rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

* [NEW] (*.2 Hotfix)Added some Anti-cheat.

Can anyone explain this?

Edited by TSAndrey
  • Like 1

@babyfell

Can you delete your @Dayz folder and download using Dayz Commander again and try to join one of my servers ill pm the info.

@TSAndrey

No sorry.

WOW razor49, you sure assume alot that admins aren't bothered to fix their servers.

He may have some dev skill (i dunno.. just assuming), but he doesn't really have the skill to post on a forum in a public conversation (not while being a "host"), so i wouldn't waste my time to talk with him. :)

Said that.. i'm a very active admin, and my server is kicking ppl, and my hoster is very active as well (dayz.st), if i should follow his suggestion i would move away from dayz.st to go to.. i dunno where. maybe i should host my server at razor house. :)

I'd like to see some big changes regarding ammo/guns/food, partically making them all much rarer, and tweaks to zombies. Also, would love an update/more screenshots of the standalone :3

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

Generation is not the issue. Distribution is the problem, power will trip very quickly when one or two transformers blow - due to overload from fire, factories shorting out etc... When a few transformers go they increase the load on other transformers and you get a cascading fail.

An example of the effects, even when people were monitoring the situation: http://en.wikipedia....lackout_of_2003

For a good outline of cascading failure, see http://en.wikipedia....scading_failure

I actually worked on a review for this when I worked with the Police in NZ as the liaison when with the Air Force, and I revisited this research with DayZ. New Zealand has many hydroelectric dams and we found that within days or hours of a severe disaster power would begin to be lost, due to cascading failure. Within one week with no manual intervention of power plants, transmission, etc..., it is almost certain the entire country would be without power delivery (generation might continue, for some plants, although most require manual intervention for alerts or they shut down for safety reasons - much like a dead man's switch in trains

YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED SON! :D

rayzooooooooooooaaaaaaaar? i did send you 2 pm's please answer. :(

A couple of thoughts.

Personally, I play as a survivor so I try to avoid people and zombies when I can. The L85 works well for that and I use it for that. I try to find and use SD mags to avoid attracting zombies when I do have to shoot them.(It would be so nice to be able to equip the hatchet even when you have a rifle to take out zombies silently. hint hint).

As for using flashlights, chem lights and flares. Flares attract zombies, not a good thing if you are trying to avoid them. Flashlights and chem lights are buggy as hell when you are inside a building.

About playing at night. If you want to be somewhat realistic, the human eye will adjust to darkness quite well after a relatively short time and you will be able to see enough to get around outside at night not so in the game and with the flashlight being so buggy inside it can be very frustrating to try and play at night which is why most people avoid the night.

• Like 4

L85 I do not care about. There's enough of them in circulation anyway.

Street lights, I can see an issue for not having them on as well. Wouldn't mind a bit more lighting in cities at night mind you. If you want it dark, go out into the countryside where it is very dark anyway. I dunno, maybe some more burning barrels scattered across the cites and towns to brighten it up? I must say that on real life, I never find it as dark as it is on this game at times. Your eyes adjust quite well after a while. Especially on a starry night and if the moon is out. Heck for more realism, have the moon go through it's phases so night time becomes more light at certain times of the month. I am an astronomer and spend much time out in the dark and I think you would find even on a very dark night, it's not always as dark as the game makes it out to be. Heck if you had a serious realism issue, have the earth go through seasons as well, with summer being lighter and winter getting darker quicker (northern hemisphere setting).

Edited by shamefuldirty
  • Like 1

I feel kind of sad about that. The an 2 Colt and the V 22 do not lack purpose at all, or the helicopter would just as well lack purpose. Purpose is amde by the players, not by testers, who are just 10 and as such not representative.

I can remember a fairly big suggestion thread asking for the an2 colt, so the interest is there. Get it in community project guys, and stay awesome.

I concur. These aircraft types were fun to find.

By the way, the word is 'purpose', not 'perpose'.....

