guidez

Build 1.7.4.5 Discussion

* [NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1). What is this?

If this means that crash sites (or anything really...)is getting marked on the map when they spawn, the feature needs to be removed from the rolling update immediately.

One of the most rewarding things in DayZ is finding a crash site after driving around on the map, are you going to take this away now?

That would be a insanely silly and unrealistic feature that does not belong in this game, what is the point of playing DayZ if you guys are going to dumb it down like that...

This single change might put me of playing! :emptycan:

* [NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1). What is this?

If this means that crash sites (or anything really...)is getting marked on the map when they spawn, the feature needs to be removed from the rolling update immediately.

One of the most rewarding things in DayZ is finding a crash site after driving around on the map, are you going to take this away now?

That would be a insanely silly and unrealistic feature that does not belong in this game, what is the point of playing DayZ if you guys are going to dumb it down like that...

This single change might put me of playing! :emptycan:

* [NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1).

I think that feature is in conjunction with this feature:

* [NEW] - UH60Wreck added

* [NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1).

I think that feature is in conjunction with this feature:

* [NEW] - UH60Wreck added

I don't want the locations of anything magically appearing on my map, whatever they mean by the sentence... Edited by MarcDaKind
  • Like 2

If it IS regarding helicopter crash site loot spots [not wrecks], then I can imagine a lot of people camping there.

• Like 1

If it IS regarding helicopter crash site loot spots [not wrecks], then I can imagine a lot of people camping there.

Alot of people all ready camp heli crash sites anyway, they got so many kills because people are to stupid to scope out the crash and see if there is actually any loot.

Alot of people all ready camp heli crash sites anyway, they got so many kills because people are to stupid to scope out the crash and see if there is actually any loot.

Really? I've never actually encountered such a thing, but okay. I suppose it's more common on the more populated servers. But the fact that they *might* be marked on the map shall increase such a thing.

Really? I've never actually encountered such a thing, but okay. I suppose it's more common on the more populated servers. But the fact that they *might* be marked on the map shall increase such a thing.

Yeah, I really don't like the fact that they *might* be marked on the map. I really like the surprise of finding Helicopter crash sites.

• Like 1

100 meters is too hardcore... What if you sneak into a town and aggro one zombie? You would get mauled by zombies like you just fired a Lee Enfield.

Maybe zombies will try to investigate the place where one zombie saw you but only walking not running on that place.

* [NEW] - Added Markers for all towns (1) * [NEW] - Added player marker (1) * [NEW] - Wreck locations are now marked on the map (1).

What does this even mean? You can see all players on the map and wreck locations? What about the towns, they're already on the map? I don't like this at all if it means what I think it means. The whole thing about this game is about exploring something you don't know a lot about, trying to find things in a world thats somewhat confusing. This was what made the whole fun in the beginning (before you found maps) and still does with random encounters of players and heli spawns.

* [uPDATED] - Max local zeds updated based on the area your in (example CityCapitals - 50, City's - 40, Village's - 40 (Old Local Zed count was 40 at any location that has buildings)).

According to Rocket, Zeds are the main reason why the games performance is so bad. I already got 14 fps in Cherno (outside of the cities its really fine), IMO introducing more zombies as long as they aren't optimized is not a good idea at all.

The rest sounds good though.

• Like 1

Assuming this whole marking crash sites, players and towns (lolwut?) is true.. it could be, honest to God, the worst thing to happen to DayZ.

I mean, seriously, making all these bonus and random events something fixed by allowing everyone with a map to flock to it to be sniped? Way to kill the mysterious, "into the unknown" vibe.

Bollocks to that. I don't know what community approved of such a change, but I can guarantee it wasn't this one.

• Like 4

* [uPDATED] - Combat Logging is now active during Zombie chase

This is probably one of the most interesting "anti cheat" feature as a lot of people log of during zed chasing.

Edited by Play
  • Like 1

I think lots of different aircraft could crash, then if you have either a map, GPS or Radio (they'd need to put this in), there is a random chance of learning roughly where it is.

In addition to this, say 5 vehicles have crashed, 2 have distress signals and may appear on a map or whatever so the clans can fight over them but the majority, 3 in this case, should not have a distress signal and should just be found naturally.

I think that is the best of both worlds. It gives players who suck at finding crash sites a chance to find them, albeit with a high risk of encountering other players, while at the same time leaving things to be discovered.

Also, having the crash sites appear randomly after server restart, rather than immediately is a brilliant idea and kudos to whoever mentioned it before.

Edit: Thinking about this, if you have a map there is a small chance it will be indicated by a 'splodge' giving a very rough idea of where it is, if you have a GPS it would be a smaller area of 2 or 3 grid squares and if you have a radio a single grid is given, which gives a more precise location, of course the radio would be rare and you would only get the message a couple times, meaning you would have to remember it or write it down.

This gives a random treat to 3 of the players on the server (there could be 50+) and it would make a fresh spawn think twice about what direction he was going to take if his new map gave him this info.

Of course this would leave 3 or 4 crash sites as random finds, but imagine the excitement of a map/GPS icon blinking or radio suddenly going off, then you go alone, or with a buddy and get some good medical loot, weapons or perhaps even rarer items that they could implement.

Is this fair? No, it isn't but DayZ isn't fair and that is what makes it so interesting. Is it fair that on WoW you could defeat a boss and never get the loot you wanted? No, but millions play that.

Edited by bibbish

Is there any chance someone could run a poll on the crashsite marker idea.

Id really like to see what the whole community thinks about it.

Or maybe a member of the mod team come and explain a few things in detail to calm fans ? :|

Edited by WilkoZ