake.

SA should have ONLY civilian style sniper rifles.

While i liek the idea of more dangerous zombies, it does not work to well in this mod. Why? because the zombies are glitchy and broken as hell ( not the games fault, its a mod, i know but it does not change how bad it is) zombies in game.

For now, not worth it IMO.

Edited by sunnz
  • Like 1