Sign in to follow this  
Zalimoon

lock out

I think the pvp factor in the game feels unrealistic. People are killing people on first sight (even if its 2km away through a sniper scoop) just for the fun of it and not looting or surviving.

I would like more Co-op with strangers, but not limit the free will to kill in game.

So, how about: After one or two unjustified kills, you will become a bandit and get a small symbol next to your name or something to help identifying a bandit.

And if you die when you are a bandit, you will be looked out from the game for 30min, 1 hour 4 hours or what ever works

Then players have the option to kill for loot/fun if they want/need, but will encourage them to play nicely.

In a real Apocalypse some people would have no problem to kill for stuff or just fun. But not nearly as many as in the game.

no..just no...because after 2-3 kills you become a bandit anyway and the game is based around they players so they can do what they want

• Like 1

How do you define an "unjustified" kill? There is so many different factors, there is no "'justified" kill.

Ultimately even self defence is unjustified, why don't you just let them kill you? For the game it's one player alive and one player dead, whichever it is doesn't make a difference.

Keep it realistic or play CoD... That's all there is to it really.

If the world ends there will be plenty of people who are angry, scared, mentally disturbed etc that will kill others on sight for ANY reason even if they just want to practice their shooting skills should they come under attack.

There is no such thing as punishment in real life. There are consequences such as others may come looking for you and in peace times the police will try and find you to bring you to jail. But you don't automatically get a bandit skin for committing murder and you are not shut out of the game for 30 minutes to 4 hours when you are killed. You die permanently!

This is a game, people want to respawn obviously but besides that, leave it open to the players to decide who they shoot and who they let live. I am sure you have passed by quite a few bandits who didn't shoot you because he didn't see the point in killing you when you have nothing at all and/or he didn't take the shot out of fear of someone else being around to kill him afterwards.

If there were "lock outs" it should be a concequence of all deaths and effect all players - this is a very simplistic way to give players lives value - and... it will not happen :P (in any vannila version of dayz anyway :) ). I understand you wanting killing players to require more thought, because alot of the time death can feel cheap in dayZ, but singling out bandits in this way with a lock out system seems artificial (I know its a game!) and a bit too simplistic (not that simple ideas are bad - their not!).

Edited by Hoik

I know a game that used lockouts like the one described. It got removed from Steam recently...

I think it was called...

THE ARISTOCRATS!

Edited by kaiga12

How about instead of punishing people for playing a certain way they put more incentives in the game for people to team up? Locking people out of a game they have purchased is just stupid and shouldn't ever be implemented in any game.

Edited by smasht_AU

Its a game people are going to play how they want. Punishing people for playing a way you disagree with is plain stupid...

i generally support authentic murders and banditry, but a hacker shooting you from 2 km away just for fun is not the way it should be played.

there needs to be good reasons for a murder. loot and food is a good reason. being bored and shooting out of fun because you got nothing better to do should be eliminated from the game.... with some clever mechanism which keeps you going....

in big towns, fresh spawned, i often end with the bandit skin, killing a douche axe bandit after another, so punishing it's not the right way. it would be fine some team-goal to give biggest rewards to people teaming up

I'm a bandit....mainly because i kill the 8 bandits surrounding cities and the ones inside before i enter and me getting punished for making the cities safer for the little bambis would be rather unfair...so no to that too

Locked out of the game once we die when we're a bandit?

Inb4 mini-ingame transations.

No, I hope none of these ideas cross the dev's minds.

butthurt punishing bandits is just unfair.you want to stay alive?dont be in a snipers scope.Running like Lassie in electro during nightime,throwing red flares at your destination and holding chemlights,is not helping(yes i saw a guy doing that,i killed him for plain stupidity).Like in every multiplayer game,you'll come across lots of playing styles.KON,tricking you to kill you and shooting your legs making you zombie food,etc is just a part of the game.istead of punishing the killer,grow a pair and be smarter and take him down

And to the guy above in Real life and DayZ is meant to be fairly realistic just so you know but in Real life people dont shoot on Sight nor do they wait for hours to massacre if you want to go Snipe continually Try Wasteland most people should because it would make Hero's and true Survivors a bit less scared of being what they are also people dont deserve to be unable to do anything because Bandits do it to spoil other peoples fun I played with a guy he shot me because my friend was on a Bandit filled server and he gave me a lift when he realised he just shot a player new to the server who didnt have a clue what was going on other than in Cherno I ended up a Helicopter Richer because he gave it to me before he got banned for picking up a Hackers Gun and I would have offered to Ferry People or Deliver Loot but the entire game currently is "PLAYER!*Shoot*Nah dont need dat loot Ill just pick some up later. CAR! *steal*AS50!!!!*take* HELI! *shoots down* HELI SPAWN BANDITO SQUAD DEPLOOOOOYYYYYYY!*Heli Massacres people*" That seems to be the entire focus of the game I prefer "Player? Maybe he'll give me some aid... Thanks man Here have my *insert Side arm here* Need a Lift? Where to man?" and those are the kinds of thing that allow for fun gameplay the Liars Hackers and "Bandits" Ruin the game at times Hero's actually can Make the game because they work to be friendly instead of Constantly Camping Player Spawns or Hotspots never actually needing loot

How about instead of punishing people for playing a certain way they put more incentives in the game for people to team up? Locking people out of a game they have purchased is just stupid and shouldn't ever be implemented in any game.

Correction... I think that was a main feature in WarZ am I correct? Never played it so not sure of its gay'ness...

Correction... I think that was a main feature in WarZ am I correct? Never played it so not sure of its gay'ness...

It is. Being killed is like a 4 hour lockout, I think.

Having this in DayZ would be honestly the lamest thing ever. If they put it in, I'd honestly quit playing. Especially because I'm a pretty crap player, and I would honestly be spending more time waiting for the lockout to end then actually playing. THAT would frustrate me very much.

• Like 3

One other issue with it is DayZ has a few problems to begin with, that the lockout would make much worse. For example. what if a hacker teleports you to the sky, or you die from a door hitting you? You would have to wait those four hours before playing again if you were a bandit. Would that be fun? To die because of a glitch or hacker, then to rub salt into the wound, have to wait?

Lastly, rocket himself (Correct me if I'm wrong) that he didn't want any playstyles punished in any way, and to allow players to "Use their own playstyle and play the way they want to." having this only for bandits would make it even more unfair.

I honestly don't want this to turn into War Z. That would be the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to this great mod. What would be next? Having to make a microtransaction just to skip the wait?

I do appreciate the fact you are making a sugguestion, but I think it would help a little if you spent few minutes before you post. Thinking about the sugguestion, how it would effect gameplay, pros and cons, possible community response, etc before you post it can help you decide if it's a good idea or not and worth posting.

I was a member of a group that would only attack if shot at first. I left due to poor leadership. This idea is one of the worst I have ever seen. Punishing a player for their playstyle, if banditry was "not allowed" then why do they have bandit skins, how do you explain the section on the actual forums for bandits.

Lock out? no. this is a bad idea because the game has a broad appeal to a whole range of players, Liniing a certain style is going against the ethos of the game.

For the RL situation fans, how would you know what your capable of? hard times require hard measures and hat is the will to survive.