Sign in to follow this  
Timberfox

Rocket has gone too far

I know the carebears will run the world eventually; but i figured i had afew more days of camping beginners at the beach before the game digressed to the level of Hello Kitty Island Adventure

JlOyi.jpg?1

That's a beautiful rainbow Rocket very nicely done. It sheds a little happiness on the zombie apocalyptic bandit ridden death trap of the coast.

Don't take this post as me complaining because, personally, I love the PvP in this mod. Nothing makes me happier then killing a bandit and or survivor that deserves it.

That's a beautiful rainbow Rocket very nicely done. It sheds a little happiness on the zombie apocalyptic bandit ridden death trap of the coast.

Don't take this post as me complaining because' date=' personally, I love the PvP in this mod. Nothing makes me happier then killing a bandit and or survivor that deserves it.

[/quote']

I lone wolf through the countryside for hours on end, and it's so totally worth it when you find that one other person out there being chased by zombies and then you shoot his leg out and he gets eaten.

At the end of the rainbow is a golden tin can.

At the end of the rainbow is a golden tin can.

Hehe, I was just about to say;

I hope Rocket finds the end of the rainbow :)

Can someone please explain this to me.

How is camping new players in Cherno or Elektro in any way hardcore pro gaming??

Srsly, cherno and elektro are TDM maps and the rest of the island is a survivor game.

And people who seek for some balance between PvP and the resto of the gameplay are carebears that are ruining the game??

I think you got it all backwards...

Just don't think of bandits as players. They are the smartest AI in the game, and the most dangerous predator. You need to make it past them to the rest of the world, and learn where loot spots are other than those beginning cities along the coast.

If there was no pvp this would be terribly easy to survive in. The threat of pvp makes player interaction stay very low and people stick to small groups or by themselves. Even people that hate pvp would get bored and leave the mod eventually without the added threat.

Yeah, well put Wolfgang. There also seem to be different cultures on the servers, I've seen loads of coop going on between strangers on the euro servers.

Just don't think of bandits as players. They are the smartest AI in the game' date=' and the most dangerous predator. You need to make it past them to the rest of the world, and learn where loot spots are other than those beginning cities along the coast.

If there was no pvp this would be terribly easy to survive in. The threat of pvp makes player interaction stay very low and people stick to small groups or by themselves. Even people that hate pvp would get bored and leave the mod eventually without the added threat.

[/quote']

If you are addressing me, I never said PvP should be taken out, It's a part of the game, we need it, it needs some fixing but it's essential to the mod.

I'm talking about general attitude among the players that the ppl who stay in cherno and camp other players are the real pro tough men while the rest of us who want to explore everything without the need to kill everything that moves are some hippie pussies or something.

That's stupid.

@Zorg - yeah, euro servers are much better when it comes to random coop, american on the other hand are not, so avoid them :D

Seconding what wolfgang said.

I've not seen anybody label being in Cherno/Elektro as 'hardcore pro gaming'. Cherno and Elektro are however, like every other area in the map - PVP Zones.

I personally keep my Humanity as low as possible due to the various bugs that have been in place when it comes to switching models (these may well now be fixed). I also vastly prefer the Bandit skin over that of the Survivors.

In order to help do this, I'll make a run through a Major City if I'm in an area. Might even stay an hour or so. If you are in that City when I arrive, and I see you - I'll shoot at you. You are a potential threat, and I'll do whatever is within my power in order to ensure that - in this zombie survival game, I survive. :dodgy:

I'm a fairly team orientated player, who spends a lot of time helping the =FS= and -10 teams to complete their objectives, this means that I can end up going for days without killing anybody - instead sneaking around deserted towns or cities finding specific parts for vehicles, or hauling them up the map if our newer members find them.

If you aren't in our group, on teamspeak or mumble - and I run into you, no matter whether it's up North, down South, at an Airfield, in a Field - or even in one of the Major Coastal cities. You will get shot at.

This is the second time I have heard the word carebear in relation to this game today. I don't think it applies. A carebear is someone who avoids pvp in an online game and restricts themselves to pve. In Dayz the dangers of interacting with other players is one of the primary things that make the game exciting. It is also impossible to avoid. The people you are referring to are either roleplaying good guys for the challenge and immersion, or they are new players that don't know how to pvp properly. I love pvp, the reason I usually opt to help other players rather than kill them is because it is more scary and exciting, and also because it increases my immersion in the whole atmosphere of horror survival. Sitting in a sniper nest and popping babies on the beach is not challenging or exciting. It is just downright boring. I don't think that being a trigger happy thrill killer is the 'only correct' way of playing this game which is what the word carebear implies. Don't get me wrong, I don't want the bandits to leave. If they did the game would become boring. I am even partially in favour of removing the bandit outfit altogether so psychos can't be identified. I just have a problem with being talked down to by people who are basically taking the least challenging aspect of the game and making it their entire experience. If you want to man up and try a real challenge try building a functioning squad from complete strangers without killing or being killed by any player, and getting them all good enough gear to be a power in the game. Or you could just brag about how you killed the guy on the beach that was trying to work out the hotkey for chat so he could ask how to open his backpack.

Just don't think of bandits as players. They are the smartest AI in the game' date=' and the most dangerous predator. You need to make it past them to the rest of the world...

[/quote']

Aahahahahahahaha :D , so funny, that entire line: smarter then the AI, maybe, some, a few chosen... ah who am i kidding. Most dangerous predator, your cracking me up. Getting past a sleeping kitty is harder then getting past them.

Aahahahahahahaha :D ' date=' so funny, that entire line: smarter then the AI, maybe, some, a few chosen... ah who am i kidding. Most dangerous predator, your cracking me up. Getting past a sleeping kitty is harder then getting past them.

[/quote']

So... Wolfgang is correct. Until sleeping kitties are introduced to the game, Bandits are and will remain the most dangerous predator in it. Your post was pointless and so is this one.

How did this turn into a kitties thread, I thought it was about rainbows :O

"I lone wolf through the countryside for hours on end, and it's so totally worth it when you find that one other person out there being chased by zombies and then you shoot his leg out and he gets eaten. "

Ooh, you are such a meany.

I try to save/help them, 9 times out of ten I regret doing so. lol.

look at that ballistic trajectory, its clearly a rocket and therefore an ingame characterisation of his personality.

surely he cant be trying to tell us something?

So... Wolfgang is correct. Until sleeping kitties are introduced to the game' date=' Bandits are and will remain the most dangerous predator in it. Your post was pointless and so is this one.

[/quote']

My point was as pointless as the entire post and topic and he was wrong since inexistent kitten are harder to avoid then the 'supreme :sleepy: predator :) bandits :D" (so funny).