rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Agreed with most people. 1.7.1 screwed up the zombie behavior. It was IMO just perfect in the previous version. I like it that zombies do more damage now though and that you spawn with less stuff with you' date=' but the zombie A.I. just got screwed. I hope you know this and admit it, rocket. It's not just the deer hut spawn problem but the zombies keep spawning in front of the player out of nowhere even in just smaller towns or outposts.

We were just crawling around the NW airfield barracks avoiding zombies. We found a tent, crawled there, checked the surroundings, saw one zombie like 30m away with his back turned to us. We quickly press G which makes us stand up and crouch --> the zombie sees us immediately. We make a run for it and shoot the zombie out in the open field but before we know it, there are 10 more zombies coming at us. After killing the zombies, we decided to log off and wait for the hotfix. And so all pretty much all the players. The game is now unenjoyable.

Sorry for the rant but this is just how it is.

And [b']another problem I encountered on the server:

We were traveling from Cherno towards NW Airfield for hours. Then, around Green Mountain, I suddenly just re-appear in the countryside near Cherno where we left off. WTF! I'm annoyed but I run back to Green Mountain to my pal. After we have looted Green Mountain and we head somewhere north or north-east, we run for like 20 minutes and then the same happens, I re-appear - but this time - on Green Mountain. My pal said something about that I was probably desynched the whole time or something. Oh, and when I was near Cherno in the countryside, my debug monitor was missing but I didn't mind. My pal said he saw his monitor just fine.

this post about the zombie ..at least 25 people every 5 mins on our server going to go back to 1.7 till zombie behavior is fixed and various bugs i think. game = unplayable to player base /lots of complaining. ADMIN= Headache

Zombie spawn rate is too high and they spawn inside of the 30m radius (like 1m around the player). I droped so many zeds trying to get into one little building, I thought there is a gun in there. I took me so many atemps, because as soon as I killed one zed, the next one was spawning. They still run/walk/crawl through walls, but it is rare now.

I had no other bugs yet, but the game is pretty unenjoyable at the moment.

Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

Ok 1. what is LOS' date=' and 2. This is bullshit I feel like I've really learnt how to play the game and deal with zombies. Now I've got no idea how close I can crawl next to them etc.

[/quote']

LOS -Line Of Sight

Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

Ok 1. what is LOS' date=' and 2. This is bullshit I feel like I've really learnt how to play the game and deal with zombies. Now I've got no idea how close I can crawl next to them etc.

[/quote']

Line of Sight

If its kind of virus like in "28 days later" its possible that the virus actually increase your running speed and physical strength.

I think that's just because they don't feel pain and are in a constant state of rage so can push themselves further than your normal human, not that they're actually stronger or anything. Anyway, it's a virus, and generally viruses are gonna inhibit both your mental and physical performance, so imo zombies shouldn't be superhumans

Its certainly a lot harder now to play on your own, possibly that will make players band together to scavenge loot and cooperate a lot more now, as trying to get something on your own is a lot harder. Although i would like to see the zombies field of view possibly reduced a little. Other than that you just have to develop new tactics to survive.

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly' date=' those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Its the wrong direction.

[/quote']

Its what BI devs do.... example: BI devs completely ignore PvP for the elitist coop clan'ers... try posting on the BI forums about the lack of PvP consideration in ArmA and watch the elitists coop nubs flame away and be backed by the forum mods.

Be a man and sprint thru them all and lose em in a building

LOL... you're right... it just sux that its 'smash and bash' only now that the sneaking element is broken.

ADMIN= Headache

tell me about it... got 4 to look after and hundreds of 'pokes' and messages in TS3...

@Disgraced... don't get so upset at ppl who think this patch is shit... cause it is, and remember its a GOOD thing that ppl are passionate about it... *whispers* you might want to wipe yer nose, you got some brown stuff on it ;)

Woah Woah Woah people. None of these new features are permanent. Rocket can just as easily remove them as he did add them. If you don't like a new feature provide constructive feedback, rather than saying "feature x sucks" or "Thanks for ruining the game rocket!" Some of the complaints I've read, Rocket has already said will be fixed in a hotfix, or the next update. Patience people.

I do really like the idea of starting out without a weapon. I get where people are coming from about camping, but to hear people talk about it you'd think that the first thing all players across all servers do when they find a gun is run and camp every spawn point in a co-ordinated assault on new players.

Come on. It's not that bad. And this way, it removes the temptation to KoS the first person you see purely so they don't do the same to you. It might actually encourage teamwork from those who had been burned so many times when they were starting out that they now shoot first.

Unfortunately I don't think the changes to the way zeds work lends itself to this philosophy very well. The LoS change is great, but for me the aggro levels are out of whack. I hate to be one of those people who can't accept change, but I genuinely liked the way they worked before.

In my opinion it was better when we had a gun at spawning

Loving the new line of sight and zombies they feel perfect now.

Also love how you start with nothing basically. I had to run through elektro to avoid zombies, hide in houses and sneak out the back and it all worked flawlessly for the most part.

