Mr Nasty

Cholera and Typhoid fever.

So uh... Apparently these are both going to be very real features in the stand alone.

Pass the TP please.

Im actually curious how diseases will effect game play. I understand ok you get sick you need meds but one of the major symptoms of both of these is poop, the liquid kind. How will one know which disease they actually have? Are all the diseases going to have the same fix?

Discuss.

• Like 1

HAZMAT suit, u mad?

Im no expert but putting on a hazmat suit when you have diarrhea is probably not recommended. But hey to each his own.

• Like 8

could get quite squelchy quite quickly.

I gave beans for a well timed use of the world 'squelchy'.

"Ohhhh so that's what i had for dinner last night...."

Beans + mountain dew + cholera + hazmat suit = ___________ ?

hahaha

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? I like to think I've been following the progress of the SA quite closely, but I've not read any mention of specific diseases like Cholera and Typhoid...

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? I like to think I've been following the progress of the SA quite closely, but I've not read any mention of specific diseases like Cholera and Typhoid...

Rocket said it on twitter minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

One messy Party!!

One word comes to mind: Hetstaine....

amiright? bahaha

Rocket said it on twitter minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

I need to check this more often! He posted a link to an interview some days ago which is pretty damn informative: http://dorkshelf.com/2012/11/12/survival-of-the-dead-dayzs-dean-hall-refuses-to-go-easy/

Apparently players will be able to gather lab equipment to try and cure the zombie virus.

Yeah maybe if you assemble a lab you can collect certain ingredients to concoct medicines to cure diseases or create lethal poisons.

I could see the wasteland medics or whatever their name is using a lab to maybe set up a hospital/trading post to make meds and help heal the world! give peace a chaaaaance

Edited by Mr Nasty

Beans + mountain dew + cholera + hazmat suit = respawn button enabled

• Like 1

Sounds like the game has changed quite a bit. If these diseases were added to the game as is, everyone would just suicide and respawn with a fresh pair and a clean bill of health.

More info!

Perhaps Depends will be loot found at the groceries? ;)

Edited by klesh
  • Like 2

Perhaps Depends will be loot found at the groceries? ;)

Friend: Hey is everyone good on food and drink? im in the market.

Me: Im good on food and drink but mind picking me up some diapers? Im fresh out and I gotta take a grumpy like its nobodies business.

OR

[gear]

akm mag

tin can

dirty diaper

smoke grenade

Yes I cannot wait for this feature to be implemented.

• Like 1

Sounds like a cool idea but....

...What stops me from finding a place to store my gear, killing myself and then just going back to pick up my stuff disease free? Does the disease carry onto my new character, if so that destroys the whole survivor issue and I might as well have squad spawns and XP bars. Or perhaps when my character coughs and shits he doesn't clean his hands and all the cooked food I have gives the disease to anyone who loots and eats the food I had... if that second part is the case then this game has suddenly got the ultimate troll tool.

Sounds like a cool idea but....

...What stops me from finding a place to store my gear, killing myself and then just going back to pick up my stuff disease free? Does the disease carry onto my new character, if so that destroys the whole survivor issue and I might as well have squad spawns and XP bars. Or perhaps when my character coughs and shits he doesn't clean his hands and all the cooked food I have gives the disease to anyone who loots and eats the food I had... if that second part is the case then this game has suddenly got the ultimate troll tool.

you could ask some of the same questions about the current disease...

Edited by Dankine

you could ask some of the same questions about the current disease...

:huh:

That was the point of the question... what stops us doing that, same when we break our legs as newly spawns.