Pomegranate

Don't even make third-person an option for DayZ standalone

First person view only has a 75 degree view. Most humans can see up to 110-160 degrees, so it is only fair to have third person.

Now quit your bitching, my trigger finger is itching.

-The Aquatic Land Walrus

Third person only has a 75 degree field of view. This is completely unrealistic compared to a human's ~110+ degree field of view.

Third person is to limiting and MUST be removed. We should be playing DayZ from the map screen as a real-time strategy game with automatic spotting and aiming.

No keep 3d view, Ban 1st person view, this only attracts fps fans and most (Emphasis on most) are short span gamers. DayZ is a game that requires longer attention span of a game, so if there is no 1st person view, it might not attract COD/BF gamers (U plants)

wtfamireading.jpg

Easy, I sit back and read silly comments like this every week, take this out, put that in, yet half of you havent played the game/Mod, and those who have played have played for a few hours. Some of you are all waiting for the SA and havent got a clue what you are on about. Then theres the other few who are here from Warzzzzzzz hiding out because your beloved game sucks cock. Let's not forget those who died in game because of a feature and then come on here to moan like schoolgirls (Which is what OP sounds like)

Play for a while longer and you'll see it dosen't really matter nor does it offer any real advantage a experienced player can not play around (I consider it a challenge to play people, them in 3DP and me 1st person view)

There was a reason for 3rdPV in the game, do some research and find it (I cant remember rockets comments but it was, Hint, peripheral senses) You have to remember this is a game, let some elements be used wether they are "REAL" or not.

Bottom of story, Leave it in, let players choose. Simples!

I think Rocket chose to leave it in because it allows you have an almost 180 degree FOV similar to that in real life. Can't remember where he said it though think it was on reddit a while back. Also I find it humorous how people make such a big deal of it being an advantage when it isn't, sure it allows people to see over walls and around corners without exposing themselves but everyone has the same ability allowing everyone to use it. The simple fact is that if you don't like it play first person only or go onto a server with first person only. It seems that all that this thread is is people continuously whinging that it should be in or it shouldn't be in. The way they have it now caters to eveyone. Don't like 3rd person? Go to a first person server. Like 3rd person? Stay on the normal servers and for the love of god. Stop bitching

I was being silly, But Please lemme apologise to Jar, I get excited sometimes and this thread topic gets me wierdo all the time, I knew not if you were a woman nor man. I meant no disrespect nor did i intend for others to not have an opinion. Just being silly sometimes can lighten the mood.

It appears my supernatural powers are massive, if i gave an accurate description, I only meant you sounded like!

Have an opinion by all means, I would never shoot anyone down for that.

• Like 1

don´t pvp if you don´t like it, you don´t have to play pvp in dayz, it´s a fun surviving game...

don´t pvp if you don´t like it, you don´t have to play pvp in dayz, it´s a fun surviving game...

Yeah, that's totally stupid.

Avoiding PvP, a very large aspect of the game, is just going to hurt you in the long run.

The other players certainly won't care that you don't want to PvP, they shoot first and ask questions when you're a pile of zombie-chow on the ground.

• Like 1

I never use 3th person even if its enabled. I don't need this magic trick to survive.

So many encounters are shaped by the use of 3th person in a negative way.

I want to experience a situation with its real tactical implications... 3th makes something different out of it.

If people want to use it for travelling, fine. But there needs to be a camera adjustment when prone / next to a wall etc.

I have no prob to limit myself to first person only servers, but half of my group prefers 3th enabled...

This should have a high priority in the development in my POV.

• Like 1

i believe that 3rd person should not be taken out, if you want first person view find a first person server. that easy, instead of telling the devs to completly irraticate 3rd person, if you cant stand dying and losing gear to a sniper bandit or hackers obviously DayZ is not the game for you.

i believe that 3rd person should not be taken out, if you want first person view find a first person server. that easy, instead of telling the devs to completly irraticate 3rd person, if you cant stand dying and losing gear to a sniper bandit or hackers obviously DayZ is not the game for you.

The problem is they go to the servers with 3rd person enabled, then come here and bitch about it! Instead of populating a 1st person server where it is fair for them. They claim 1srt person servers are dead, just an excuse. They should just not goto servers with 3rd enabled... easy problem solved. But instead they want to act superior to those who prefer 3rd, it is simple stupidity IMO.

No.

Logically , you can't actually see things that you can't actually see , therefore , third person is illogical , as sweet and sexy as it may be .

It doesn't make pvp harder , only dumber .

I can avoid traps I shouldn't be able to see , avoid zombies I shouldn't be aware of , talk to people I shouldn't even know are there , and I can even know if they are a bandit armed to the teeth or a new spawn that is no threat , all without leaving the safe confines of the wall I am exploiting over .

I can even know the EXACT moment i am safe to move from cover , once I see the bandit shooting at me move to try and flank me .

I should be pinned in position by my fear of the unknown , that is how it should work , it's almost the only thing worth playing the game for .

To me , third person sounds dumber , not harder .

I see you have strong feelings about it. As do I, and I assure you third person makes it harder. Everything you just used to try back up your opinion of how third person makes the game dumber [read: easier] for you to get a kill makes the game harder for you to survive. Two players that know how to use third person will have a hard time killing each other unless one is stupid or one outsmarts the other.

