Sign in to follow this  
rossums

What is DayZ to you?

To me DayZ is a zombie survival shooter.

The survival element as well as the zombie element and obviously the shooting is all very important.

I see loads and loads of servers completely ruining the 'survival' aspect of DayZ with servers containing loadouts, 100+ vehicles, 5+ choppers and loads of other additions that to me are extremely gamebreaking and just not what DayZ should be about.

I like DayZ at its base level, without all the modifications that loads of people seem to add to their servers that cheapen the game for me.

What do you find important - what is DayZ to you?

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 1

Sounds like 2017 is the mod for you.

I like the 2017 mod personally. But I also see no problem with the regular servers, or other maps with lots of vehicles etc.

Play on the server/mod you like.

Runner simulator of corse. On a real note. I would just say Zombie survial. I mean guns are there to but you dont have to have a gun. You can just have a hatchet or nothing at all! Dayz is what you make it and I love it just the way it is!

Edited by Mastabuds
  • Like 3

Sounds like 2017 is the mod for you.

I like the 2017 mod personally. But I also see no problem with the regular servers, or other maps with lots of vehicles etc.

Play on the server/mod you like.

I'm fine with DayZ - there are plenty of servers that are perfectly good to play.

I am just trying to find out why people want to play on servers where you can't move anywhere without finding vehicles and starting with loads of high-end guns.

I really don't see the point as there are many other sandbox games where you can drive cars around - just wondering why people ply DayZ but take away one of the main game aspects.

PVP death-match with drunken hobo's chasing you.

• Like 3

It's a social game theory simulator. Put 50 people in a huge combined wilderness/urban setting with no rules other than survival and no equipment other than what they can find. See what they do.

I disagree with the anti-high vehicle server crowd. Not like 1400 vehicles, but enough where I can find a ride to the next town if I need it. I know some would prefer a Bear Grylls style survival game, but to me the vehicle aspect is just as important. The show's called Walking Dead, not Walking Everyone.

A jack session in the woods amongst raging mythbuster look alike zeds coupled with a fresh rain and walk along the coast.

Hello there

The game/mod, to me, is what I want to make of it at any particular time/mood.

I too am not a person who want everything handed to me on a plate, but then again I'm not really a fan of zombies (I know, I'm a heretic :) )

The mix of my favourite sim and persistence of my character is what I love. It harks a little back to the best OFP campaign where each mission left you with the kit you could scavange and gave a sense of real character progression.

Dean somehow managed to get the balance "right", although individual aspects had been covered by previous mods, hence the virality of DAYZ over other mods.

Sometimes i'm in a pvp mood and other times (and mostly) I'm in a coop pve mood.

The beauty of arma is that it lets you "play your way" and that feature really comes through in the mod.

Those "easy" servers don't appeal to me, so I simply won't play on 'em as I won't play on any sever with settings that don't suit me.

My preferred experience is towards the original feel of DAYZ where most folk were inherently helpful with a scattering of Bandidts (who were in a definite minority) and it was us vs the zeds/environment and the occasional nutter.

Rgds

LoK

I fell in love with dayz as a survival game. sure there ARE zombies, but as well all know they aren't a real threat compared to players.

I liked having to decide what to do with X gear and only Y space in my inventory, where every choice I made was crucial on food/weapons/ammo.

I also enjoyed setting up a camp and carving out a piece of the world as our own, something to call home and defend, even a false sense of security at times !!!

The problem with private servers having 100+ vehicles, dozens of choppers and even tanks is because no one enjoyed walking/running for 3 hours. Dying meant so much more when you were in a base 3+ hours from the coast. Adding too many vehicles on private servers has created this PVP deathmatch which hopefully SA can learn from.

In general I view each item as a point system and having multiple tents with gear and various cars adds to my standpoint of "winning" compared to people using the debug menu and their player kill count.

Dayz is a mod developed by the Government to assess the chances of survival as realistic as possible.

The whole purpose is for depreciation of overpopulation. If the development of the mod is complete the standalone will be released.

Then the Zombie-virus will be spread over the world.

• Like 2

it was meant to be played on one public hive, but haxors fuct that all up

at first I really liked the long term survival aspects. but tents/cars not saving, disappearing servers, and scriptsters ruined a lot of that for me. now I've just become another pvp'er. :shrug: I'm hoping 1.7.5 breaths some new life into the mod

in reality what it did was introduce a bunch of people to Arma 2

I too am not a fan of the easy servers that hand everything on a plate. Sucks that the large majority out there seem to be that way but each to their own. I like the survival aspect scavenging what i can find and just trying to survive. Its what stands this game apart from many other games and makes me more attached to both the experience and my character.

I'm still fairly new to the game so i never heard of 2017, will look it up :)

dayz to me is fun, just pure fun, reminds me of a slow bf where the game only ends when you die, and each life is a new adventure. I bought black ops (huge cod man) but havent bothered playing because I am so hooked on this game. Killing bambis, or bandits, choosing when I want to play nice and be a douche, all that is amazing for me. When I get board doing one thing, i can do another, hang out in cherno, electro, take a trip the the devils whatever etc...game doesnt get old for me, I love the other maps but chars is my main map because of everything it has to offer..

I too am not a fan of the easy servers that hand everything on a plate. Sucks that the large majority out there seem to be that way but each to their own. I like the survival aspect scavenging what i can find and just trying to survive. Its what stands this game apart from many other games and makes me more attached to both the experience and my character.

I predict there will be a great divide if Rocket releases the 'survival game' he has promised with the Standalone. not only are easy-mode servers popular, but cheating is also very popular

Its a Zombie Survival Shooter that really allows you to immerse yourself into the game.

Field running simulator 2013.

DayZ for me was awesome until I realised all the most intense and exciting elements that occur in DayZ don't really utilise any of the mechanics from the DayZ mod. I realised that all the game play elements I was enjoying in DayZ could be found in other mods like Wasteland for example, or just vanilla ARMA 2.

I work, I sleep, I play Dayz....and have some :beans: at some point! :D

Edited by Play

HUNGER GAMES BUT WITH ZOMBIES

I have to have good gear

kill people using skill and nice guns

play with friends

hunt and stalk my prey

get to the chopper

have a camp

have a laugh

troll