daish

It's Impossible to See at Night! - Other threads will be locked/deleted!

I can live with that...maybe a slight illumination to compensate for the existence of stars...the moon, etc.

But I don't see that as utterly unplayable as some have stated.

Sweet' date=' Less CoD Fanboys and more fun for me.

[/quote']

So far the CoD fanboys seem to be the ones who enjoy this patch the most.

I think we all need to chill out and realise that, as an early community, we are failing in doing these developers any justice.

The only thing we do is make rocket luagh because we rage about things that will easily change quick anyway. He already announced the fixes in 6 hours but i bet this wont stop people from making threads "OMG FIX THIS".

Dean "Rocket" Hall has said numerous times that he is just testing new things. Any feature in the game is subject to change. If it gets enough complaints, he'll probably change it. But it isn't going to "ruin" the game.

night time is altered by real time events in real life.. moon phases for prime example. a full moon allows us to see fairly clearly at night, anything less is pitch black in areas with no lights. pitch black is normal.

I think that video is proof that the new tone mapping does not work as intended on many systems, the sky is way too bright for the environment to be this dark.

Not really playable IMHO, though the flashlight makes it at least theoretically possible to play (flares were instadeath before), and nighttime game play differs from daytime play, you can forget fighting with any weapon that doesn't have a flashlight.

Obviously it is realistic to have dark nights, but not playable.

Protip: raise video driver gamma, looks better than arma 2 gamma anyway

you have;

Flares.

Chem Lights.

Flashlights.

Guns with flashlights.

pick one. its that simple.

you must like being shot in the head by bandits

the night is part of the game' date=' and as such NVGs should run the night, not who can turn their gamma up the highest and snipe Cherno, now the Kiddies can't sit on the hill outside Elektro and snipe until they get NVGs and a DMR, otherwise they are limited to engagements within aggro range. This patch + the beta patch were exactly what DayZ needed.

[/quote']

So in other words, don't play nighttime unless you have NVGs.

Dude, wake up and smell the coffee. Not even FLARES make for decent lighting anymore, I mean it. They don't light squat up because the recent changes took all semblance of lighting out. Now it's either perfectly red or black.

NVGs need to go, or we need to add STALKER-esque headlamps.

its unplayable tried playing a bit more with this new patch and its horrible i would rather go play a facebook game then DayZ

look for yourself

or do you just miss being able to do the gamma hack?

Could you please stop parroting that mistake. It was not a hack' date=' nor was it a glitch even. It was an unbalanced feature of the game that could be abused, you could argue it was an 'exploit' but I would personally not agree with that term either.

Calling people who changed their gamma hackers is just as stupid as people who respond to every complaint with "go back to CoD" as if they improve anything ever by saying it.

[/quote']

While I think you're just being a little crybaby, I do agree to some extent about night time. I've never experience outdoors nighttime to be anywhere near as dark as it is in the game. That's what ruins it for me.

sadly i have to agree.

So less stupid people bitching about game mechanics and pvp?

About time.

The fact of the matter is when it comes to the darkness the night is totally and unbearably unrealistic. You can see at night. People can see at night. In the pitch black you can see a little bit around you. Unless there are crazy amounts of cloud cover and you are in the middle of the forest, most people would be able to make their way around at night. Before this nerf there were nights with a full moon that were nice. You could sorta see in the distance but not exactly and you could make your way around a dark forest with a chem light or something.

This game is about realism? Realistically the night time is not this dark. If you say it is I wouldnt want to live where you do.

This is DayZ, not LIMBO with PvP, there is such a thing as moonlight, and anyone with some common sense can agree with that. So we have to choose between pandering to the 0.11% that have NVG and love to grief with them, or we make nighttime worth being in and listen to them whine about pandering to the actual fans of the game.

I have no problems with the nighttime, chemlights, flashlights and flares work just fine for me. The only downside I see is the transition (Twilight) between day and night is just way too short considering gametime runs in realtime 1:1 ratio.