Siickest

DayZ - Question #4‏

Hello DayZ Reader ;) Next Question is up and running ;)

This is about week is about "sharing"

You have found an ATV/CAR/TRUCK and as you drive in the forest you drive into a tree/building/anything. You notice it get very damage. You lost 1 wheel and the engine is (red). You don't have the items to repair because you were on your way. But you are to far away and it will take time. You can't drive it anymore. Sadly enough.

So the Question is: What would you do?

My answer: Me and my friend got our motto "If we can't have it, no one can!"

Spend as long as necessary fixing it up.

Leave the engine on, and log out.

I leave vehicles where they are and in perfect health, I figure they'll be exciting to engage in the future

If im alone i would Empty the fuel too (by leaving the engine on) getting the Parts to Repair.

If im in a Team 1 or more will go scavenging for the Parts. 1 Will guard the Vehicle from an save Position.

1 Wheel would do it then i could drive away hide it on an save spot and try getting the engine.

This is why you should always have spare parts in your vehicle if you're venturing out.

Personally, I'd get out the vehicle and get back in.

Auto repair bug :wub:

• Like 1

If I am alone I walk and do not use any cars or other vehicles. You are spotted to fast and you make a lot of noise.

If I am with my squad we would secure the area and one or two are getting the needed parts to get it running again.

• Like 1

when i play solo, i leave the vehicle for others, in the middle of the road or near a town with some traffic..i care more about tents than vehicles, and when i find them i search only in a close range to them for parts..

If we are stupid enough to break it we deal with the problems on foot, we get our original mission over and done with no matter the distance then come back to the vehicle...

If there are 4 or 5 of us it makes looting for gear, survival goods and parts the whole much easier, though trecking over open ground can take time if being cautious.

• Like 2

Broken down vehicles make the best kind of traps.

If im in town and it breaks down I'll usually find a nice ambush spot. Sometimes ill be lucky enough that the poor guy that comes along actually has the parts to fix it.

• Like 1

Walk. A real man travels by foot, no matter how long the distance!

amen. i try not to bother with vehicles, always get shot out/blown up/run out of supplies and gas in the middle of nowhere/have an idiot try to steal it, hit a tree, and blow up

• Like 1

Hello there

If I leave a server with a useable vehicle, I just fill my pack up from the inventory of the the said vehicle with whatever I need and leave it for the next person.

I usually park it out of the way, on a side street or the rear of a warehouse, but never hide it in the middle of nowhwere.

If it's there when i relog on, all well and good, if not, well, someone else was made happy finding it.

I'm a snuggly carebear sometimes.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Well personally, as long as I have a penny to jam under my [w] key I will run everywhere!

I would tend to it's wounds as much as possible. If possible, I will stop by any industrial loot spawn for parts and fuel.

If that's not an option...

...always nice to keep a grenade in your inventory.

Depends, once I found a heli< but since I can't fly for shit (and didn't feel like losing my good gear) I called out on side chat if anyone wanted it. I met a nice guy and we repaired it together and scouted for crashes for a long time, untill a hacker decided to take it.

Hello there

If I leave a server with a useable vehicle, I just fill my pack up from the inventory of the the said vehicle with whatever I need and leave it for the next person.

I usually park it out of the way, on a side street or the rear of a warehouse, but never hide it in the middle of nowhwere.

If it's there when i relog on, all well and good, if not, well, someone else was made happy finding it.

I'm a snuggly carebear sometimes.

Rgds

LoK

Got my beanZ for being so friendly. But if you spend hours of repairing a vehicle you really park it where the chance is very big that it is gone? Very generous....