griffinz

DayZ Standalone Discussion

So far we're 8 days past the original very ambitious ETA.

I agree a release in the next 8 days is way too optimistic too.

But c'mon what are you basing a 8-9 months delay on?

Edited by Dallas

I know exactly where this is going, and I am not getting drawn in. Anyways, thoughts on the fact that we will not have to worry about Microtransactions for the SA!

I think microtransactions are optional for any game that has them. I'm not sure why people get upset when a game has the option. It doesn't bother me if a game has microtransactions because I simply don't buy them.

So far we're 8 days past the original very ambitious ETA.

I agree a release in the next 8 days is way too optimistic too.

But c'mon what are you basing a 8-9 months delay on?

I quoted what I'm basing my delay on. They were going to release a standalone version of the game that was modified slightly from just the mod, 'packaged simply and sold', and now they are redeveloping the engine completely. The inventory system has been completely overhauled and now there's talk about new features such as disease tracking and locational item damage.

As the devs become more comfortable with making the game their own rather than a modified version of the mod for stand-alone use, they will start coming up with more complex ideas on how to enhance the game experience. With those ideas comes time to code and bug fix. All of this adds up to longer development time and more cost. That's where my delay figure comes from.

And this my friends is what is called 'feature creep'. I put a public test version of DayZ standalone at June at the earliest, with an actual retail release late Fall of 2013. Don't hold your breath waiting for this one.

This has to be true since I read it on the interweb. Tell me more about your unsubstantiated theories about this game.

• Like 2

This has to be true since I read it on the interweb. Tell me more about your unsubstantiated theories about this game.

Not unsubstantiated. I get this from following production timelines of many other games and the statements made by the development team in the most recent update.

Not unsubstantiated. I get this from following production timelines of many other games and the statements made by the development team in the most recent update.

Sounds legit, tell me who killed JFK and where Obama was born now. Your ideas are intriguing and you speak like someone who has special inside (voices) information.

• Like 1

Sounds legit, tell me who killed JFK and where Obama was born now. Your ideas are intriguing and you speak like someone who has special inside (voices) information.

Why are you attacking me for having an informed opinion? If you don't agree, that's fine, but this open hostility isn't necessary.

Adding nine months based on so little seems groundless at this point.

Why are you attacking me for having an informed opinion? If you don't agree, that's fine, but this open hostility isn't necessary.

Messing with you man, if that is hostility to you then I greatly admire the life you have led so far where someone making fun of you slightly is hostility. The reason I am messing with you is because you are jumping to conclusions with zero proof. I could point to his statements of testing these architecture changes and the fact that closed testing is right around the corner but unless I suddenly work for BI my opinion is just as useless.

Edit: Fine I was being a dick, but your view still lacks any proof.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Messing with you man, if that is hostility to you then I greatly admire the life you have led so far where someone making fun of you slightly is hostility. The reason I am messing with you is because you are jumping to conclusions with zero proof. I could point to his statements of testing these architecture changes and the fact that closed testing is right around the corner but unless I suddenly work for BI my opinion is just as useless.

Nah, you're not messing with me. You're just saying that to make yourself look better. You're being a dick. But that's ok, because you have the right to be a dick.

Call me on my incorrect prediction when DayZ standalone is available with locational equipment damage and disease tracking in February. I say it won't be ready until the end of the year.

Nah, you're not messing with me. You're just saying that to make yourself look better. You're being a dick. But that's ok, because you have the right to be a dick.

Call me on my incorrect prediction when DayZ standalone is available with locational equipment damage and disease tracking in February. I say it won't be ready until the end of the year.

I found the funny side of what he said.

anyway enough of that lets stay on topic fella's

• Like 1

I found the funny side of what he said.

anyway enough of that lets stay on topic fella's

Yes. Anyways, I wonder if we will get gorey death animations! No zombie game is without such!

You've got every right to attempt to predict a 9 months delay, but we're just pointing out it's pure speculation. If Rocket is forced to cancel his Everest climb, then you might have grounds. But it's way too early to add 9 months, out of the blue.

Yes. Anyways, I wonder if we will get gorey death animations! No zombie game is without such!

Yeah i would love to see limbs being blown off when you hit them with large calibre equipment...

• Like 3

Yeah i would love to see limbs being blown off when you hit them with large calibre equipment...

Or limbs torn off yer character as one is devoured by the undead.

We got the right sound files already, as ya know, we hear our characters screaming when they lay there being eaten. Just need the right animations xD

ESBR may have a say in how much gets censored however e.e

Edited by zfleming12

Beaten to death with the soggy end of your dismembered arm. Nasty....

Zombie: Quit hitting yourself and dying! Quit hitting yourself and dying!

I just shat myself when I heard about Matt telling you guys about the report regards to virology. I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS! A decent price as well! Right I need to get to work on saving for my gaming rig so I can enjoy this game!

CHEERS YOU MAGNIFICENT TEAM!

All of the info from the announcement sounds great so far. I wonder what isn't going so well for the dev team, or what they are having the most difficulty with.

Death in DayZ the mod I believe does not bring enough consequence because a player can easily respawn in order to run to their body, run to their tent, get a more desirable spawn etc. This is something that I feel raises that game vs realism topic and is something that would be hard to asdress without large consequences to the player (like waiting 10 mins to log onto a sever after death). It is something that has not stopped me playing dayz for the past half year or in the future as I often enjoy doing it. However I wonder how many more potential experiences I could have had if every life was treated like my last.

I can see this issue arriving when it is just better for a player to respawn when they've caught cholera and run back to their tent rather then being forced to go out and find a cure. Players would have to comply in all situations as death has a greater consequence.

The new inventory system sounds very well done! I like how professional the people who work on this game are. They're thoroughly testing it.

My two cents? People need to just chill out. It's a game, and it will get here when it gets here. There are other things for you to do in the mean time. Like say, complete the actual ArmAII game on Veteran? Play the ACE mod? TL:R anyone? I've probably spent 3x the amount of time on TL:R as DayZ and had loads of fun. There is more to ArmA then DayZ, and if you spend all of your time waiting around for it thinking it will be an end all to your gaming needs, you're going to be very disappointed.

Edited by Glass1

Twitter:

Well, I'm actually expecting the standalone to be released mid-April, around 1 year after the mod release.

well I sure hope its before that.... I'll be on my way to Mt Everest from 1 April - 1 June :) So that's a good clue

Keep this in mind before predicting 8-9 months before the SA is released...

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

There needs to be an in land city in the middle of the map, until then I'll never walk away from Elektro and Cherno because that is where the fun is to be had.

Well there and Factory, for some reason there is always like a 10 person shoot out there which I don't ever get as factory has nothing in it.

You will walk away from there if you cant find any food ;)

The only thing that scares me is all the script bugs\hacks just like in mod right now.Will there be security improvement?Cuz the most major problem is hackers that ruin any multiplayer game of any type.I even managed to play some warZ while waiting for standalone,first few days i was hating on the game but right now i kinda enjoy it except the time when i meet an aimbotter guy.So the question is : how's it goin with anticheats and all that stuff to protect legit players from all the hackers\cheaters\scripters?