As to 50 cals, they were far too easy to find. I would have expected it would be easier to find a Dragunov (SVD). In any case, the Mosin-Nagant of WWII should appear more frequently as should the Mauser K98 as it was copied by a number of Eastern Bloc countries. And how about a scoped Mosin-Nagant? Get the base stats from the WWII mods for Arma II, including Iron Front 1944.

Edited by SwissArmy

After reading the change log, I'm a bit confused - the S1203 Ambulance was replaced with a HMMWV class vehicle, but the HMMWV ambulance is banned, so is there another HMMWV class name that is unbanned in 1.7.4.4?

* [REMOVED] Dogs Removed while we rewrite the hud and correct a few other issues. (attak, Getin/out of vehicles)

damn it :(

looking forward to a fix for it

cheers

|

First of all, my english might not be perfect, but i hope you'll get it ; )

I am playing DayZ for about 4 months now and experienced much, I was killed for some 10 times in the first

3 months and now my char is alive for a month. This is due to my careful play after starting to collect the rare stuff.

I only registered here to, well, complain about the removal of the L85. Mainly, because the arguments I read

considering this weapon didnt satisfy me at all. It's easy to call everyone not agreeing a "QQer", and many of those

complaining are not doing well at explaining their minds.

I read some answers, e.g. by Bakst, that were interesting. I would like to ask those of you, who are willing to discuss

it in a reasonable way, why you think this L85 thing was the right choise.

These are the reasons i think it should stay in the game, as well as the .50s :

- everyone has the chance of finding one. I agree, the chance is too high at the moment, although me and my mat found

4 L85 all in all, during 4 months. Thats not really too much, i guess.

- I wont say, it is not that strong, like i read here before. It gives a huge advantage (!), and it is meant to do so, if you ask me.

BUT: Having a L85 gives me that thrill, making me really afraid to die. Its not like running through Elektro with an AK,

i play extremely careful now for weeks.

Also, i stay in the north. The Cities are way too dangerous, so i stay the F away. I dont really believe L85s are so much of a

problem in Cherno, Elektro and so on..

Geared-Up players coming to the NWAF should know they could be shot. Most likely. That gun is a reward - it is the best Item

and as DayZ is really lacking an end game objective, it's the only reward i can imagine right now. Zeds are easy to counter, so..

Make it even harder to find, but it keeps people motivated to find something useful.

Plus, you can still die. Even with an L85 equipped and 2 more in the back pack, you can get hit with an axe in the face.

Even without having it, the constant fear of being observed through a thermal scope makes DayZ more interesting.

Yes, you are superior with an L85 - in my opinion, thats okay. You find it, consider yourself being God and have some

fun, you'll die anyways. If you do damage and attack players, you increase your chance of getting killed. If you use it

from time to time, where's the problem?

-Moreover, im pretty sure Hackers will keep spawning them in. Maybe patching back and then return to 1.7.4.4 with that

gun again. So making it e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y rare was the solution i'd prefer, as you can still have one without getting banned.

• Like 2

Meh. I'm not impressed with the removal of the L85 CWS. I have been killed only once with it. I would rather see the implementation of a counter to thermals, IE a survival blanket that hides your thermal signature while being extremely visible to other players. It could also be used as a means of staying warm.

i finallt tryed the new version..i've been kicked a couple of times, but then i was also able to join a server which used to kick me. no problems ingame, i didn't see any lights in town (both cherno and elektro)..someone said zombies didn't loose the aggro but they worked normally for me..so far this is all..

What does the G17 do exactly?

If you are referring to the G17 icon, it replaces the not in combat/in combat text at the top of your screen. When it is static you are not in combat, when it flashes you are in combat.

How about adding disabled (non repairable) cars and have their lights on or randomly blinks..

Meh. I'm not impressed with the removal of the L85 CWS. I have been killed only once with it...

how could you know this? or better yet, how could you know how many times you were spotted with it?

• Like 2