griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

i think the standalone should have the option of being on a team like wasteland but if people didn't want to be on a team they didn't have too.

i think the standalone should have the option of being on a team like wasteland but if people didn't want to be on a team they didn't have too.

I don't know if it will fit well if there were icons showing where your groupmembers are. But armbands and other clothing aspects that can identify your group are badly needed in my opinion.

I really dont think we are going to get a release before summer, which makes me sad

I want to see the face of people who fires a m107 sniper in the forest thinking its safe, then run from horde to nowhere :D

Yeah this is the key to normalize the PvP and make engaging other players have much more risk involved. Hopefully the metagaming possibilities with regards to tracking zombie spawns/movement patterns will be tougher.

The best thing for the game will be making a random kill of a fresh spawn carry significant risk from the environment itself.

You know what's lamer? A rushed game that fails to deliver. Put your big boy pants on, find something else to do and when the time comes you'll be happy they took their time.

You talk big. Trying to boost morale?

On the minecraft model, it's "rushed" game that's played during the development. Nice comeback anyway, At this stage the game is far from rushed.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

I spend generally 1 month on a map, sometimes longer if on ones like taviana. I have spent a lot less on AAA games released which were billed the next best thing.

Playing DayZ in different ways allows you to get more from the Game. Which for me extends the game for a lot longer also. team play is one of the best things about the game, Lone wolf gameplay adds a claustrophobic element to the game. No other game out there can match this (Xcept Arma 2)

I have not seen any game in production which will steal DayZ's fire. there is nothing coming up (for me) that I want to play.

there is nothing coming up (for me) that I want to play.

I Can't wait for GTA5 "GOTY 2013" Next to DayZ SA

You talk big. Trying to boost morale?

On the minecraft model, it's "rushed" game that's played during the development. Nice comeback anyway, At this stage the game is far from rushed.

Minecraft model was when they were simply making a basic game of DayZ that removed the need to have the mod for Arma II.

From the dev blogs and interview. That is obviously not the case anymore. Not to mention a buggy version will get DayZ torn apart in the media.

WarZ ruined ANY chance of a public "Play this buggy stuff and tell me what needs fixin first" What we will play will be low feature and low bug instead of high feature high bug the closed test team will get to mess with. That is the reality of things and whining about it won't help.

Just let Rocket and the crew take their time, it is pretty hard to make a good game like DayZ to over 1,000,000 players.

i dont like the third person view. its like wallhack -.-

They have already tackled that issue with a simple yet cunning ploy, so it's now not half as useful.

L

• Like 1

They have already tackled that issue with a simple yet cunning ploy, so it's now not half as useful.

L

I haven't read anything about it? Care to elaborate, my donkey friend?

Edit: Actually, I read about how it isnt something you can switch to instantly, is that what you mean?

Edited by klesh

Hello there

Sorry for being vague, my brain is small and I had other things going on here in the grid.

Yes, the more complex switch time will render the 3rd person useless in may situations where it was "exploited".

It doesnt eliminate it being used but cuts down on its ease of use drastically.

Again, apologies.

Rgds

LoK

I really dont think we are going to get a release before summer, which makes me sad

Your avatar disagrees

Reading the latest rocket chat interview by shannon, i even doubt that the standalone will be released this year lol.

Q: Do you think we will see any kind of leveling for your character?

A: We feel pretty strongly (definitely I do) that the levelling you do in DayZ is your gear, perhaps the different thing about DayZ is that.. I think Zero Punctuation put it very well when he said the great equalizer in DayZ is you can suddenly turn around and kill someone and take all their gear if you are lucky or skilled and it's not that you have won because you are a higher level. So I don't think we are ever going to have any type of levelling, we are always going to have this focus on the gear being your levelling and I think that's a really cool direction to go. I really want to see us develop more of the character side of it, that is our focus for the next few months, reinforcing the sense of character and beyond that we will look towards end-game content like customizable vehicles towards the middle of the year, stealing another cars bonet because you need a new one or want a different colour etc. At the moment the vehicle system will do exactly like it does in the mod just better performance but later on towards the middle of the year will be heavily customizable and then towards the end of the year providing the game has been successful we can start doing huge things like underground instanced construction.

So if they are still working on the game mid year, i only see SA being released in 2014 to be honest.

Edited by Kumando

So if they are still working on the game mid year, i only see SA being released in 2014 to be honest.

he said he want to use the minecraft model.

so i think we can buy and play a alpha version of the game which is equal to the Mod but with better grafics and other interface.

and with the time he will update the game with more content like bases.

just like it was done with minecraft.

so i think we can buy and play a alpha version of the game which is equal to the Mod but with better grafics and other interface.

I have to disagree. I see that people would buy the Dayz standalone if it was released to be much like the mod at first, but what's the point if it's nearly exactly the same?

Guys remember that in development there are many branches of a game in development. Just because they are working on something does not mean it has to make it to early public versions. It was already stated that closed testing involves just a few weapons and features for framework testing.

They are going to be developing the game throughout 2013. The first public version will come FAR sooner. My guess is March or April.

If you have been following the tumblrs you see that dean hall took the game in a different direction, he no longer wants to make an improved version of the mod, but he wants to completly rewrite the game engine from scratch,so this will delay the game for months or even years.

Edited by Kumando

Hello there

Here's a legitimate question on the SA.

Will the infected become out of breath as players do, one would think as they are infected that they would be generally unhealthy?

Rgds

LoK

If you have been following the tumblrs you see that dean hall took the game in a different direction, he no longer wants to make an improved version of the mod, but he wants to completly rewrite the game engine from scratch,so this will delay the game for months or even years.

He also said most updates will come post-launch. Beta is not far.

I'm not impressed with what I've seen from all the updates. Screenshots look no better than the mod. I don't understand the "wow" factor people write about it, when it's pretty much the same thing. Maybe I've some untrained eye but the "Day Z vs Standalone" Comparison screenshot looks like the brightness was turned down some, and the Standalone has an additional structure/road it looked like. Wow! Seriously people...

Some of my cons.

- No real character progression other than gear... which is the only way we "progress" in the mod.

- A disease system that I cannot see adding to the gameplay in anyway shape or form. Yeah great, I just took some boots off a dead guy and now I have some deadly virus. That's going to be as lame as breaking a leg walking through a doorway.

- Release date, to which everyone thought was nearly concrete of Dec 2012. Now a "we don't know." So, before we were under the impression we would be getting a work in progress game. Now should we assume we are going to be getting a basic polished/ready to go version?

Some of my pros.

+ Customizable weapons, clothing, and persons. This is kind of "standard" in any game, honestly. People want to personalize and make things their own. Finding that new baseball cap and getting a tattoo is not really progression however. (See con above)

+ Mad Max styled vehicles. This is another as to be expected in this type of game, just happy it'll be added (maybe). Though who knows if we will ever get it.

+ MMO Server Architiect I sincerely hope that along with this we will be getting official Day Z-only servers. Characters are dedicated to those servers/worlds like in typical MMOs and no community servers. I really doubt this will happen though and it'll be another... same as we have deal except how the "Data" is handled.

• Like 1

This is so not true in any way shape or form. Going standalone and getting access to the Arma engine, and tweaking it was the goal from the start. Nothing is being rewritten from scratch. Day Z Standalone, minus some engine tweaks (adding new features from take on helicopters, and Arma 3. Removing Arma 2's tactical AI and optimizing the engine to suit "Day Z") is going to be very similar to Day Z Mod.