-Guardian-

"Zombie Logging" What's your take?

Zombie Orgy...

Possibly the greatest terminology to be used on these forums that I have seen so far.

You're wrong. It CAN effect other players and make the game less fun for them. For example if someone is stalking you (really fun to do :D ) and they see you get chased into a building by Zeds and they follow in after you to kill you (Not something i would do myself, but thats not the point) and you've lame logged, thats an exploit that makes the game less fun for other people.

One could also say that while that may be fun for the killer, it makes the game less fun for the killed. We each play the game the way we want and as long as no one is hacking or using illegal scripts, who cares?

Zombie logging is perfectly acceptable, given your problem...down there in your vagina...which you have in lieu of a penis.

I do think it's ok to log off to avoid hackers. The other day someone teleported me from Belota to Cherno. All I knew is one minute I was on a hillsde surrounded by trees...the next I'm standing in a pile of dead players with the sound of gunfire all around me. Fuck that!

You can lose zombies very easy anyway, just go behind a wall or clump of trees and lose line of sight (anything will do, even solid fence) go from running to crouch run then they lose you in a few secs.

I'm not sure why the OP ran up the stairs in the coffee shop rather than out through the open doorway at the opposite end of the hall though, that would have sorted out this particular mess :P

That would be to easy. Wait what? :rolleyes:

I remember in the early days hiding in a tree at nwaf seeing a guy running along wondering if i should take him out, watched him run into a shed then the zombies that were chasing him dissapear... He logged, then popped back in zombie trouble free, then got a .50 cal round through his spine :). Yeh he shouldn't have done that.

*shrug* you play how you want. I wouldnt do that, would rather just take my chance and go on a zombie slaughter. I dont really see it as an exploit, like other people say, it doesnt affect anyone else but you.

To all people crying out for exploit, did you ever used dayzdb to check for the map for loot spawn and what not ? Its pretty much the same thing, to a different degree.

As far as combat logging in pvp, to me thats pretty much an exploit since it directly affect other players.

It depends if we're talking about normal zombies or those crazy zombies that seem to be able to phase through walls. Regarding the first kind, logging out is quite dishonorable, while I have no problems with doing it to the second...

It's perfectly fine, until more work is done on zombies it shouldn't be frowned upon.

Growls, screams, and the sound of a mob all behind me as I am running through town. No one anywhere close except for the undead hot on my tail. As I lose some around the wall, I gain others close by. Armed with only my M9 and 7 rounds, I make a split second decision to take refuge inside of a coffee shop. Running up the stairs, I hear over a dozen coming in after me. Knowing i wouldnt be able to take them all on, I quickly log out and join back in. As I am re-entering into this virtual hell I realise the coffee shop is completely empty. Logging out had made them disappear, leaving me alone and able to continue on my journey.

What is your take on "Zombie Logging" and does it rank up there with Combat Logging? Im interested in peoples opinion on this certain 'strategy' so to speak on losing the undead.

Perfect solution for this is to just make the game to not make it able to alt f4. And when logging out have a 10 second timer, were your still able to get shot, eaten, ran over ect... Or have it so you need to be safe in order to log out. similar to the current "not in combat" system recently release.

It's about the same as cheating in a single-player game. Not nearly as bad as cheating in multiplayer, but it's still rather lame.

You' re not only cheating yourself but also every other player you effect by picking up loot, shooting guns, driving vehicles or whatever. You lost, you should be out of the game or on the beach totin a flashlight!

edited:spelling

Edited by Drabik

I guess it's an exploit. But where do we draw the line ? Drawing zombies into buildings is also taking advantage of their indoors speed nerf, just like getting inside a bush so they can't hit you (I don't mean the usual hiding for those who don't know about it), or on top of a pier so they can't get near you.

I'm not defending this log-out-when-in-danger thing, but I'd like to know when an exploit is exactly frowned upon, how do we decide ?

(For example, I assume the m1014 shotgun shell refilling bug is totally frowned upon).

EDIT: I have been using SD mags in non suppressed weapons because zombies don't seem to be able to hear those shots (which are as loud as any other shot). Is that an exploit too ? It's interesting to try to decide what's an exploit and what is fair in an unfinished game :I

Edited by Rivy

Looks like this is a pretty divided topic with people on both sides. Interesting.