Also seemed to have less players / deathmatch going on in elektro and cherno due to this so it seems to be working perfectly, please DO NOT change it back this is awesome.

If its kind of virus like in "28 days later" its possible that the virus actually increase your running speed and physical strength.

I think that's just because they don't feel pain and are in a constant state of rage so can push themselves further than your normal human' date=' not that they're actually stronger or anything. Anyway, it's a virus, and generally viruses are gonna inhibit both your mental and physical performance, so imo zombies shouldn't be superhumans

[/quote']

/

Any sort of 'zombie virus' is virtually impossible. Zombies would have liquified insides with a month.

My heart goes out to rocket today. He has obviously worked hard to bring us the next installment of this alpha while having to deal with plenty other shenanigans . It's not working as he intended' date=' anyone who follows his posts knows this. Yet people just keep posting this tripe about how bad things are. We are all Alpha testers. Anyone posting nonsense without at least reading what has been said already really should hold off playing and posting until beta or more.

Cmon guys your here to test not get upset because things don't work correctly. Enjoy what we have and support Rocket and his team.

Posted from a terrible phone with a tiny keyboard.

[/quote']

ROCKET is the man.. and this is an alpha state. I dont think people are getting made ..just reporting... but we can always roll back to 1.7

Its certainly a lot harder now to play on your own' date=' possibly that will make players band together to scavenge loot and cooperate a lot more now, as trying to get something on your own is a lot harder. Although i would like to see the zombies field of view possibly reduced a little. Other than that you just have to develop new tactics to survive.

[/quote']

This.

I must say, Crouch walking is now useless, as it does nothing to Visibility meter. Plus the fact that sneaking into a building now via that, is out of question, its aggro no matter what. The meter was fine in 1.7

Also the fact zombies instant re-spawn (kinda gay) and now you put in a Alive/Dead meter, that CONSTANTLY changes, and makes your eyes look at the debug menu, is very OCD and annoying. Must be changed.

Besides that, I'd say its a great patch.

I love everything about it.

I do think it will be perfect when walls are ray casted; from there it will be apparent how many zeds are too many and if the detection radius is proper.

Rocket, dude, you really need to stop improving this game. It already is by far the best thing I've ever played, several more improvement and my head is going to explode...

well, boo fucking hoo.

i didn't even try it yet but all those whining people make it sound awesome. if you people prefer zombies that don't see you just because your character does x animation and has y distance over real challenging AI then i guess you should work on your skills.

i for one was bored of them for a long time now. calling the old zombie behaviour AI was an overstatement anyways. it was more like really simple detection system (no offense rocket i know you had to rebuild the AI from the ground because of the whole agent vs unit thing).

and reading about the tents finally being fixed gave me the weirdest boner.

i don't know why it took so long but i guess....: "A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means too."

Reading changelog about imba zombies makes me think: Does it take like 4 hours now to get through berezino?Even if you go prone in the grass, it's still 1 bar of visibility..They can see better, bigger damage range and more damage to me if they hit me..Dear god..That sounds hardcore

Just my 2pence, I feel that 1.7.1 is not ready to be released and maybe you have rushed it. I get huge fps issues when i play on 1.7.1 and the zeds and silly, I was crouching around in a house and suddenly 5-6 zeds come running in. Im going back to 1.7 for the time being

Lololol? Someone of you need to google 'Positive Feedback' and stop being such whinny little bitches, you're bringing up the right stuff, but instead of giving feedback you just rage at non released game as if you expect it to be perfect.

I applaud this patch... starting gear is great.. makes your first few hours damn hardcore and realistic. Those hospitals are going to be some busy now eh! Complaining about it being too dark? Here, start with a flashlight then... lol

The only thing I don't like about this one is the attack range. I got trapped inside a room and they hit me from across the room in the doorway. A little much, perhaps.

Zombies respawn way too quickly.

Combining the reduced start gear and upgraded zombie damage/aggro range will most likely turn new players away.

I feel like, since you have no means of defense at the start, you should try to implement some sort of punch/kick system or give some sort of low damage melee weapon to start. Something like a knife/baton/etc.

I understand the game is supposed to be highly realistic, but there is a difference between realism and difficulty. Just because the game is now horrendously difficult (at least at the start) does not make it any more realistic. In fact, when you account for the new behavior of the zombies, I feel as though the game has become much less realistic.

EDIT: I've also been having FPS issues and issues with my flashlight not working (even when on a night server). Zombies are even worse when it comes to hitting through walls. Overall, I feel the game should be rolled back until 1.7 until all the kinks are worked out because this is just getting ridiculous.

Lololol? Someone of you need to google 'Positive Feedback' and stop being such whinny little bitches' date=' you're bringing up the right stuff, but instead of giving feedback you just rage at non released game as if you expect it to be perfect.

[/quote']

Uh, it's an public alpha, the whole point of that is for people to criticise it

Better than pretending everything's fine and patronisingly telling Rocket "Oh yeah, this update is perfect!", because that gets nothing done. At least people are passionate about this mod and care whether it works properly or not