Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

Why is it I always get killed anywhere on this giant map?

I can be anywhere on this map and there is only 5 people and I still somehow manage to bump into people out in the middle of a wooded area in the middle of the map. Like I'm always seen and instantly killed by someone with a sniper rifle, I can never see them and there is no reason for any one else to be there, not like a hot spot lol. I swear people have hacks or something cause I can be hidden 100% and suddenly I'm instant killed from far away.

So annoying I never find people first, they always seem to see me and they're always kitted out with amazing stuff.

The only times I have gotten attacked by someone in a place I wouldn't except to get attacked at were:

- I was running out of Novy Sobor, probably 2,5 km away from the coast and I get ambushed by 3 bandits.

-I was in a construction site near the east-coast, when a shooter with an M107 barely misses me. I was going prone and he took the shot. Believe me, that was insane. It had some kind of weird effect.

Then I run out in the woods, hearing small arms fire and the M107 going off about 10 times before they stop shooting.

The only times I have gotten attacked by someone in a place I wouldn't except to get attacked at were:

- I was running out of Novy Sobor, probably 2,5 km away from the coast and I get ambushed by 3 bandits.

-I was in a construction site near the east-coast, when a shooter with an M107 barely misses me. I was going prone and he took the shot. Believe me, that was insane. It had some kind of weird effect.

Then I run out in the woods, hearing small arms fire and the M107 going off about 10 times before they stop shooting.

Novy Sobor is right next to Stary, and it's also a good place to find Heli-crashes.

The Factory near the east coast, I'm thinking about the one between Orlovets and Polana, is also a high-traffic area because of the Heli-crash spawns and vehicle parts + fuel.

Some open fields have small objects/buildings.

When you move in a 200m radius from it they will spawn zombies, and give any camper out there an indication of your presence.

Novy Sobor is right next to Stary, and it's also a good place to find Heli-crashes.

The Factory near the east coast, I'm thinking about the one between Orlovets and Polana, is also a high-traffic area because of the Heli-crash spawns and vehicle parts + fuel.

Sorry, I was running out of Novy Sobor and probably halfway to the coast. That's how I should have said it. They probably were running straight North, but they came across me.

Sounds to me like you need to pay more attention to your surroundings..

Always try to stick to cover, analyse the areas before you enter them and dont run across big open areas. A lot of it is common sense but if you play the game how you would in real life and be cautious of areas rather than just running round like a headless chicken, it makes the game a whole lot more fun! :D

• Like 1

Sounds to me like you need to pay more attention to your surroundings..

Always try to stick to cover, analyse the areas before you enter them and dont run across big open areas. A lot of it is common sense but if you play the game how you would in real life and be cautious of areas rather than just running round like a headless chicken, it makes the game a whole lot more fun! :D

This takes some getting used to, but after a while it becomes second nature. Also now when I play an arcade shooter, I get more kills and die less! I just can't run and gun anymore. Although I do have episodes of bad luck. 2 other people on the server I admin, and I bump into them. BLAM i was DED dead!

This takes some getting used to, but after a while it becomes second nature. Also now when I play an arcade shooter, I get more kills and die less! I just can't run and gun anymore. Although I do have episodes of bad luck. 2 other people on the server I admin, and I bump into them. BLAM i was DED dead!

Its second nature to me nowadays, as stealth is my forte. Any game that you can use stealth in, i will use it aha! I love stealth, being that guy that noone can see but yet he can see everyone else. Its gives you a strong advantage to manipulate certain situations which in others cases could get them killed.

I swear people have hacks or something cause I can be hidden 100% and suddenly I'm instant killed from far away.

The doubt used to bother me too. The only way is to get on a server where you are nearly 100% sure there are no hackers.

Not all private hives are created equally though. I recommend Wireworld (EU server) especially if you like lower population servers and survival tactics.

Note that Wireworld runs the very latest community beta patch. Follow the instructions in the above link - basically join the lobby and get kicked (this is so your player name and id is logged in the database), then email the address in the 'kick message' with your GUID, and finally download the latest beta (3 PBO files) from the link you're given. The details of the TS server are in the lobby message if you get stuck.

With 5-10 players on the server you can gear up and repair vehicles in hotspots knowing there is a small but significant risk of an encounter with someone, which should keep you on edge. Encounters are still possible in remote areas, but because they're rarer and more unexpected they can really get the adrenalin pumping.

With 10-20 players on the server, gearing-up and maintaining your tents/vehicles obviously becomes more dangerous, but it's still possible.

20-25 players becomes more PvP orientated; time to leave your camp and go hunting!

Wireworld tends to fluctuate between these amounts of players, so you have some quiet times to collect gear and repair vehicles, and some busier times when you can scout and kill players (or be killed!). I've tried the busy servers with 30-60 players, and really they don't have much survival aspect to them at all, just mostly death-matching.

Once you know you're not just being teleported to by hackers, the only thing you can do is try not to break cover often.

Edited by Anti