Derpy_Hooves (DayZ)

Suggestion :Stop asking about Standalone Release

Great idea for all players and Forum users!

STOP ASKING ABOUT STAND ALONE RELEASE DATES. WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED YOU WILL ALL KNOW!!!!

Please stop cluttering the forums with the same threads!!

• Like 7

Are you saying it's delayed? ;)

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

I wouldn't know of your pain, but I'm just going to ask now. You'll see my post soon. (:

Just joking...

Edited by Mitunzz_

This suggestion is unrealistic and game-breaking. Worse still it's not authentic.

• Like 6

Are you saying it's delayed? ;)

OMG! ROCKET LIED!!1 I read it on the official DayZ forums! OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! (Shakes fist to the heavens) NOOOOOOOOOooooooo!

• Like 1

Well behaved forum users and mods?

It'll never happen!

Anarchy! Burn the Heretic!

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

Would you please Post in the correct Forum.

This suggestion is not DayZ Mod related.

Thanks.

• Like 5

I suspect it will be delayed a while yet if Rockets recent statement on the developers blog is anything to go by.... If they are still making decisions to core architecture of the game such as it being server based now, I'd say we're still quite a way off a playable release.

Edited by Box

Can you tell me every day tha the standalone WON'T Be released on?

Also, Red text just for Derpy.

my........eyes.........

OP....The more hype there is about the release date, the greater the probability there will be of a successful launch.

Having said that, the opposite can be said if the team does not deliver the product within the expected time frame. There has to be a balance between the quality of the product and the hype built up around it. They need to keep their fans interested and the gaming market has a fickle clientele. They promised news, after their assessment this week and they should keep delivering on their promises. As the Developer referred to in the last blog entry, (We are still working towards a target for an initial foundation before the end of the year. But we will slip this date if needed, we will not compromise the project for the short-term gain of meeting this date. The reasons for any slippage would be publicly discussed, and would most likely represent a failure personally on my part to plan correctly. We will be assessing the results of our major architectural changes at the end of next week, and reporting the results to everyone when we have assessed that.)

Edited by Flybynight1
  • Like 1

OP....The more hype there is about the release date, the greater the probability there will be of a successful launch.

No necessarily, it's often the case that things rarely live upto anticipation. The more hype, the bigger the expectation and then the harder the fall! I recon Day Z Stand Alone will be a good game though, even in it's early stages,but I do think some people on these forums have some really high expectations and I dare say some of them will be the ones making cry threads shortly after release!

We are still working towards a target for an initial foundation before the end of the year. But we will slip this date if needed, we will not compromise the project for the short-term gain of meeting this date. The reasons for any slippage would be publicly discussed, and would most likely represent a failure personally on my part to plan correctly. We will be assessing the results of our major architectural changes at the end of next week, and reporting the results to everyone when we have assessed that

As I said earlier, it's pretty late in the day to be making changes to the game's architecture, surely this is something you do when you start the project....? If it needs to be done then fair enough, but it is going to have an effect on the release date though, it's a pretty big deal I'd say!

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

I heard that it could slip to 2013!?

I need to stop going into these threads; literally make my blood boil.

NEWSFLASH: YOU'RE REPEATING 2 WEEK OLD NEWS.

Edited by mzltv

Lets face it, the target date was "before the end of the year" a few months back, i genuinely don't believe they intended it to be literelly the last few days though so I'd say it's fair to assume it's been delayed yes lol Especially as i say since they are talking about changes to a games' architecture. I think we will be talking next spring/summer to behonest at the earliest. Remember Rocket is human, his team is relatively small, it's christmas and new year, he's meant to be climbing Mount Everest come february ( that needs preperation time!) I think we have a reasonable wait yet! Lets just calm down and enjoy Day Z mod!

AND WHERE THE F*CK ARE DOGS TOO?! FFS?!?!?!

• Like 1

When is the SA coming out?

Oh on the 14th Feb? Does rocket love us that much?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Dogs,..ffs. When I want to leave piles of shit in Cherno I'll do it myself thanks!

Dogs,..ffs. When I want to leave piles of shit in Cherno I'll do it myself thanks!

It was more of a satirical rant at typical forum members, as opposed to a genuine moan.

Personally, I couldn't give an empty tin can for dogs.

It was more of a satirical rant at typical forum members, as opposed to a genuine moan.

Personally, I couldn't give an empty tin can for dogs.

Yea I got that bud, as was my reply :)

• Like 1

In response to this post, I demand to know the standalone release date.

• Like 1

In response to this post, I demand to know the standalone release date.

iy1z10.png

• Like 5

Hey Derpy do you know when SA will be released? IM SO EXCITED *SQUEEEEE*

Never-mind I'll just go start a new topic!

Fair enough. But will I have to buy it again if I bought Arma 2?