rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

I read a lot about zombie movement and realistic... there are no zombies in real so there is no realistic zombie movement. if you watch some zombie-movies there are different zombies with different movement and moving-speed, so that should be your smallest problem. There are some other problems at the moment which should be fixed mentioned by many people. I hope some perfomance issues will be fixed soon.

i have a feeling that some people forget, that this game is in alpha stage and we all are rockets alpha testers, so its our part to TEST the game and report problems, not to complain about them.

i like the work rocket does and i hope he is going on (especially at this rate)

darKneXus

(pls excuse the grammar mistakes or any misspelling, im not an english native speaker)

This mod wasnt ment for qqing noobs who dont know how to survive.

You can blame the mod makers' date=' but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

[/quote']

Get off the crack bro... in splinter cell you could sneak.... laying prone in long grass with a ghillie and fresh respawned zombies come straight at me.

Crawling past pre spawned zombies at 10m and they charge.... so unless I skirt around every building at 100m+ then I'm screwed.

I can sneak into towns, be 20m off a few zombies then a zombie spawns right in front of me and get agro then I have to shoot alerting all those zeds I just snuck past.

I might be a noob but you're an elitist smacktard.

This mod wasnt ment for qqing noobs who dont know how to survive.

You can blame the mod makers' date=' but its you noobs who dont know how to survive, go play a bit splintercell 1,2,3 and learn what sneaking means.

[/quote']

Get off the crack bro... in splinter cell you could sneak.... laying prone in long grass with a ghillie and fresh respawned zombies come straight at me.

Crawling past pre spawned zombies at 10m and they charge.... so unless I skirt around every building at 100m+ then I'm screwed.

I can sneak into towns, be 20m off a few zombies then a zombie spawns right in front of me and get agro then I have to shoot alerting all those zeds I just snuck past.

I might be a noob but you're an elitist smacktard.

Be a man and sprint thru them all and lose em in a building

Rocket,

SERVER ADMIN HERE.. Thank you for a incredible update, everyone in the gaming community truly appreciates what you have done for us with this game/ mod . here are some reports from the field and players on our server..

The zeds behavior is bad ..it was so much better in 1.7.. stealthing into get loot was awesome ,Realistic, and frightening .. now the zeds behavior is much less realistic.. the went from creepy mindless machines( how they should be ) to hyper sensitive , paranoid, eagle eyed ,track stars with 40 yard dash times faster then Adrian Peterson. now you are forced to kill zombies that aggro more zombies and that just respawn.. making the risk /vs reward not worth it at all.

The 5 sec logout also crashes some players pcs i think because they never crashed exiting the game before... it would have been better to just make a wait period to log back into play... that's actually more of a punishment having to wait if someone force logs. More then likely they will die from being a bad player anyway.

I think we have to eat and drink Waaay to often.. You could tone it down. Eating should be toned down quit a bit and water just a little. you can live 3 weeks without food in real life but 3 days without water can be fatal.

Please consider fixing the zombie behavior it was honestly better before and fit within the lore and atmospherically worked. the players are complaining they don't even want to log in till the next patch or hotfix. so we will probably end up going back to 1.7 to keep the player base.. everything Else seems to work awesome ..cant wait to try the tents ! just heads up thank you.

Can't wait to finaly go bandit though. I'm not going to let some legion of all seeing respawning z's grab my gear whilst crawling through town. I'll find a nice hillspot and put my dmr to good use killing the poor fuck who just spent half an hour sneaking into town looting that supermarket for me.

I used to be a friendly like you, but then I took 1.71 to the knee :P

got no sounds, no zombies, menus appearing fine, server connections going okay but without sound is pretty unplayable. any chance i could roll back to 1.7.0 and use a server thats not updated yet if anyone stilll has those files?

Now the bandits have easier targets ¬¬'

Which bandit will waste ammunition (and maybe reveal his position, attract zombies) on you low bob respawner if you have nothing but painkillers, a bandage and maybe a flashlight?

There's no use in taking that risk, seriously.

If you're deeper in the woods and more north, well, you become a more and more valuable target, but you also find more and more valuable targets for yourself.

I read a lot about zombie movement and realistic... there are no zombies in real so there is no realistic zombie movement.

Zombies are basically people though... so if zombies can do stuff your average human can't, then that's unrealistic

I did NOT like the update' date=' a lot of things are better now, but spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch?! Are you guys kidding us? Now the bandits have easier targets ¬¬'

and the zombies can see you very easily...

and the zombies are still marathoners and buggy...

I hope it will be solved! =)

[/quote']

nah cmon man this is awesome sure the bandits have easier targets but its also easier to find them "[NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)" and as for the new spawn items.... i love it besides the makarov was horrible anyways lol.

trust me this is much better!

thanks again rocket!

The update was ok, but instead of adding in new things like sound and meaningless other things, why wasn't the real problems addressed?

Like the camo for females? Or the respawn time for the zombies (They respawn every fucking 3 minutes)?

On the other hand, I do have to agree with a few people, the zombies are really fucked in their current state.

Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

Ok 1. what is LOS, and 2. This is bullshit I feel like I've really learnt how to play the game and deal with zombies. Now I've got no idea how close I can crawl next to them etc.

Hmm.. I seems to be stuck on black screen with "loading".. Wtf?

