MrBloodworth

You are listening to the wrong people Rocket.

No' date=' because of your responses. Now stop trying to derail the thread and shout down people you do not agree with.

[/quote']

I'm not derailing it. I'm trying to get a good answer that why is the change bad? Please tell me.

I'm not derailing it. I'm trying to get a good answer that why is the change bad? Please tell me.

My personal reasons are in the first post.

rocket keep the good work.

Yes, the patch is amazing!

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly' date=' those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Seriously, game was quite enjoyable before, now, its just an exercise in frustration with no fun to be had. I was really looking forward to this patch too, so was my group. Now we have no will to log in.

Its the wrong direction.

My suggestion to you, fix the zombie arggo range, and the loot spawns, and revert the starting equipment. Then we can all have fun again getting eaten and shot. Then you can get back work on features and systems that actually add value to the experience.

[/quote']

Your first mistake was thinking your own sense of entitlement trumps rockets right to do as he pleases.

You mentioned challenging, but it appears you only want your challenges lukewarm. before the patch I had 105 zombie kills, garnered in about 2 hours of gameplay. the zombies were an afterthought before, now they're the real deal.

You can't title a thread "You are listening to the wrong people" and expect a reasonable debate. You have already shown how closed minded you are. Saying that the people on the forums are a minority and you shouldn't listen to them.....in a forum thread....is a bit stupid.

They are a minority. You should take feedback from them, however, acting solely on that lone source is the mistake.

I said this already. In the OP.

the zombies were an afterthought before' date=' now they're the real deal.

[/quote']

Then fix the zombies. Like I said, I don't have an issues with the zombie changes ( LOS, hiding ), they are good, once the bugs are worked out. Add challenges to the game, not unneeded frustration.

My personal reasons are in the first post.

Yeah it says the mod is no fun and it is too hard for you basically.

Is that the reason? That you are too lazy to get better in the game?

Agreed! This game is too hard, Rocket should do away with even the possibility of dying. I mean us modernday gamers have become used to the game telling us to take cover when we're getting shot at and that cover regenerates health. Doesn't Rocket know challenging gameplay is very upsetting for today's gamers?!

If he keeps this up he'll never get an overpaid job making shooters for popular consoles!

whats with the bitching about the new patch, so what if it has bugs, like many say it is alpha and it is still playable! i managed to sneak into loads of places and get gear with out alerting one zed, re-think your game plan ffs!

Agreed! This game is too hard' date=' Rocket should do away with even the possibility of dying. I mean us modernday gamers have become used to the game telling us to take cover when we're getting shot at and that cover regenerates health. Doesn't Rocket know challenging gameplay is very upsetting for today's gamers?!

[/quote']

No one said this.

Yeah, some people can still sneak around and do some stuff... But I bet they take 5x more time doing so. In the end, this is a game, and people who have other responsabilities in life don't have the time to cope with completely cruel and frustrating changes. Spend 4 hours to sneak in town and grab a can of beans? Something that before would take less than an hour? Where's the fun in that? Specially since that would be ruined by a zombie attacking you through a wall without you noticing it?

We get the point that there's some very hardcore masochist gamers here, who are delighted to be overwhelmingly kicked in their balls. But I don't think this mod is intended for the extremes. Not for COD fans, but neither for the 0,1%.

The update is OK, There are a Few bugs but It's alpha QQ More. Man up and get a better weapon to fight zombies off.

We get the point that there's some very hardcore masochist gamers here' date=' who are delighted to be overwhelmingly kicked in their balls. But I don't think this mod is intended for the extremes. Not for COD fans, but neither for the 0,1%.

[/quote']

No, that's exactly what its about. This is the second time I've posted this article today.

"I didn't want any sense of balance at all. I wanted it to be an anti-game"

Dean "Rocket" Hall

link

My advice, is to only play when you have the time to. Don't fuck up a game that fills a small gaming niche. You've got your casual games, can we at least have this one?

Give the new patch's to the big Arma clan's to test before the rest of us, at least you'll get a real bug report... :) instead of all these post's saying it's broke etc... :)

I sometimes feel like Day Z should be renamed d-ALPHA-y Z.

I'm still enjoying this mod immensely, I don't like the way the OP says Day Z is now being made to cater to people who 'would like to shock balls on death' like that is a bad thing.

Honestly maybe that's what the fans want, if so more power to them.

To each their own I always say.

I was on last night to see the initial reports and most of the posts were OMFG this shit is bugged. Which leads me to believe that no one play tested this patch before release.

Read the threads people, Bloodworth is on the job.

I had no issue dodging zombies. making a friend and getting gear from nothing but a makarov. It's like people can't learn to adapt or something.

I was on last night to see the initial reports and most of the posts were OMFG this shit is bugged. Which leads me to believe that no one play tested this patch before release.

Read the threads people' date=' Bloodworth is on the job.

[/quote']

Wait... aren't we the testers?

Next week the game will prolly change again. Oh god you stupid people, why dont you get this mod is changing constantly. Stop whining and start adapting. The effort you invest in writing such rage threads is not worth it. Because the game changes next week anyway. pathetic.

Zombies need to be this hard, BUT, the current way torches are handled is borked to say the least.

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly' date=' those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Seriously, game was quite enjoyable before, now, its just an exercise in frustration with no fun to be had. I was really looking forward to this patch too, so was my group. Now we have no will to log in.

Its the wrong direction.

My suggestion to you, fix the zombie arggo range, and the loot spawns, and revert the starting equipment. Then we can all have fun again getting eaten and shot. Then you can get back work on features and systems that actually add value to the experience.

[/quote']

What the hell is the problem with releasing a patch on a Saturday? That part just made no sense. And rocket can only listen to those on the forums because no one else seems to give him info. It doesn't help for them to post on other forums. The forums are here specifically so people can tell the devs what they like and what needs to change. If people aren't going to post their problems in an area that's easy for rocket to access, then they're just wasting everyone's time. Besides, the whole thing is still in Alpha. That means your job, and anyone else's job who plays this, is to find bugs and report them. Not to bitch because you got killed by a bandit on the beach, or it's too dark at night. All of that is secondary right now.

I know it's an Alpha but I will not test the 1.7.1 patch because it is not fun. Revise it a little and fix the bugs and I will start "testing" again.

I know it's an Alpha but I will not test the 1.7.1 patch because it is not fun. Revise it a little and fix the bugs and I will start "testing" again.

Okay. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

It would help a lot if you did play and report all the bugs you find so that they can fix them. It's not testing when you just play it. :P