rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

zombies should not have good vision .. in my opinion the zombies where next to perfect in 1.7 with the aggro range ..adding line of site would be great.. but they just see way to well now.. according to this man right here: which is the only thing that matter and connot be disputed or shouldnt be ever! http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cNyv76DvM3M/0.jpg

the zombies Rocket instilled in 1.7 where almost spot on to the Romeros zombies.. if he can fix zombie re spawns ridiculously site ..go back to older zombies with just LOS and deaggro would be great.. plus all the bugs.. better yet keep the zombies exactly like 1.7 and just add more with way less respawn time so we can actually clear an area.

Okay, time for my thoughts other than the spawn time bug;

One) Fine increase the attack power, fine with me. Hm, increasing their attack range? Okay that's fi- wait...what are their arms extendable now? *sigh* Whatever :dodgy:. But if you're going to buff them, that much, you should decrease their speed. Zombies decay, that also mean the muscle tissue in their legs decay, thus making them slower than the average human don't you think?

Two) I kind of like the new visual rage, I mean I doubt that you can just walk right past a zombie that's staring right at you 5 ft away, but like I said, they're stronger now so their speed should also be lower to at least a jog.

Three) Starting with no weapon? Again goes to what I said above, they're stronger yet we don't even start with a weapon. I guess you can run and hide inside of a building. But what if you walk outside and a zombie sees you? You'll have to run back to the building you just came from.

I think that's about it. I'm glad Rocket is making changes like these now instead of when the mod is done/ if it becomes a stand alone game.

We are going to be the CUSTOMERS when this comes on market and we are going to also the ones to tell other people about it.

Thats right, but until the game is gold, a lot of things will change and will be tested, and u cant really think that everything has to be right in an ALPHA. That perfomance issues are a critical thing and rocket already works on it, but changes in game mechanics has to be tested and if you dont want a game where tomorrow the whole game can change because of testing some new mechanics-ideas, wait until its finished. testing of new game-mechanics is part of an alpha

(hope i havnt made any too bad grammar mistakes ;) )

zombies should not have good vision .. in my opinion the zombies where next to perfect in 1.7 with the aggro range ..adding line of site would be great.. but they just see way to well now.. according to this man right here: which is the only thing that matter and connot be disputed or shouldnt be ever! http://i.ytimg.com/vi/cNyv76DvM3M/0.jpg

the zombies Rocket instilled in 1.7 where almost spot on to the Romeros zombies.. if he can fix zombie re spawns ridiculously site ..go back to older zombies with just LOS and deaggro would be great.. plus all the bugs.. better yet keep the zombies exactly like 1.7 and just add more with way less respawn time so we can actually clear an area.

I disagree. Who cares about one guys vision of zombies. The zombies now are perfect imo. Man up.

LOL. So much of those delicious tears. I hope the only two bugs of this patch are infinite zombies and ridiculous eagle vision. I would prefer slightly lower distance for zombies to see you - or just to be able to stay in cover from bushes' date=' trees and high grass. Otherwise - update is great. Zombie survival with pvp, not CoD with zombies.

Thanks, rocket, you made my day.

[/quote']

Fully Agree

someone wrote something about (cant find the post atm) "your chasing your CUSTOMERS away". at this stage, we are NOT costumers, we are TESTERS. at this point we are all Game- Tester who dont get any money for their testing. Because of that, you can stop testing and wait until the game goes gold or deal with the troubles of beeing a game-tester.

Actually... we are customers as a lot of people bought Combined Ops because of Day Z.

Most of the ideas of this patch were great. I would have thrown in a bottle of water and can of food.. The hypersensitive Zombies are a bit much especially without any way to defend yourself in the beginning.

Even with a starting gun a lot of new players died in the first 5 minutes of their first spawn.

We'll see what the hotfix brings...

Zombies are literally brainless bodies moving around, OF COURSE they shouldn't be this damn perceptive.

Some many message to read.

Not sure if this one was reported and not sure even how to search for it.

I make my way in a house and find a gun with ammo (for the record took 23 mins 37sec to find this gun). anyhow. I choose the option pick up makerov pistol option instead of gear while I was prone. So my char drops my heat pack and shotgun shells throw a smoke grenade the picks up the gun. That option should read do random shit instead of pick up gun. needless to say that alerted the Zeds Wierd thing though I had to kill this one Zed 3 times. he kept getting back up over and over and I kept getting kill counts for him.

other than this bug I metnioned here' date=' Zombie super spidey sense. it is not that bad but I need a iron pipe.

