Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

Makarov... pfft.

I was in Elektro being chased by zombies and saw a player on the fire station roof, so I ran to the ladder and climbed up as he was climbing down, and let the horde attack him.

However 5 seconds later he appeared over the top of the ladder and pointed his Makarov at me... I decided to let him kill me since I wanted to spawn in a different place. He pointed his Makarov at my chest.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Eight shots in the chest from a couple feet. Nothing much. He reloaded.

Now I was injured, but still on my feet and able to attack. He reloaded again.

The final magazine severely injured me but I was still on my feet. He had to drop his Makarov and equip his hatchet to finish me off. I'm not sure that's entirely realistic. I'm not sure why he didn't headshot me, but whatever. I suspended my disbelief by assuming my player's vest was supposed to be bulletproof. I noticed the nerf effect in single player ArmA too, with the CZ Skorpion - unloading a full magazine into someone's chest would result in them running away while you reloaded.

:|

• Like 3

that is some vudu shit my friend, I know the makarov is a bad gun but please! 24 shots to the chest and you lived? if you're not a hacker someone got you hacked

that is some vudu shit my friend, I know the makarov is a bad gun but please! 24 shots to the chest and you lived? if you're not a hacker someone got you hacked

You have enough blood to survive 13.5 makarov shots. When you take into account that rapid firing the makarov will make over half your shots miss it makes a lot of sense.

You have enough blood to survive 13.5 makarov shots. When you take into account that rapid firing the makarov will make over half your shots miss it makes a lot of sense.

Also makes sense when he says Point blank. How many point blank shots missed his torso? i'd say he is over exaggerating his story by 1-2 clips.

• Like 1

Also makes sense when he says Point blank. How many point blank shots missed his torso? i'd say he is over exaggerating his story by 1-2 clips.

I rapid fired a whole makarov clip from as close as you can get to a guy aiming at his back. 3 shots hit. I learned my lesson and another time some guy ran right up to me and rapid fired while I fired slowly. Guess who died? Him.

No exaggeration, I counted, the other guy was dumbfounded as well. I don't see how a substantial number shots could have missed, his gun was about 4 feet from my chest, and I was standing still. Crazy! ^_^

Still, even if that guy did miss most of he's shots, the Makarov and all the other pistols need a serious buff.

• Like 1

Still, even if that guy did miss most of he's shots, the Makarov and all the other pistols need a serious buff.

Agreed. The player models do appear to be wearing ballistic vests (although they could just be load-bearing vests) so that could somewhat account for a pistol's ineffectiveness when shooting at the body. Maybe some kind of body armour should be loot in the standalone.

Although on the other hand, before the "nerf", the 45s did 4500 damage while the 9mms only did 1389. I think the new values are more accurate when compared to each other (a 45 is not over 3 times as powerful as a 9mm :rolleyes: ), but I think all the damages should be raised.

• Like 1

It's all lag, luck, and accuracy.A bandit/newb in panic mode once found me in a fire station and emptied one mag at me.I was dead after the 2nd-3rd shot, it was a lucky headshot.

That's why I keep sidearms for zombies only, and the Makarov as my trusty sidearm ^_^

The makarov isn't good or realistic, but it's something you have to be sneaky with. I can sneak around and put one shot to the back of a bandit head with the makarov.

9x18 weapons are just alternatives for more dangerous firearms..

Get it? Hahaha, okay.

Edited by Sutinen

the m1911 does a bit more DMG. and because ammo is EVERYWHERE for both guns. the m1911 is my favorite gun

Edited by the LawsOfFire

Isn't there something where small caliber pistols do near zero damage on a frontal chest shot because of the vests? Is that just another urban legend?

Oh, and I was just reminded of something unrelated which irritated me... why does the AS50 do almost 5 times the damage of the M107 when they are supposed to use the same cartridge from similar-length barrels in real life? It makes absolutely no sense. :( Stuff like that irritates me...

While I'm at it, the Winchester damage should be toned down too, since the 1866 fired the .44 Henry (nowadays they are usually chambered for .44-40) which fired a 200 gr bullet at 1125 fps. The .44-40 will do a bit over 100 fps more, but not much. That type of power isn't much more than many pistols.

Using BI's own formula, that should equate to 1692 or 2073 blood damage. Instead it does 4500, which is far too much for the weapon... assuming they are trying to represent solid bullets and not expanding hunting ammunition.

Oh, and I was just reminded of something unrelated which irritated me... why does the AS50 do almost 5 times the damage of the M107 when they are supposed to use the same cartridge from similar-length barrels in real life? It makes absolutely no sense. :( Stuff like that irritates me...

A wizard did it.

On a more serious note, I've created my own little story to make this fit. A lot of snipers make their own custom ammo. They maybe add a wee bit more propellant to the cartridge? Or use a custom projectile? Either way I can live with this little oversight.

A wizard did it.

On a more serious note, I've created my own little story to make this fit. A lot of snipers make their own custom ammo. They maybe add a wee bit more propellant to the cartridge? Or use a custom projectile? Either way I can live with this little oversight.

People can load hotter ammunition but it would be almost impossible to have such a drastic effect without some type of explosive charge in the projectile, Perhaps I'll imagine that.

I guess it's supposed to shoot NM140 MP.

OK then its settled. Imagination fixes all! I'm off to imagine myself a post apocalyptic pizza.