You've also oversimplified everything but I'm not going to beat you up over it. I do find it interesting that you think you know exactly when it's safe to move from cover immediately after mentioning all players ability to look over walls or see around corners without exposing themselves.

Changing the core view people associate with DayZ would be a huge mistake.

Yeah, that's totally stupid.

Avoiding PvP, a very large aspect of the game, is just going to hurt you in the long run.

The other players certainly won't care that you don't want to PvP, they shoot first and ask questions when you're a pile of zombie-chow on the ground.

How does avoiding pvp hurt you? It's not always possible but it's not like we have to deathmatch in Elektro to have fun in DayZ.

And a lot of players do not shoot on sight. It's only the squiddies that do that and they're pretty easy to avoid.

OYGIz.jpg

• Like 1

Love how atleast 50% of the arguments against FP only is headbob and FOV, when these settings can be changed in the game. Faith in humanity lost...

I would never have thought that so many casual gamers would have picked up a game like DayZ, not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

What are your thoughts on nametags and waypoints, should these game changing features also be an option in the standalone?

Nametags I think are silly, they are a nooby way to spot players from distance + It also removes the use of Rangefinders because you can just scroll your mouse wheel and it tells you the range instantly.

Waypoints I think would be good if you could only use them when you have a GPS.

Ive played the original OFP back in the dayz B) and in a clan too.. we used 3rd person in clan matches and all, and for me its always been a crucial part of the game. With the slight clunkyness of a war sim, its a great feature. If some of you have played OFP you know that its not that different from Arma 2 atleast what comes to gameplay and the control you have over your character. So I consider it as a feature Ive gotten used to in the series, not an advantage or something like that.

So I recommend 2 option:

1st: They kinda did this in full spectrum warrior: You can look 'the world' in 3D (like now) but you cannot see any unit(Or item) beyond 1st person line of sight! Anything outside 1st person line of sight may be grayed out(Or blur, or fade, or what ever effect you can think off) to tell the player that they did not really see that point.

The FOV when in 3rd person isnt that crazy, IMO its not too unrealistic. And hey give me a break, dont you think blurring would make the game look unrealistic? If you invoke to realism dont suggest something that makes the game either look like shit, expose possible enemies as a spot that just gets blurred in distance while looking around in 3rd person or just 'blind' at times.

2nd: 'Almost' remove the 3rd person. The 'feeling'. Simulate survivor using their hand to feel around them. A 3rd person with limited vision of 2-3 meter and no color/light effect! Just plain 3D Model! Useful when looting at night! Because in reality, you would use your hand to feel stuff in the dark right?

:facepalm:

What a fool I was but I did buy OFP:DR for X360. Oh boy.. that was a horrible, unfinished game. And you know what? Ofcourse there werent 3rd person as it was for consoles, and it made the game feel like something very different in a bad way. If made simpler, even if only in the quantity of camera angles, the game is still one step closer to your everyday FPS. :|

I acknowledge the problem with empty 1st person servers but instead of taking away 3rd person from everyone, you just need to organize the 1st person players. Yeah its the anti-game but this anti-game is build on a game that has long roots with 3rd person, and taking it away does more harm than good.

• Like 1

1st person is the view through the eyes of the player

2nd would be the eyes of the opponent

3rd is behind the player

4th would i assume be behind the opponent

Both my self and my friend sometimes get movement sickness from this game, we don't suffer from it in real life but for some reason this game does that. I would like to keep with third person. If you want to play first person, go and choose a 1st person server. Thank you.

Both my self and my friend sometimes get movement sickness from this game, we don't suffer from it in real life but for some reason this game does that.

You, my friend, have been anti-gamed. ;)

keanu1_zpsd1fd2236.gif

Lmfao!

Edit: PS... I get motion sickness in prolonged FPV, with head bob off. I can't play this game drunk - I don't know why. Not kool locking us to FPV because you got your butt handed to you.

Edited by FinKone

funny how people say "no way, I want to play in third person because first person in this game makes me motion-sick"

Maybe fix first person instead, huh?

You people are just stuck in old ways. It's like you were playing with unlimited ammo because of database issues and now when it gets fixed you start crying about it how bad will it be to play with limited ammo.

• Like 1

Yeah, some of us get motion sickness with first person after 30 minutes of playing. We like our third person, thanks.

haha what ? motion sickness ? thats silly.. 3rd person really shouldnt be in the game considering the kind of game this is. I'm sure 3rd person view wont be in the next dayZ .. like the chap said who mnade the post it gives to much of an advantage. It has to go

It has to go..

its suppose to be a hardcore simulation. Think about it for fuck sake you can look over walls and trees and around corners of buildings...

I think people who want 3rd person perspective to stay are just the lazy fat kids

• Like 4

Motion sickness from a game? I can't understand how it's even possible to get that but seriously, it's like asking for an aimbot in CoD because you have arthritis in your wrists and can't aim as well...

Instead of having 3rd person as the only solution to your problems make it so you can disable whatever is causing your motion sickness in the first place... Like turning off head bobbing... OH WAIT, you already can!

/Thread.