[/quote']

LOL

yep what happened to good old press E to pick something up, i didn't notice in the control setting of arma2 "perform random action that gets you killed or some other spassy unatural move" yet it manages it often.

1 word to no start weapon:-

MELEE !

Zombies should NOT spawn in an area I'd personally put at 150/200m to allow full clearance and holding of an area.

Me and a friend wanted to hold a town or small house as our base then rescue people but constant zombie pops close to us make it too dangerous and ammo thirsty.

The new AI is alot better' date=' just need to make the zombies slightly slower and more consistent. If zombies can spawn inside of the noise and vision radius of most normal weapons/sounds then it will result in constant surprise attacks, thus making the scouting out of a town from afar far less beneficial and the game more unrealistic.

Aside from that, I like the new starting items but you kinda need to make the Makarov a bit more common OR have more ammo dropping from zombies. Lets say 10 rounds per clip, 10 headshots = perfect ammo/dead zed ratio in terms of efficiency.

Set the spawning of a basic Makarov clip on a zombie to be on average every 9th zombie. Math = good!

[/quote']

exactly, the respawnign zombie hords are endless atm....

"Actually... we are customers as a lot of people bought Combined Ops because of Day Z."

Lol... yes and Bohemia interactive reverse all the cash benefit to rocket and his team! I heard he will buy Microsoft and Google tomorrow.

Please stop trolling, or pls just think a bit before write some stupid things like this.

whats gets me is even if u sneak into a building/populated area at any point while using my gear or looting i can be detected by zombies through walls and hit through walls with massive range now. do they just want us to run constantly as its far easier and safer?

i dread re-spawning now, there's no way to defend yourself and its so much more difficult to sneak around trying to find a weapon with the super sensitive zombies.

Oh another thing that gets on my nerves are these supposed "experts" telling supposed "noobs" learn how to play to survive since the update. Weakest argument ever. It is not a matter of skill to survive but lots of patience. WE ALL KNOW how to game the zombies. Build a better zombie and they will come.

Well it did became harder but it is kind of a challenge

I disagree. Who cares about one guys vision of zombies. The zombies now are perfect imo. Man up.

sorry but george A romeros creation counts more then your opinion. lol fail tough guy troll attempt by you.. it failed and so does your game logic..

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.[/quote']

Here's what we can surely expect from this little gem...

-It will turn away a larger percentage of new players right off the bat due to the now-harder difficulty level at the beginning.

-It will turn away a larger percentage of players that are finally able to reach one of the coastal cities once they realize they just wasted all that time running from zombies only to be introduced to the now-increased bean bandit activity. You think elektro and cherno are bad now?

-No morphine in your startup kit anymore? EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME WILL BREAK YOUR LEG. Walk up some steps and break your leg. Bump in to a tree or bush and break your leg. Brush by another player and break your leg. Fall two and a half inches and break your leg. Zombie swings at you and breaks your leg. Solid idea on removing that morphine.

-As mentioned above there will be an increase in bandits...and that's an understatement. EVERYONE now has a reason to kill everyone else.

-You took away from the noobs trying to learn the game and gave to the veterans that know the game. Our playstyle won't change except for the fact we now have more reason to kill someone else.

We don't want another CoD, but at the same time the game needs to appeal to the average gamer because that's who your customers are(and I'm not talking about those 40 year olds still living with 'ma that think they're zombie apoc pros and the only ones entitled to an opinion regarding this mod). There's a difference between achieving your desired goal with dayz and making it so difficult that the average person won't want to play. I wouldn't even classify this as Nintendo-Hard, more like just-plain-stupid.

This update would be infinitely more acceptable if we had MELEE. Say it with me...M-E-L-E-E. You want realism right? That's why you added this update right? If this is supposed to be real then why can't we use a knife, hatchet, or our fists as weapons?

You have to give people a reason to play and a reason to stay. You have to appeal to the average gamer because they are what make up a majority of your playerbase. This game is hard enough as it is to learn for a noob and you just made it harder. Those of us that know how to play aren't really affected because we know the map, we know where the loot is, and we now have more reasons to kill others.

I know why you added this update and I don't disagree with your reasoning at all, but from a developer's standpoint all you're doing is cutting your own throats with this one. IMHO this was a bad move.

In before the QQ, nerdrage, and failtrolling from the usual mouth-breathing, basement-dwelling, rocket leg-humpers - "herp derp u no like dayz then u no play, may-b u shud play fps u CoD kiddie!!!11oneone!!"

