AlexanderG

3D models to contribute

Nice, I was doing the same thing... except your models are much prettier with better textures, more polygons, bumps and reflections. Somehow I think you'll have better luck than I did.

Rough models for the green pouch items.

There's a list of green pouch items in there too.

btw load your enfield from the top, one bullet at a time like a manly man. enough of this tactical magazine throwing away craziness, those mags are like $30 each!

I dream of the day that I don't have to wade through piles of Makarov magazines in order to find a map!

You sir, have given me hope that day will soon come. :D

Great stuff!

You need to get in touch with the Devs themselves - your post might get lost in the forum.

I dream of the day that I don't have to wade through piles of Makarov magazines in order to find a map!

You sir' date=' have given me hope that day will soon come. :D

[/quote']

This. I was half wanting to try to teach myself 3D modeling in the hopes of getting this corrected haha.

Wait wait wait. Tourist meat? Is it meat made FROM the tourists? Other than eating people who come to visit you those models are fucking nice man. Well done.

bump. You get a reply from the devs yet?
Unfortunately, not. I used the "contact the team" form on the website, and there is no answer at the moment. Maybe I'll have to PM them directly. Any ideas who in the crew have responsibilities close to this topic?
btw load your enfield from the top, one bullet at a time like a manly man. enough of this tactical magazine throwing away craziness, those mags are like $30 each!

There's a special clip to load 5 cartridges at once. They were designed for quick load the rifles with un-detachable mags, but are applicable to a standard version as well. I decided to make a mag because the clip holds only 5 rounds, but magazine holds full ten.

Here's a demonstration of loading Enfield with a clip.

Are you using the BIS tools for this.

Just asking.

Not yet :) But the models are fast to export, I had a sneak preview on how the exporting is made and have BIS Editing Tools and ArmA Toolbox installed and ready to action.

Tourist meat? Is it meat made FROM the tourists?

Lol'd :) jk_scowling had an innovative idea about this :)

There will be some addition soon, in next 1-2 days.

Great job have you compared poly count with the defaults yet?
No, I'm unable to download sample models because BIS sites return 403 to me. Guilty until proven innoctent, my gateway IP appears to be malicious to them, so I don't have access to forums, wikis, download sections and such. Found Editing Tools almost by accident on some fans forum :)

But I model for games for almost 8 years and know the requirements to the geometry and polycount. I tried to add as much details as possible without polycount increase. The most complex model is M67 with 778 triangles (it's almost spherical and safety ring affects numbers too), others have about 300-400 of triangles. With a maximum scene complexity in modern engines around 1-5 millions of triangles I think it's ok, you won't have more than 10 of these objects in scene anyway. LODs may be the option if any problems arise, of course.

Great job have you compared poly count with the defaults yet?
No' date=' I'm unable to download sample models because BIS sites return 403 to me. Guilty until proven innoctent, my gateway IP appears to be malicious to them, so I don't have access to forums, wikis, download sections and such. Found Editing Tools almost by accident on some fans forum :)

But I model for games for almost 8 years and know the requirements to the geometry and polycount. I tried to add as much details as possible without polycount increase. The most complex model is M67 with 778 triangles (it's almost spherical and safety ring affects numbers too), others have about 300-400 of triangles. With a maximum scene complexity in modern engines around 1-5 millions of triangles I think it's ok, you won't have more than 10 of these objects in scene anyway. LODs may be the option if any problems arise, of course.

[/quote']

Yeah they looked pretty conservative. Hopefully we can get you in touch with rocket, hate to see these goto waste! Any chance you do organics? (we could use some new zombies :D)

Hopefully we can get you in touch with rocket
I hope so too, but no avail with that at the moment :( I've sent the message via contact form on the site and wrote a post in the thread related to community, there's but no replies to it.
Any chance you do organics?
I afraid no, never did organics. But I can work with textures or create ammunition models, maybe it can be useful :)