Sign in to follow this  
trexeth

Character sleeping when logged off

Hello everyone, it's me again.

My suggestion is very clear. When you log off, your character is not removed from the map. He is "sleeping".

So actually when you are logged off, you can get looted. Like in real life!

So before logging off you will need to find a place where to log off in order others don't find you.

You can hide in the house and put lock on the door, or sleep in the grass or corn field.

Zombies can't attack sleeping player (because if they would too many would be killed).

Other players cannot kill you (if they could, it will lead to more character kills)

Only thing other players can do if you sleep, is looting you.

So if you logged off on open field, don;t be surprised if in 4 days you log on an empty character.

So your character won't be killable, won't be movable, but can be looted by other players.

What ya say?

• Like 1

Main idea, about sleeping and getting looted is kinda nice, barricading urself in a house ofcourse but about rest im not sure.

No. Do you know how much griefing would happen? People would get on the game for the sole purpose of finding and looting sleeping characters.

Plus it would be immersion breaking. I see a person, but he's suddenly invincible because he's not conscious?

Edited by colekern

you have my beans sir

that is a very good idea...

especially with so many new buildings opening up you could find a hotel like the one in tavania with about 30 rooms and lock yourself in..

Stupid idea. If you were get looted in real life you surely would woke up, so theres nothing realistic.

Edited by Kaczor
  • Like 2

There could be a dice roll when you loot a sleeping person they might wake up and shoot you. That would make anytime you found a person a complete gamble whether or not you come away with loot (who knows how good) and insta-dead.

There could be a dice roll when you loot a sleeping person they might wake up and shoot you. That would make anytime you found a person a complete gamble whether or not you come away with loot (who knows how good) and insta-dead.

How would they shoot you if their not playing? wtf

The game would. When you are logged off and sleeping you would be part of the environment. If someone tries to loot you the game would check if you woke up and if you did, BAM, if not you wake up with no stuff.

This, like everything else, has been suggested since May. It's also a horrible idea. DayZ is still just a mod, not real life. I don't think a lot of people want their hardly earned loot to be stolen because they are not capable of spending their whole lives on a computer.

• Like 3

The game would. When you are logged off and sleeping you would be part of the environment. If someone tries to loot you the game would check if you woke up and if you did, BAM, if not you wake up with no stuff.
Even if the "game" shoots someone who's trying to rob you. They know EXACTLY where you're unconscious body is sitting, so they can try again.

trexeth, use the search bar. There's already a discussion about this sort of stuff.

It got quite heated if I remember right. I don't think it's a good idea, personally.

• Like 1

LOL..... I wrote in another post a JOKE about how excessively rediculous people have gotten about the "realism" of DayZ. My farce of a comment? "You can never log off." This suggestion comes about as close to it as you'll ever get.

Can you seriously think that leaving you character asleep and lootable is a good idea? Why even have gear in the game then? Why bother playing such a rediculous way? After the novelty wore off, this would be a huge flop as people would just run around looting sleepers... or camping them when they woke up.

I'd hate to be someone who only has time to play a couple of times a week. Would be a waste of time in even trying to gear up.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 5

Because having a server full of 'sleeping' bodies everywhere would be awesome.

Because my character sleeping ingame for weeks while I don't have time to play the game is such an awesome idea.

Because having to practically start over each time you log back into the game is so much fun.

Have some beans! No... wait... I don't have any because I got robbed while I was 'sleeping'. :emptycan: <_<

Do people even think these things over before they post them?

• Like 3

Careful, long intro!

I like the drink/food/cold inicators. Why couldn't we have a "rest" indicator also? It makes sense to me cause without rest nobody can survive for long. We would need to take short naps to replenish in "rest". During that time the view and sound would gradually fade, simulating nap time. This does not need to take much time. Just like gutting animals/cooking stakes and consuming them is abreviated, naping should replenish the "rest" indicator at a pace that makes us weary of potential dangers, but not bored. We could also scavenge for drugs to keep us awake. Additionally, when "rest" indicator drops, our awareness of the surrounding could fade, (like black out).

Whenever we log back in, portions of drink/food/rest would be less, simulating the avatar's effort to survival during our absence. Also, we could reappear at a random location, a certain distance from where we logged off showing again this activity during our absence.

This seems more realistic to me, both in what concerns sleep, (when your life is threatened you don't sleep like a log,) and logging off (we can't have inactive players snoring all over the place). On that matter, during sleep time, we could snore perhaps, (something like buzzing flies for corpses)?

If you are going create a thread about an idea that has suggested dozens of times before, at least make sure it's a good idea.

Implementing this would effectively punish people for not playing the game, an idea so utterly idiotic it doesn't need any more reasons to send this thread to the graveyard.

A dice-roll mechanic in DayZ?

What has the world come to...

Edited by Dutch Miller

Bad i think it should never be really implamented or until they have some brilliant way of adding it in theres just so many problems to this cant kill becauses he logged of? but you can loot him if i were a bandit couldnt i just shoot him plus people who could only log in a couple of times wouldnt really be fair now would it and dont forget people who would do anything to get good gear with out going any where near a hot spot they would just go lookiing for players asleep and steal their stuff if this was implamented i;m sure this would become a so called "tactic or gamestyle" which it really wouldnt i'm not trying to bash you its just that this topic came up so many times and i personally think it would break the game