Eta: Lol @ anyone dense enough to think this update takes from PVP and adds to realism/survivalism. It adds to both but PVP will benefit most. You think PVP is bad now just wait until all the new bugs are fixed and people are able to play again. I bet if I asked you what a window tasted like you could tell me.

This.

exciting. let's see how this works out.

thanks rocket <3

edit:

more reason to kill someone else?

not.

guy with a handgun: could be a thread, kill him

guy without a handgun: can't be a thread, might leave alive (stealing beans from unarmed people is not that much fun)

of course, bandits will still be bandits, but this will never change.

I really hope rocket won't dumb this game because of all the whiners. Changes are all great, just need some tweaking in too fast spawning area which as i see hotfix will get to soon.

Keep up the good work devteam!

By the way, I think Winchesters and Enfields are now spawning like mushrooms on a rainy day... On my trip today, I encountered, hmm, probably like 3 Enfields and 4 Winchesters. One barn even had 2 Winchesters in it. I think weapons should be more rare, even if you now spawn without a weapon (make Makarovs more common then).

And I don't get it how people whine about spawning without a weapon. You can find a Compound Crossbow, a Lee Enfield or a Winchester in a matter of minutes. Check dem barns!

-----

I'm posting this bit here again in case rocket or some other developer missed it. Has this happened to anyone else?

We were traveling from Cherno towards NW Airfield for hours. Then, around Green Mountain, I suddenly just re-appear in the countryside near Cherno where we left off. WTF! I'm annoyed but I run back to Green Mountain to my pal. After we have looted Green Mountain and we head somewhere north or north-east, we run for like 20 minutes and then the same happens, I re-appear - but this time - on Green Mountain. My pal said something about that I was probably desynched the whole time or something. Oh, and when I was near Cherno in the countryside, my debug monitor was missing but I didn't mind. My pal said he saw his monitor just fine.

I dislike the 1.7.1 update. I played 1.7.0 and I had a blast. What I think went wrong in 1.7.1 is:

- Zombies are way too aware of players, they too easily spot you and alert the whole horde.

- Spawning with no equipment only urges people to go to barns and such where there are tons of players, this makes the "Kill or be killed" element way more present and things just seem to be random now.

I'd like it way more if we just went back to 1.7.0 and only built the mod out from there, and don't change the fundamental gameplay mechanics. Fix zombie AI, and award players for exploring the world and teaming up instead of randomly killing.

Edit: Specifying on my second point, people go to barns to scavange equipment, and may come across others, causing random shooting encounters instead of working together, eat or don't eat.

Also, the post over me brings up how frequent weapon spawns are, earlier I found 2 Winchesters and 1 Crossbow in the same building, also had tons of slugs but no ammo, guns seem easier to find than food. I'd rather make it so we start with a bad gun instead of finding a one shot gun in any random barn.

sorry but george A romeros creation counts more then your opinion. lol fail tough guy troll attempt by you

Ah, the good old "man up" when you are trying to degrade someone else's average skills, when you obviously have good skills. Shows just how understanding you are of the situation, especially with new players.

"Actually... we are customers as a lot of people bought Combined Ops because of Day Z."

Lol... yes and Bohemia interactive reverse all the cash benefit to rocket and his team! I heard he will buy Microsoft and Google tomorrow.

Please stop trolling' date=' or pls just think a bit before write some stupid things like this.

[/quote']

Yep.. trolling.. stupid post uh huh. That's why Combined Ops shot up the Steam Sales Charts once Day Z... got a bit better known... Had nothing to do with Day Z.. right. Keep deluding yourself. It didn't happen because Arma II is such an amazing game by itself.

It happened BECAUSE of Day Z. That makes everyone that bought the game to play the mod a.... wait for it... CUSTOMER.

Get over yourself and refute it with actual intelligent points rather than your mindless accusation of "stupid things".

I thought the old zombies were better, I like the idea of sneaking through a zombie infested area Sam Fisher style. I thought they were pretty good about how far you could be and such. If they were to be made harder, I'm okay with that, but I think a tweak is all it needed. As it is there is no way to sneak past zombies in 1.7.1 and I think that kind of breaks DayZ's core of stealth and evasion first and foremost.

I love all the other changes though. Once the performance issues are fixed and the zombies no longer respawn on your head I'll probably go back to 1.7.1, but I think the zombies still need tweaking. Man should be the real monster we fear, which is kind of the underlying social commentary of DayZ.

I just patched up my DayZ to this version (along with the beta patch) and now I can't see any zombies, yet my buddy was getting swarmed by them and he was stood in front of me.

I potentially have the ability to loot freely with only players to worry about. Is there any way of fixing this on my end or do I have to wait for a hotfix?