griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

If what you're saying could be said at any point in development and still make sense, it's not an update. Imagine being the supervisor asking your employee "how soon until you're done?" and for months they keep telling you "Almost done"... but it never seems to get anywhere. Are you still satisfied with the answer? No.

The same can be said about the last 'update' we got from Rocket. We need some information so that we can at least get a basic grasp over how long the delay will be. I can understand that he is stressed about the project and taking a break is fine by me (everybody needs one) but the next time he gives us some information, let it be something of substance instead of something you could have printed on a stamp and reuse for years to come. We don't need development details or estimations (let us make those), but at least say something to the tune of "We weren't satisfied with the level of polish on some of the new features so we decided to delay to make the game everything it should be." or something along those lines.

What you want him to say?

If he says "soon."

You'll say "how soon."

If he says "It's going fine."

You'll say "How fine."

I guess you'll either have to accept what he posted on reddit, just before he went home to NZ to see his family and friends or you can continue with your semantics, about exactly how many words you demand, which wont make a difference, because it's not up to Rocket, but to you, yourself to manage your own impatience.

But welcome to the forums, maybe you're impulse control will imrove with time, like ours did.

What you want him to say?

If he says "soon."

You'll say "how soon."

If he says "It's going fine."

You'll say "How fine."

I guess you'll either have to accept what he posted on reddit, just before he went home to NZ to see his family and friends or you can continue with your semantics, about exactly how many words you demand, which wont make a difference, because it's not up to Rocket, but to you, yourself to manage your own impatience.

But welcome to the forums, maybe you're impulse control will imrove with time, like ours did.

Well that was condescending. I've been playing DayZ since release, and have been browsing these forums since then as well. Welcome to the forums.. you must be a big deal. You clearly did not read my post whatsoever because I told you what I wanted him to say. It's not impatience it's simply a request for more tangible information, which is a reasonable and rational expectation. As I said, I do not expect to know release dates so "how soon" and "how fine" are not questions I would hypothetically ask because that is not what I was inferring in my above paragraph ...that would imply that I am looking for a progression report - which I'm not. All I'm looking for is reasons for the delay.

Edited by CDriVe1335
  • Like 5

I just figure the reason was, because DayZ wasn't ready for release yet.

I don't see how a progression report, stating the game is 90% or 94% ready for release, will offer any guarantees for an accurate ETA. Why waste time on hand holding, when no matter what Rocket will release will either be interpreted as:

A. Rocket has sold out to big business(Bohemia Interactive).

B. Rocket is doing the best he can.

Edited by Dallas

I don't think anyone is seriously going to say Rocket sold out. Especially considering that SA is most likely going to be far cheaper to start than Arma II CA.

Just want to be told that development continues really. Even if it gets delayed to summer I will still say then.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

• Like 1

Or there's the 3rd type that just fucks everything up but still won't quit (not mentioning any names, you know who you are).

Hint: YOU'RE WINNER!!!

am I the only one who was excited when he saw the new post in annoucements?... hoped on a bit of info.. but yeah... meh

There was news, just in case you missed it.

Missed nothing mate. My point still stands. YOUR running a Business, when you miss a deadline YOU created and said "MUST be met, not has to " over and over in Q&A's, then have the decency to announce that, not bury your head in the Sand and look up occasionally hoping nobody noticed. As I said it's a business, not even interested in the Kiddies stating wow its Holidays, we all deserve a Holiday. Take 10 Seconds announce you couldnt make the deadline, Thats it.... WE all would understand....dead simple

• Like 2

I agree that news would be lovely but frankly until we've paid some money for DayZ we're in no position to demand anything.

• Like 1

Shit, the worst feeling ever is when you want something a lot and can't do anything about it. FUCKING NOTHING! T_T

Edited by Kpekep2

I think Rocket's PR is run by some 16yo childs, like the mods on the forums. (yes you Fraggle)

0 communication, any information, failed expectations and deadlines (made by Rocket itself

), good job.

Oh w8, i forgot BI is still cashing ArmA II on Steam, so we have to wait till that's sale is over before we get any announcement. Am I rite?

It's obvious Rocket has some deals with BI, and that 1 would be pretty usual. But he's such a hero in the community, blind fools defend him no matter what and follow him in the dark, nobody would expect he would do that, so he just sits quiet and says nothing to not start a shitstorm. (Also look at he's latest tweets, what are they about? Yeah go figure.)