In other news..

I find the footsteps (own player) sound to be a bit loud. Besides that it makes it harder to hear other noises like gunshots etc' date=' which is all good, but its so loud that its breaks from realism for me.

Please notice my opinion on this ^^

[/quote']

This too.

I like everything so far except for one thing: zombie respawn rate is too damn high! I shoot one down one and there are three of them in one place immediately! If they were classic shamblers that had to de with headshots, i wouldn't have any problems with them. But they run like hell goddamit :D

I ended up being surrounded by an endless running horde in the middle of a friggin' castle ruin! Is there any possibility to determine different respawn rate for different structures?

I read a lot about zombie movement and realistic... there are no zombies in real so there is no realistic zombie movement.

Zombies are basically people though... so if zombies can do stuff your average human can't' date=' then that's unrealistic

[/quote']

Why should that be? If its kind of virus like in "28 days later" its possible that the virus actually increase your running speed and physical strength. how i said, its not possible to say whats realistic or not. In this case, rockets zombies are much faster then normal humans...

i have test this udpate in SP for testing the respawn without anything and i think it's very interesting in fact you had to sneak to find any weapon and the game now is very realistic your level of "sound and eye" depend of the light and the position. Now if you are near a wall of a building you are less visible than in the middle of the street and of course and the light increase your "eye" level. Moreover the zombie see you very far in a field and that make the game harder. That what's i want before we loot we die we loot it's annoying. Now the zombie are very dangerous. Oh one thing i want to had the morphine will become very rare and the broken bones concludes to death or crawling for a long long time.

PS:sorry for possible misstakes and bad english ^^

Agreed with most people. 1.7.1 screwed up the zombie behavior. It was IMO just perfect in the previous version. I like it that zombies do more damage now though and that you spawn with less stuff with you, but the zombie A.I. just got screwed. I hope you know this and admit it, rocket. It's not just the deer hut spawn problem but the zombies keep spawning in front of the player out of nowhere even in just smaller towns or outposts.

We were just crawling around the NW airfield barracks avoiding zombies. We found a tent, crawled there, checked the surroundings, saw one zombie like 30m away with his back turned to us. We quickly press G which makes us stand up and crouch --> the zombie sees us immediately. We make a run for it and shoot the zombie out in the open field but before we know it, there are 10 more zombies coming at us. After killing the zombies, we decided to log off and wait for the hotfix. And so all pretty much all the players. The game is now unenjoyable.

Sorry for the rant but this is just how it is.

And another problem I encountered on the server:

We were traveling from Cherno towards NW Airfield for hours. Then, around Green Mountain, I suddenly just re-appear in the countryside near Cherno where we left off. WTF! I'm annoyed but I run back to Green Mountain to my pal. After we have looted Green Mountain and we head somewhere north or north-east, we run for like 20 minutes and then the same happens, I re-appear - but this time - on Green Mountain. My pal said something about that I was probably desynched the whole time or something. Oh, and when I was near Cherno in the countryside, my debug monitor was missing but I didn't mind. My pal said he saw his monitor just fine.

Ok just had a buggy thing happen.

I got chased by 4 zombies, my blood was around 7000. I kill 3 but the last zombie knocks me down, and I get the mega-long unconscious load. I start crying - but wait - even though the zed is now eating me my blood doesn't drop (i was visibly bleeding). This lasted until the hourglass was done, letting me get up and kill off the last zombie.

good lawd thank you for this moment of defectiveness. GPS <3 you my precious.

people are spawning in the middle of nowhere ...someone on our server just told me that he fired a makarov from on top of the big hill almost 100m away and he had a horde of really pissed off zeds..

So far I'm liking it a lot...

1. I've seen people complaining they can't stealth past zeds now. That's working perfectly for me. They can spot you much more often when you are where they are looking at, but you can sneak past them if you're behind them.

2. Finally, you can lose them in any number of ways. The one thing I hated was how zeds would magically know where you are once aggroed.

3. The hopper animation is much, much better now.

4. The ability to "convert" the 12 gauge and .45 ACP rounds was a great addition. As simple as it might be, that was one thing that would always break immersion for me. The next thing to do in this aspect is being able to use normal ammo in silenced weapons.

5. Yes, zeds still hit through walls, but at least they can't see you anymore.

6. The one thing I didn't liked so far was the zed attack range increase.

I don't have many complaints about this update, just that the zombies seem to respawn ridiculously fast, I lost a good 3-4 day character to a horde of about 30~ zombies that kept respawning near a deer stand, every time I thought I had taken them all out I would turn around to be greeted by the next batch that had spawned.

I wasn't too annoyed by it, I expected zombies to be a little harder with this update and really even if there were 30 zombies hanging around a deer stand I wouldn't mind, the only thing that bothered me was the fact they were spawning in as I was killing them.

My heart goes out to rocket today. He has obviously worked hard to bring us the next installment of this alpha while having to deal with plenty other shenanigans . It's not working as he intended, anyone who follows his posts knows this. Yet people just keep posting this tripe about how bad things are. We are all Alpha testers. Anyone posting nonsense without at least reading what has been said already really should hold off playing and posting until beta or more.

Cmon guys your here to test not get upset because things don't work correctly. Enjoy what we have and support Rocket and his team.

Posted from a terrible phone with a tiny keyboard.