Sign in to follow this  
Nillzie

adrenaline shots

I think putting these in the game and making them super rare would be awesome, the idea is that if you use this on a corpse that had died in the last 2-3 mins they can be revived with minimum blood and bleeding. My clan got caught in a firefight up near stray sober last weekend and the server decided to restart before he could get back to his body he lost a few weeks of gear and we diddnt have much room to pick up his things

I would like an adrenaline shot, but not maybe for that reason, what if it made you run "Little" faster and there was intense/fast paced music in the background? That would be amazing...

Epi - pen is pretty much a adrenaline shot . Dead = Dead thats pretty much it.

You're pretty much asking if i shoot you in the head with a 0.50 call caliber gun in the head ( wich in reality would probably blow your head off) , then someone gives you a wondercure that would revive you? Never going to happen in this game broh.

Go play some other mmo if you want that.

Lol you talking about the same game where injecting random blood into someones ass cures gunshots. Bra

• Like 1

defibrillators would be awsome so that you would revive a dead buddy withing 4 min and it would be a tool item, but inside reasonable limits like if you get headshoted or shot whit an 0.50cal it wont work but you can use it as often you want on dead bodyes.

Lol you talking about the same game where injecting random blood into someones ass cures gunshots. Bra

Yeah, why not to add flying cars and lazor weapons? Don't talk to me about no realism, because bloodbags already heal gunshots.

You know what? I wish you wouldn't have to refuel cars. Don't you fucking say anything about realism, because injecting blood fixes up gunshots!

Epinephrine is adrenaline...

It's an artificially produced form rather than the natural adrenaline that your body produces.

Also, once someone is dead sticking them with a shot of adrenaline would do absolutely nothing.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

i think a revive mechanic in this game by adrenaline shots or defib paddles would be sweet.but they would have to be rare and the paddles would need a pretty long recharge. maybe it could require battery to use. and dont say its "unrealistic" people can be brought from the dead with both paddles and adrenaline.

but if you die by head shot or an explosion or anything that would completely mutilate you you shouldn't be able to get revived.

Edited by radrussian1

No, go play BF3 for the rez-train. This is DayZ, dead is dead.

I would like this, but not to bring back from the dead. Maybe if there was 'black with a white tunnel' screen between the 'You Are Dead' screen and the passed out screen, that only last 30 (or less) seconds.

And only in that small window could you use adrenaline. It would be the only thing you could do, you couldn't bandage, you couldn't use epi, you couldn't use morphine to save your friend. He is dying at that point and you're only hope is to give him adrenaline.

But to bring back from the dead, No.

I like your idea, but i hate the mechanics you want. I do think it would be awesome to have a window that you have to rush to save your friend though.

• Like 1

I would like this, but not to bring back from the dead. Maybe if there was 'black with a white tunnel' screen between the 'You Are Dead' screen and the passed out screen, that only last 30 (or less) seconds.

And only in that small window could you use adrenaline. It would be the only thing you could do, you couldn't bandage, you couldn't use epi, you couldn't use morphine to save your friend. He is dying at that point and you're only hope is to give him adrenaline.

I like your idea, but i hate the mechanics you want. I do think it would be awesome to have a window that you have to rush to save your friend though.

This is a great idea, I don't know why people got stuck up on the method rather the cause I was just saying that a hard to achieve Res would save hours of running when playing in a group.

also to the dumb ass who thinks arma2 is realistic, Im pretty sure a bandage won't heal a bullet wound, a bush won't kill a car, and falling down 3 stairs most likeley won't break your leg. Think its you trolls that need to get real.

Adrenaline wont work if it wont circulate in the body because your heart has stopped, and im very sure it wont revive anyone, same with a defibrillator, if your heart stops from combat trauma its because of blood loss, restarting the heart will only pump more blood out, if it will even restart.

@realism argument

The mod is in alpha state at the moment, obviously non-vital mechanics are just simple placeholders instead of something indepth and complicated.