So yeah, 5th (or later) announcement incoming.

Edited by k3lt
  • Like 3

@k3lt - Why are you feeling the need to insult me? Care to elaborate?

I'm not, just stating my opinion.

Also my profile says i have Excellent opinion, why would you accuse me of insulting. Dawg?

Edited by k3lt

If you have an issue with me or any of the other mods then PM me. Back on topic.

Edit - I remember you! you're the guy that likes to troll me.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Its not about wether its a good decision or not. Its just not professional to claim a release date, and when you look at his older interviews he seemed to be really sure about it, and postpone it without an official word or announcement to the community.

if he just stated a news like "hey, we changed to much to get it done until decembre, im really tired right now, taking a break for holiday " it wouldve been ok , because everyone knows that setting back dates is normal in game dev business.

again, its not about the fact that its delayed but rather about the circumstances and the lack of official information. i had to dive through heaps of posts on the forum to find out that its actually delayed or lets say really likely to be delayed, because they never really said it out loud. or did i miss anything ?

• Like 4

We all like to troll you Fraggle. WURST MOD INDY WURLD! :D

Back to SA talk...

As of right now, Arma 2 supports a surrender animation that is not bound to a key by default. If you have no weapons and use the animation, the player puts their hands on their head and stays that way, similar to saluting. However, if you use the animation when you have a weapon, the animation plays and promptly ends, with you going back to your gun.

If Day Z could have a function where the surrender function was bound by default and playing the animation caused you to also drop your weapons at your feet, then this could help with a reduction of shoot-on-sight banditry and an increase of robbery banditry. This does not help solve the issue of disconnectors, but if everyone was aware of the surrender key and it actually caused you to drop your weapons, then perhaps bandits wouldn't be so afraid of trying to rob a player instead of just popping them.

I, for one, really really think this should be something addressed in the Standalone. It'd be such a game changer. OPINIONS?

• Like 3

Its not about wether its a good decision or not. Its just not professional to claim a release date, and when you look at his older interviews he seemed to be really sure about it, and postpone it without an official word or announcement to the community.

if he just stated a news like "hey, we changed to much to get it done until decembre, im really tired right now, taking a break for holiday " it wouldve been ok , because everyone knows that setting back dates is normal in game dev business.

again, its not about the fact that its delayed but rather about the circumstances and the lack of official information. i had to dive through heaps of posts on the forum to find out that its actually delayed or lets say really likely to be delayed, because they never really said it out loud. or did i miss anything ?

I agree.

Missed nothing mate. My point still stands. YOUR running a Business, when you miss a deadline YOU created and said "MUST be met, not has to " over and over in Q&A's, then have the decency to announce that, not bury your head in the Sand and look up occasionally hoping nobody noticed. As I said it's a business, not even interested in the Kiddies stating wow its Holidays, we all deserve a Holiday. Take 10 Seconds announce you couldnt make the deadline, Thats it.... WE all would understand....dead simple

The point still stands, he stated what may happen if things did not go to plan, Things did not go to plan! Dead simple!

I just want a pre-purchase option with limited edition. I want to cover my walls with posters, my fridge with beans, and my mind with DayZ SA.

Is it normal to miss something that does not already exist? I miss you, SA. I really do.

• Like 1

Is it normal to miss something that does not already exist? I miss you, SA. I really do.

ummmm

The point still stands, he stated what may happen if things did not go to plan, Things did not go to plan! Dead simple!

If things did not go to plan, then you make announcement why, and what's next. Yeah dead simple.

• Like 1

I just want a pre-purchase option

I don't get why people keep saying this. There isn't going to be a physical copy of the game. It's being released on Steam. It will only be on there when they decide to release it, and you pay and download on the spot.

Hello there

Some folk just like to have items/merchandise etc from a game they love. I think a merch bundle would be nice for those who crave extra's.

Rgds

LoK

did read that rocked dude is "depressed" for that WarZ travesty. Guess his game is as shitty at the moment it would make people go apeeshit if sold on steam. :D Would explain recent lack of news/annoucements. Dunno what he was thinking when he promised standalone for christmas sale. Got feeling release isnt even close.