The idea of making any type of revive mechanic stands very dangerous for player abuse.

It would be neat to see someone able to perform CPR on a person thats unconscious - something that could take time, and or fail - you know, them LOONNNNGGGG times when someones out and you just happened to leave your epi in your other ghillie suit?

also to the dumb ass who thinks arma2 is realistic, Im pretty sure a bandage won't heal a bullet wound, a bush won't kill a car, and falling down 3 stairs most likeley won't break your leg. Think its you trolls that need to get real.

It is meant to be realistic, so there is no need to ruin it with some stupid shit that allows people to resurrect from dead.

You mentioned a few broken features that obviously need fixing. That doesn't change the fact that it's meant to be a military simulator. Obviously DayZ isn't gonna be a military simulator, but I still think there's no place for this kind of features.

Edited by Sutinen

You hit it right in the head.

I'd like it implemented, but much different to what you're all thinking of. Personally, I'd prefer if it simply allowed you to take, as an example, 25% Less damage from most Rifles, with the exclusion of AS50 / M107 ECT. (Use common-sense here) - Which, in a way, is exactly what it is designed to do in the natural Human Body, as-per the 'Fight or Flight' response, releasing large quantities of dopamine direct to the Body which in-turn increase's muscle respiration time, effectively giving more Strength & allowing the person to feel less pain

I'm sure we've all had that moment where you're in, say, a Fist-Fight & you're hit in the Jaw, breaking it, yet feel no pain - even quite some time after the incident. Same goes with shots from anything from a Pistol to a low-calibre Rifle. There are thousands of accounts from Servicemen saying they'd been shot in the arm, leg, even chest (Without hitting vital organs, of course) & felt no pain or changes, aside from slight decrease in movement (Which itself could be implemented, ie: If you've taken the Adrenaline Shot, although you take less damage you're still able to have fractures / go unconscious as normal after you've been shot quite a lot)

I'd like it implemented, but much different to what you're all thinking of. Personally, I'd prefer if it simply allowed you to take, as an example, 25% Less damage from most Rifles, with the exclusion of AS50 / M107 ECT. (Use common-sense here) - Which, in a way, is exactly what it is designed to do in the natural Human Body, as-per the 'Fight or Flight' response, releasing large quantities of dopamine direct to the Body which in-turn increase's muscle respiration time, effectively giving more Strength & allowing the person to feel less pain

Thing is with that, is that in order to make it a usable and fair mechanic, you'd have to have the server save the damage you don't take because of the adrenaline and add it on to the player after a set time, eg 5 minutes. This potentially means a lot of processing power and resources wasted on timers that don't really serve much purpose, and aren't a key implementation of the game. So for what it's worth, that kind of method for adrenaline wouldn't be very viable, but still a nice suggestion. :)

Ah! See, you can reduce that processing power by simply making the Adrenaline shots themself very difficult to find (Perhaps use the current algorithm used in the spawning on Anti-Biotic's, or heighten it moreso if that too is low). Atop of reducing the possible risk of using far too much Server RAM / Processing power, It'd also make it an emergency-use only Item, perhaps stock piled by a Clan or Group before a large raid on a known Camp ECT. with Members of the targeted Clan online. As I see it, I was amazed it wasn't already in the game to begin with. It has the potential to be quite the sought-after Item, nearing the Mtn. Dew area of Items along with adding many various possibilities during PvP scenarios.

I think putting these in the game and making them super rare would be awesome, the idea is that if you use this on a corpse that had died in the last 2-3 mins they can be revived with minimum blood and bleeding. My clan got caught in a firefight up near stray sober last weekend and the server decided to restart before he could get back to his body he lost a few weeks of gear and we diddnt have much room to pick up his things

http://www.livestron...s-oxygen-brain/

As stated above...dead is dead...you may be able to reanimate someone but it will need more than just an epi shot.

Edited by Enforcer